sethkins88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out too much??

Hey guys ive been working out for about 2yrs now and ive made some good improvements since i first started. Right now i am 18 5'10 and between 160-165. I just workout my upperbody and concentrate on my arms, back and chest. One day i will workout my arms and chest( biceps, triceps and pecs) then the next day i will work out my back ( lats, traps and back) then i just alternate those two for 5-6days out of the week. Is this routine pure **** or not? Ive made some good mass gains and i got a pretty good base on me now but it feels like ive hit a plato for the last 6months or so.. what supplements do you guys recommend? I eat ALOT and try to take in as many calories/protien as possible but its hard to gain weight for me and in turn make good mass gains.

thanks alot

-seth

Milk does a body good. Sir_Malak's Avatar
    Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dont take this like a - remark because its not its just constructive.

In my experience you have seen somewhat in the way of newbie gains where you can pretty much isolate sections and see improvements.

You said you hit a plateau? I am not surprised, you should include the lower body as well because your core from those exercises you mentioned is also being neglected and I am a firm believer in overall bodytraining for easier growth.

So I would do some research and create a total body workout weekly schedule to whatever fits your body (this is deteremined via trial and error.)

Dont give up though you will see more gains post adding in new exercises
    2014 Misc Raw Bench Press Contest winner in the 276lb+ 555lb lift @ ~280lbs
    2014 Obtained goal of 600+ raw bench press. Shoulder also hates me.
    2015 Lost 110 lbs and currently enjoy being healthy. Retired heavy bench press.
    2016 Stay healthy? Help others?
    2017 Staying Healthy
    2018 Might Return To The Game