axelrod719 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Greetings, newbie here

Greetings everyone. I'm a recent addition to the site and thus far have found alot of this information interesting. I found this site as a link in a yahoo health group. I hope to contribute as well as use this wealth of info for my benefit and hopefully to accomplish my goal of a leaner, thinner, and more confident me. In the past, I've done Atkins program (88lbs lost in 5 months). The results were phenomenal, diet truly works, but unfortunately, it wasn't a realistic approach for a lifetime, short term yes. Now im back up to 286lbs (268lbs when i first started atkins) on a 5ft 8in frame, now its time to start overrr again.

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome to the boards! Good luck on starting over again... you can do it .

How many calories do I need? Click here to find out, courtesy of forum member Short One
    For cutting, I suggest -200 cals. For bulking, I suggest +200 cals.
    At least 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight.
    At least 20% of your calories should come from healthy fats.
    Carbs are up to you, I recommend keeping starchy carbs @ breakfast, PreWorkout, and Post-Post Workout.
    I recommend P+C+F in every meal except preWO (P+C), immediate post workout (P+C), and bedtime (P+F).
    Drink at least 1 gallon of pure water a day.
    Last edited by \S/; 11-05-2006 at 06:12 AM.

BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by axelrod719
    Greetings everyone. I'm a recent addition to the site and thus far have found alot of this information interesting. I found this site as a link in a yahoo health group. I hope to contribute as well as use this wealth of info for my benefit and hopefully to accomplish my goal of a leaner, thinner, and more confident me. In the past, I've done Atkins program (88lbs lost in 5 months). The results were phenomenal, diet truly works, but unfortunately, it wasn't a realistic approach for a lifetime, short term yes. Now im back up to 286lbs (268lbs when i first started atkins) on a 5ft 8in frame, now its time to start overrr again.
    The atkins(low/0 carb diet) is a yo yo diet. It can be great for losing weight fast, but when you drop it and jack your carbs up your body will go into mass carb transformation into fat/storage mode. Whats happening is all the carbs your body didnt have before is now getting converted and stored back as adipose tissue on your body.

People who come off the Atkins style diet need to raise their carb intake very slowly(and do it will quality food carbs), and they need to keep a good excercise regiman while they do it, otherwise as you found out, the weight will pile back on real fast.

Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crisp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by boyscouT
    Welcome to the boards! Good luck on starting over again... you can do it .

How many calories do I need? Click here to find out, courtesy of forum member Short One
    For cutting, I suggest -200 cals. For bulking, I suggest +200 cals.
    At least 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight.
    At least 20% of your calories should come from healthy fats.
    Carbs are up to you, I recommend keeping starchy carbs @ breakfast, PreWO, and PPWO.
    I recommend P+C+F in every meal except preWO (P+C), immediate PW (P+C), and bedtime (P+F).
    Drink at least 1 gallon of pure water a day.
    I reccomend less acronyms so newbies know what your talking about. I get the p+c+f protein carbs fat but PPWO?

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Crisp
    I reccomend less acronyms so newbies know what your talking about. I get the p+c+f protein carbs fat but PPWO?
    Post-Post Workout meal. Good suggestion btw, thank you.