laulau418 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Accurate Body Fat Percentage..

Hey everyone -
    Does anyone know an accurate way to take your own body fat with a digital caliper? I just bought the accu-measure fat caliper and I am supposed to take it from 3 different areas -(Tricep, stomach and thigh)
    I can't seem to get the tricep by myself -
    Anyone have any suggestions???
    THANKS!!
    "If you really want something, work hard, take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way."
    - Jane Goodall

I sought advice and cooperation from all those around me - but not permission.
    - Muhammad Ali

Dwell in possibility.
    - Emily Dickinson

speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lauri,

Men take their 3 point measurements from chest, abdomen and thigh. I can see how it would be tricky to do the tricep by yourself....

Perhaps some of the ladies have ideas.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know if that's possible. You need to find a friend that can help you with that. Try to find someone who's not overzealous -- I let my husband use the manual calipers last time & he left a huge bruise on my tricep! LOL Anyway, I've ordered the digital accumeasure & it should be here soon -- maybe he won't injure me next time.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Ironically enough - that is one of the reasons why I am asking how to do it myself. I asked my boyfriend to do my tricep for me, and I was left with a big black and blue also! LOL!
    I guess that is a common thing!
    Thanks!
    "If you really want something, work hard, take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way."
    - Jane Goodall

- Muhammad Ali

Dwell in possibility.
    - Emily Dickinson

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL -- Men! I've had mine around for almost 27 years now -- I guess I'll keep him. They probably do that stuff on purpose to get even for the PMS moments.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

27 years?!
    WOW - that's amazing! God bless -
    you must have a LOT of patience! LOL!!!!
    - Jane Goodall

- Muhammad Ali

Dwell in possibility.
    - Emily Dickinson

He really is so sweet -- except for the pinching thing! He's the one with the patience!

That is so nice to hear. It is very disheartening now-a-days -
    Half of my friends that got married, got divorced by the third year -
    It is just crazy
    - Jane Goodall

- Muhammad Ali

Dwell in possibility.
    - Emily Dickinson

My son, who is in 7th grade, was telling me the other day how all his friends say they hate their parents and that most of their parents are divorced anyway. It is kind of sad. He told me that he told his friends he really likes his parents -- that's good news! I feel like I love my sweetie more each day.

By the way, I was told the accumeasure digital calipers are pretty accurate -- I hope I like mine when they get here.

That is amazing! Sounds like you are very lucky.

As far as the accumeasure goes - I am not sure how I feel about them. My readings have been around the same numbers, but I think the reading is lower than what I actually am.
    Maybe I am just not doing it right - I am not sure.
    Have you used any to test yourself in the other areas - (not tricep) but abdomen and thigh?
    - Jane Goodall

- Muhammad Ali

Dwell in possibility.
    - Emily Dickinson

I have used the accumeasure manual caliper but it only says to test one site (above the hip bone) & I prefer at least 3. I had it done at the gym with a manual caliper & 3 sites were tested -- it was pretty close to the one I had at home. My gym has just bought a scale to test bodyfat & I'm not a big fan of those. Anyway, I haven't stepped on it -- they only let you do it the first & 15th of each month (who knows why).

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have the digital at home & even if it's slightly inaccurate maybe I can tell somewhat whether my bodyfat is going down or not. I have been doing an eating plan to bring it down. It was 21.8% a couple of months ago (which is fairly high for me). I was used to about 16% (about a year or so ago), so that's what I'm aiming for.