X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do you put your oats in your shakes?

Ok everywhere I look on these forums I read about people having oats in their protein shakes. This sounds like a really awesome idea to me because I can't stand the taste of oats and I love the idea of making a sort of custom weight gainer shake with say whey, peanut butter, and oats.

However, I blended up some oats in a shake and then I tried drinking it, and it didn't go over too well. The oats just sit at the bottom of the shake like sand. I try to mix it as good as I can but I feel like i'm drinking maybe 1/4th of the oats I put in the shake and then the last 3/4ths I can't even drink because they are all sitting at the bottom in a clump and would choke me if I tried to drink them. I honestly gagged probably 4 times the last time I tried to drink one of those.

Anyway I would really love to be able to throw some oats in a shake so how is it that you guys manage to drink this stuff?
    BSc in Exercise Science
    CAN-FIT-PRO Certified Personal Trainer
    Amateur MMA Fighter

SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I mix them in with my blender or coffee grinder.

Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some people use coffee grinders to make the oats smaller than the blender can. Less should sink to the bottom that way.
    {**Dirty South Crew**}

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Edmond Burke

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal

HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I grind them in a coffee grinder which I recently purchased. Its awesome, just beware they are fine little dry oats that will tickle your throat on the way down. Dont try to pound it too fast, I ended up yak'in in the sink the other day doing that. I had to lol.
    AAS/TRT Forums @ www.muscle-labs.com

"Scottish by birth, American by law - a Highlander by the grace of God."

AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10) AdamBigWang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I put my oats in a shaker cup, then one scoop of protein shake on top, the stir with a knife till even. Add water/milk stur again. Perfect! Plus the longer u leave it the better it tastes!
    FULL

FAT

MILK

DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by X-Mark-X
    Ok everywhere I look on these forums I read about people having oats in their protein shakes. This sounds like a really awesome idea to me because I can't stand the taste of oats and I love the idea of making a sort of custom weight gainer shake with say whey, peanut butter, and oats.

However, I blended up some oats in a shake and then I tried drinking it, and it didn't go over too well. The oats just sit at the bottom of the shake like sand. I try to mix it as good as I can but I feel like i'm drinking maybe 1/4th of the oats I put in the shake and then the last 3/4ths I can't even drink because they are all sitting at the bottom in a clump and would choke me if I tried to drink them. I honestly gagged probably 4 times the last time I tried to drink one of those.

Anyway I would really love to be able to throw some oats in a shake so how is it that you guys manage to drink this stuff?

How long did you blend them for? I blend for about 30-40 seconds, then just drink it in one go, stop bein a puss and just down it, obviously if you sip on it for 10 mins its gunna settle, so A. blend longer, B. drink faster.
    Sudbury Ontario championships july june 11 2011 - 5th light heavy weight class
    London Ontario championships nov 26 2011 - 2nd heavy weight class

Next shows - Missisauga championship May 19th and Ontario championship June 2nd

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i used a cofee grinder to make steel cut oats into a powder, the oats sat at the bottom.
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails

Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PainIsResults
    i used a cofee grinder to make steel cut oats into a powder, the oats sat at the bottom.
    i just mix them in with all the other ingredients (whey, milk, yogurt, banana, strawberries, blueberries, flax, and PB) and blend away. i go for about 10 seconds and it's all done. maybe you need a better blender? mine does it all in 10 secs, so fine you can't even tell oats are in it.

titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titsMcGee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i go...

1 cup oats
    1 cup milk
    protein powder
    sometimes strawberries or PB

blend up in the blender and drink. Oats still sink to the bottom somewhat, but its still easy to drink/eat.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=8838050&postcount=49

RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I mix my in a shaker bottle after my workout. All I do is shake for like 30 secs and then tilt that sucker all the way back. I let the oats settle at the opening before I let try to to take a drink. Then I just chew those suckers up and eat em like normal. I drink whatevers left after I'm done eating all the oats outta of the shake.

Bottom line: Don't drink food, eat it. Seems like common sense but I guess people either don't get it or really hate oats.

Watch out for that dust Blane/Cope's Avatar
    Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i could depend on the oats if they are old fashioned or quick oats. i personally use old fashioned oats milk and powder. i usually let it blend for 30seconds to a minute.

John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just use a blender and throw 1 cup in with strawberries, banna, whey, whites

graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i use sort of a cofee grinder to make the oats smaller and then add the protein whey and oats to the shaker then pre/post workout you just pour the milk into the shaker... It actually tastes really nice... The bad side about this is that sometimes the oats might stick to the bottom of the shaker cup (at least with me they do) so now i prefer to eat it in a bowl... you just add the oats you want, protein and milk and it tastes great

Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My pre-workout meal is:

1 cup oats (uncooked in a bowl)
    1 cup milk or whey protein mixed in water and poured into oats
    1 scoop myofusion mixed into it
    1 tbsp peanut butter

stir it up and eat! way better than blending it imo
    Firefighter/EMT/Personal Trainer

Instagram: Msaki_ftns
    PSN: Thexleadxfarmer

Rep back 4k+

dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dillon.nelson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I add egg whites and cottage cheese to make it thicker so they don't sink down to the bottom

survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10) survivorman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My oats are already ground (oatmeal?) I use about 100g.

50g of oats in bottom of shaker
    1 scoop of Protein powder
    another 50g of oats
    then another scoops of protein powder

Then after training just add water/milk, shake for 20 seconds then drink.

PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PittSOB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with everyone in the thread but I have a tip I use to make my shakes better. I start out with about 1/4 cup of fat free plain yogurt in the bottom then mix in the ground up oatmeal then add the milk/protein/water. Makes it mix well and gives it a creamier taste. Plus you get the benefit of the bacteria in the yogurt.