Message Board King best regards's Avatar
    best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Man... I've already lost 5 pounds

For those who don't know, I sprained my neck a little over a week ago. The chiropractor says it'ss take around 3-4 weeks to heal. I've already lost 5 pounds

It's because I'm not eat that much anymore. I'm used to eating aruond 4000 calories a day and now, because I'm so unmotivated, I've been eating barely anything.

Injuries suck

And this is the second time this has happened. LAst time it was about 6 months.

Have any of you ever experienced similar things to this?
    Goal of June football camp = 400lb squat

Farwell, my friends. I'll be back some day. Just need to get my head screwed on straight.

"Thank you O God for saving the earth from the asteroid.... the one you just sent"

Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alternamaton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Don't worry, it's much easier to regain lost muscle than it is to gain new muscle. It will not take you as long to regain the five pounds that you lost as it did to gain them originally.

Feel better.

best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Alternamaton
    Don't worry, it's much easier to regain lost muscle than it is to gain new muscle. It will not take you as long to regain the five pounds that you lost as it did to gain them originally.

Feel better.
    Thanks yeah, hopefully some of it was fat.

Farwell, my friends. I'll be back some day. Just need to get my head screwed on straight.

"Thank you O God for saving the earth from the asteroid.... the one you just sent"

psu2727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

I had a stress fracture from running during cross-country. I had a cast and boot for 9 weeks. It sucked!

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by best regards
    For those who don't know, I sprained my neck a little over a week ago. The chiropractor says it'ss take around 3-4 weeks to heal. I've already lost 5 pounds

It's because I'm not eat that much anymore. I'm used to eating aruond 4000 calories a day and now, because I'm so unmotivated, I've been eating barely anything.

Injuries suck

And this is the second time this has happened. LAst time it was about 6 months.

Have any of you ever experienced similar things to this?
    *plays violin for best regards*

Originally Posted by mjw8204
    *plays violin for best regards*
    You'd be surprised how depressing it is.

Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironfreak220 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I pulled a tendon and muscle in my forearm 2 months ago. It sucked so I just worked around it.
    Bodybuilding is not just a hobby, it's a way of life.

"Never Fall, Never Fail, and Never Die!"
    MuscleTech Athlete
    NPC Bodybuilder
    FST-7 Trained

Originally Posted by Ironfreak220
    I pulled a tendon and muscle in my forearm 2 months ago. It sucked so I just worked around it.
    Yeah, I've pulled my forearm before. Usually takes about a week to recover with ice.

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by best regards
    Yeah, I've pulled my forearm before.
    How did you do that?

Originally Posted by mjw8204
    How did you do that?
    When I first started oly front squatting a while ago, the position of the barbell I guess was cumbersome.

But I got over it

Spicedawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i feel for ya man....I strained a muscle in my neck last week and it put me down all last week...luckily it wasnt to bad and after 3-4 days i really wasnt hurten anymore....but it definitly sucks knowing your hurt and cant workout and all your previous hardwork is going down the drain...but you will be back at in no time....Ice and stretch might help speed along the recovery

good luck
    "I have bound myself to this chosen life and it to me--these words are the contract that binds me..upon it, i have signed my name in blood."

Crazy John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crazy John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy

I bet some of it was fat. Some could have been water, and some could have been muscle, which is what you fear. You will find out the extent of this in the gym. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My rotator cuff needs surgery and I don't have health insurance. It's been about 9 months and it hurts like absolute hell about 50% of the time. I lost a lot of size in the upper body.

It happens...just remember it's never too late. There's a guy at my gym who has the physique that I want ultimately, and he's in his 40's! Losing a couple months won't hurt you in the long run. Who knows, it may have been a good thing to give your body some time to rest up 100%!
    -Sean
    U.S. Army 89B
    6'1", 32 y/o
    6/06/11: 241.5 lbs, 19.5% BF
    6/24/11: 235 lbs, 17% BF
    ...and leaning...
    (former) ACE CPT
    (former) Les Mills BodyPump instructor
    (former) Certified SPIN instructor
    ...which clearly means I know NOTHING about fitness or resistance training!
    Huntington Beach, CA
    "I've got a whole gym in my shower. I can blast my quads and lather my nuts at the same time." -HoosierBoy

Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey don't be depressed! Just think of all the TV, social, videogame, reading, etc. things you can catch up on... think of it as a really long strategic deconditioning period! You will be back up and at 'um before ya know it. In the mean time, I highly recommend renting the show "24" on DVD... it will suck up so much of your time that you will be done with your recovery period before you finish season 4 ;-)

lol thanks for the responses guys