newguy72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are arnold presses bad for your shoulders?

Hey guys,
    The title pretty much says it all, do you guys think arnold presses are more dangerous in terms of injury than standard presses? I really like arnold presses and have added them recently, but have had shoulder problems in the past (still cant do dips) and dont want to be doing an excercise that could be leading to injury, thanks for your input.

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont like Arnolds, because I feel they are too high-risk. However, many people swear by them. If you have shoulder problems, id stay away from Arnolds.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

speef_99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Are arnold presses bad for your shoulders?

Originally posted by newguy72
    Hey guys,
    The title pretty much says it all, do you guys think arnold presses are more dangerous in terms of injury than standard presses? I really like arnold presses and have added them recently, but have had shoulder problems in the past (still cant do dips) and dont want to be doing an excercise that could be leading to injury, thanks for your input.

ya i got an injury from a tear in my shoulder doing bench, but i swear i use the arnold press all the time and it seems to work out the shoulder the best for me w/no pain.

depends on how low you go down on the other presses, i cant go down too far or i feel the strain and a great popping sound

newguy72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I've had some relatively minor problems with my rotator cuff, and irritation in my bicipial (sp?) tendon, right at the tip of my shoulder. Benching with a BB, going all the way down to my chest and dips tend to aggravate it. Arnold presses dont hurt at all to do, I just do not want to do cumulative damage to my shoulder.

CosmosM3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Listen to your body. If you aren't feeling any pain, stiffness, etc... then your probably OK.
    BB bench presses have started giving me rotator cuff problems as well, but Arnold presses feel great. In fact, they're the only pressing movements that DON'T hurt. Go figure...