Thread: is it safe?

ÑaÑi305 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation is it safe?

i am 16 yrs old i weigh about 200 lbs at 25-28% bf i want to get down to about 9% - 10 % hopefully and i have heard really good things bout keto but i would like to know if it is safe for my age and if it will be better than a regular reduced calorie and moderatley low carbs diet. Pleas some suggestions !!!

Misc Veteran Since '06 Le Derek's Avatar
    Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i was in the same boat as you before...yes its safe but all you have to do is read all the stickies, clear up anything you didnt understand here, and be dedicated enough not to cheat because pretty much the longer youre in ketosos the more weight you will lose
    I actually live in South Florida

*Keto Guy*

lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you should try losing a bit of weight just eating a slightly lower calorie normal diet, see if you can stick to that, then try keto if you think it is the right thing for you.

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I feel better on keto than I did before. My skin is better, better regularity.. don't feel cold and anemic all the time. I don't get odd pains in my bile duct anymore (gall bladder removal) and I'm losing BF. I wonder about cholesterol though and what will happen if I ever start on a more normal diet again such as 50/30/20

I think though that the reason it works so well for me is because its such a simple diet... planning meals is really easy and it's easy to stick to a routine I find. I'm not sure I could be so regimented with the diet if my food choices were limitless like on a more conventional diet

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ÑaÑi305
    i am 16 yrs old i weigh about 200 lbs at 25-28% bf
    You probably got that way because of insulin resistance. Do you always think about your next meal? Do you "love" pizza, burgers and fries,garlic bread and captain crunch. If most answers are yes then you are insulin resistant. Moderation will work for you as well as "a few drinks to take the edge off" will work for an alcoholic- it won't. Keto is safe- read the stickies and get Dr. Atkins book at a library and read that. good luck.

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You say that as a mental thing right johnny? Someone who enjoys eating many carbs will always and forever lack the discipline to eat them in moderation? (Not saying that everyone is capable of this but I've found that self discipline and moderation has really helped me. Quiting smoking, going from drinking alcohol to essentially killing myself to having two drinks a night, switching to a proper diet. lifting weights when previously I sat on my ass doing computer work) I think discipline and moderation is much funner and rewarding than going through extremes (perhaps even more realistic and less mentally stressful over the long run as well) though I will agree keto has been great for me since it's easier to plan than say a 50/30/20 diet since the options are more limited and more easily regimented. I have no regrets of doing keto the last 3 months though. My body has gone through a tremendous change.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by klootzak
    You say that as a mental thing right johnny? Someone who enjoys eating many carbs will always and forever lack the discipline to eat them in moderation?
    It's physical- carb addiction is an addiction.

ÑaÑi305 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation thanx

thanx alot guys you all have been really great help and now i made up my mind.