fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Cut Diet Carb Night dilema

Hey guys,

I'm about to do my second carb up tonight, but have two issues:

1)
    I HATE the texture and mushy feel of oatmeal in my mouth. I know oats are good for me, but I usually just would throw a cup into a blender, throw in some whey and flax oil - this was before the cut diet and now I cannot use that method any longer- because we are not allowed a lot of water with the carb meal at night and NO protien either.

Is there any way around eating the oatmeal in a different way than being microwaved with water? or do I haver to just man up and eat the stuf? lol

2)
    I have looked all over the place and I cant find any sweet potatoes anywhere near where I live. Would it be ok if I used any other kind of potato instead?

BTW: I think I have an addiction to Watermelon Xtend.. I drink it all day long with ice-cold water and I feel like hot stuff! lol
    Thanks

Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitQuest
    Hey guys,

I'm about to do my second carb up tonight, but have two issues:

1)
    I HATE the texture and mushy feel of oatmeal in my mouth. I know oats are good for me, but I usually just would throw a cup into a blender, throw in some whey and flax oil - this was before the cut diet and now I cannot use that method any longer- because we are not allowed a lot of water with the carb meal at night and NO protien either.

Is there any way around eating the oatmeal in a different way than being microwaved with water? or do I haver to just man up and eat the stuf? lol

2)
    I have looked all over the place and I cant find any sweet potatoes anywhere near where I live. Would it be ok if I used any other kind of potato instead?

BTW: I think I have an addiction to Watermelon Xtend.. I drink it all day long with ice-cold water and I feel like hot stuff! lol
    Thanks

1. Put in the amount of water that makes a consistancy you are comfortable with. The water restriction is basically not to down a gallon of water with your carb meal.

Other than that, eat the oats. I can't beleive some people don't like oats!

2. Morrisons sell them mate, get all my stuff from there. Theres gotta be one relatively near you.
    "To be the best you must do what others don't"

Lee Priest

www.teamscivation.com (member)

Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. i would say man up and eat the oats, chuck has come up with the optimal refeed and you only have to eat them once every three days. I think its ok to eat them raw with water if that would help the texture, better double check on that though.

2. Do you live in the desert? theres got to be a place around that sells yams/sweet potatos, any health food stores around?

fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) fitQuest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Matthews227
    1. i would say man up and eat the oats, chuck has come up with the optimal refeed and you only have to eat them once every three days. I think its ok to eat them raw with water if that would help the texture, better double check on that though.

2. Do you live in the desert? theres got to be a place around that sells yams/sweet potatos, any health food stores around?
    OK, my bro just called me from Sainsbury's and they have sweet potatoes. Just wondering, what is it about sweet potatoes that makes them better than other potatoes? i'm curious.

Also, how would I cook the sweet potatoes?

It's not that I hate oats, I just don't like eating them (I usually drink them blended with whey). I will just man up and eat the oatmeal though.. it'll probably taste nicer once I put the raisins and honey in there.
    Last edited by fitQuest; 11-03-2006 at 11:24 AM.

Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can cut them up into decent sized pieces that cook them in the microwave for 4-5 minutes (add a little water). Or cook them in the oven on 350 for an hour/ hour 20. or until they start juicing. (they taste better this way IMO)

Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting addict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just peel them, poke lots of holes in them, then throw in the microwave for 5 -7 mins. Take out, cut into segments then slice down the middle of them and spread Pb over them. Awsome.
    "To be the best you must do what others don't"

Lee Priest

www.teamscivation.com (member)

Originally Posted by Lifting addict
    I just peel them, poke lots of holes in them, then throw in the microwave for 5 -7 mins. Take out, cut into segments then slice down the middle of them and spread Pb over them. Awsome.
    What is it about sweet potatoes that makes them better than other potatoes? Nutritionally speaking..?

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What is it about sweet potatoes that makes them better than other potatoes? Nutritionally speaking..?
    They are lower GI. Im sure chuck has more reasons then this, chuck always has reasons for things he does.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Thanks guys.. well I'm not going to question Chuck since he DOES know his stuff.. I have bought a bag sweet potatoes..

I am planning to throw a sweet potatoe into my steamer for 20 mins, cut it up and just eat it with the skin on. can you tell me how best to cook them while preserving the nutritients?

teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Put it in the micorwave for 5 - 8mins and its done. Regarding Oats... eat it raw just like Museli.

Mix oats, raisins, Almonds and whey (Dymatize choc mint)

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by teewoods
    Mix oats, raisins, Almonds and whey (Dymatize choc mint)

^^ No whey in the carb-up meal on the Cut Diet.

teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit
    ^^ No whey in the carb-up meal on the Cut Diet.
    Not even with some casein to slow digestion?

Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not even Casein, the protein will illicit a higher insulin spike. On the Cut Diet you are managing insulin levels, so any sort of spike is detrimental
    The desire to attain "perfection" is a mental poison. Perfection is a fictitious concept, there is only improvement. Therein lies the challenge, therein lies the fun.

Obsession is the word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED

Commitment isn't the time you spend, It's the line you cross.

I live in the shadow, in the darkness, in a place few will ever see.....Where ugliness becomes beautiful.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The premise from the book is no carbs+protein in any meals.

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    NONE, Carbs+Fat only with trace amounts of protein.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Hey guys, it's 12:32am and I've just finished my carb up meal.

Boy, it was a mission... I had trouble finishing it all, but I managed.. God, I love the sweet potatoes.. they are..err SWEEEEEET!!!

Only thing I hate is Oatmeal YUCK.. I still eat it all though.. a whole bowl full. Is there any way to make it so that it doesnt get all hard and dense? I put so much water in the bowl twice and it still settled.. the only thing that saved me and allowed me to finish it was the raisins in the oatmeal.. made it edible lol.

Any tricks I can use for the oatmeal?

Splenda + oats is awesome, I love oatmeal. Best tasting food around and now Im craving it, cant wait until breakfast.

Add peanut butter to it or almonds

would you bash up the almonds into smaller peices first?

also, do you add the almonds and peanut butter in the start or at the end of microvaving the oatmeal?

would you bash up the almonds into smaller peices first?

also, do you add the almonds and peanut butter in the start or at the end of microvaving the oatmeal?
    Thats up to you, I just put whole almonds in. And I put them in after I cook the oats, but dont think it matters either way.