klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Losing weight quickly, but...

A few weeks ago you may recall that keto wasn't exactly working for me. Well all of that has changed this last month and a half. I'm now down to 177 from 194lbs. Two weeks ago I was really sick with the flu and took about 9 days off from lifting. I started lifting again this week but I've been extremely weak and I worry that I'm losing muscle. Typically I was able to work through each set with full ROM up to 12 reps but now my muscles are shaky halfway through and sometimes I can only get 8-9 reps. I haven't had a real carb up day in a couple of weeks now (I did take a day when I was sick and had a pseudo carb up where I just ate various things such as fruit, juice, potatos etc because I could barely move from bed.) If I continue to have low strength after this weeks carb up what would be the best course of action to replenish strength and preserve/gain more muscle mass? Should I try and take in more calories? Is it possible to find a balance where I lose weight at a decent pace and still gain muscle for that matter.

slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by klootzak
    A few weeks ago you may recall that keto wasn't exactly working for me. Well all of that has changed this last month and a half. I'm now down to 177 from 194lbs. Two weeks ago I was really sick with the flu and took about 9 days off from lifting. I started lifting again this week but I've been extremely weak and I worry that I'm losing muscle. Typically I was able to work through each set with full ROM up to 12 reps but now my muscles are shaky halfway through and sometimes I can only get 8-9 reps. I haven't had a real carb up day in a couple of weeks now (I did take a day when I was sick and had a pseudo carb up where I just ate various things such as fruit, juice, potatos etc because I could barely move from bed.) If I continue to have low strength after this weeks carb up what would be the best course of action to replenish strength and preserve/gain more muscle mass? Should I try and take in more calories? Is it possible to find a balance where I lose weight at a decent pace and still gain muscle for that matter.
    Chances are your body is just tired of trying to repair itself from the flu. Taking 9 days off is enough to decondition you muscles to the point you might lose some strength. It will be temporary tho so dont worry. I wouldn't change too much and just let your body recover itself. If in 9 days you still arent back to where you were before, then its time to look at upping the calories.