Thread: coconut milk

bellmont has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

coconut milk

anyone ever try it? I hear it is good for bulking. how would you benifit from using it?

janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    From what I see coconut milk is predominantly fat, there are it is about a 1:1:9 protein to carb to fat ratio, which will definately add fat to your diet, but I would suggest adding carbs and protein to bulk before adding fat.
    AOK

Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am pretty sure that the majority of the fat is Saturated fat.
    What do you smoke this **** for?...To escape reality?...Me I don't need this ****. I am reality. -Sgt. Barnes, Platoon

What is truth? -Pontius Pilate

Not "mankind" but overman is the goal! -Nietzsche

institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: coconut milk

Originally posted by bellmont
    anyone ever try it? I hear it is good for bulking. how would you benifit from using it?
    actually its very fatty, and bad fats. coconuts are one of the few from the nut family that is bad for you. i love thailand food, but they use alot of coconut milk in their dishes , so i have to be careful.
    ~shhhhh just watch~

sab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That said Coconut oil is one of the best fats to fry in.

Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That logic is kind of ackward but I get the point.
    What do you smoke this **** for?...To escape reality?...Me I don't need this ****. I am reality. -Sgt. Barnes, Platoon

What is truth? -Pontius Pilate

Not "mankind" but overman is the goal! -Nietzsche

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

newb here

coconut and it's milk contains a lot of mct. over 50% of lauric acid. coconut oil is the most concentrated natural form of mcfa.

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how can plant sat. fats be compared to sat fats from animals?

i am considering using this too on a bulking program , any opinions welcome? about 2 tbsp equals 90-100 cals. so an entire can contains a lot. at .60-90 US a can it is really cheap. i was considering taking some with my oamteal in the am, latenight mrp. maybe about 500 cals from it. i need to look at the sat. fat breakdown per 2tbsp serving but like my earlier post how can animal sat fat compare to plant sat fat. also the numerous mct.

Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    institutional...all studies I have seen point to the numerous health benefits of coconut milk/oil. A lot of this relates to the high lauric acid content (~50%), something very beneficial. I believe in it enough to make it a part of my daily diet cutting or bulking.

peregrine...Coconut has mainly short/medium chain triglycerides and is shuttled through the portal vein directly to the liver to provide quick energy if my memory holds. I wouldn't compare it to animal saturated fats at all. Completely different.

I think coconut oil has some unappreciated benefits to bodybuilders. For one, there seems to be some evidence that it improves skin health and helps combat aging. It certainly doesn't negatively effect cholesterol levels and may very well reduce risk of coronary artery disease etc. The list of benefits goes on...

Due to how it is metabolised, you have to be careful about when/where to include it in your diet. My best hunch says to treat it kind of like a carbohydrate and consume it at times when you are fairly active. If I were using a lot of it bulking (which I will be), I would probably try it either pre or post workout combined with a good source of complete protein and not much else. Or maybe use it as a regular meal with protein + coconut milk + fibrous veggies/inactive carbs. I think if you combined it with a moderate or high GI carb, you would be asking for serious trouble due to competing processes. I don't know how it would react combined with other fats in the same meal. Probably depends on the type of fat/amount of fat.

sab...right on, sat fat is one of the best to fry in...very heat stable.
    Our kind has never been seen before.
    And when the last of us are gone,
    We will never be seen again.
    Because there is a secret behind our creation,
    And secrets like this only come around once.

fair warning, i think i took in too much coconut milk. LOL i had explosive results.

onawave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    quote often now for breakfast i will have:

organic coconut milk
    an organic egg
    some quality protein power
    frozen blue berries
    chia seeds
    and some form of fibre

I got the idea from this site: articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/12/What-I-Eat-For-Breakfast.aspx

do you think i should not be using coconut milk in my brekkie smoothie? and go back to regular organic milk?

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by onawave View Post
    quote often now for breakfast i will have:

organic coconut milk
    an organic egg
    some quality protein power
    frozen blue berries
    chia seeds
    and some form of fibre

I got the idea from this site: articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/12/What-I-Eat-For-Breakfast.aspx

do you think i should not be using coconut milk in my brekkie smoothie? and go back to regular organic milk?
    mmm sounds tasty honestly IMO I see no problem what so ever with coconut milk, except for the fact that it is quite calorie dense so you have to be sparing, but if it fits into your macros then go for it, it could also be easily added into any bulking diet for some extra cals if needed!

TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    phuck I hate it when the phrase "good for bulking" is used. WTF do you mean by that? It has calories? What... like every food? It has a good amount of carbs/protein/fat? what... like the hundreds of other foods that do too OR could be eaten in quantities that give the same macro's?
    Proud Latin Rite Catholic Disciple of Jesus Christ

"Lust indulged became habit, and habit unresisted became necessity."
    - St. Augustine

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TomEst View Post
    phuck I hate it when the phrase "good for bulking" is used. WTF do you mean by that? It has calories? What... like every food? It has a good amount of carbs/protein/fat? what... like the hundreds of other foods that do too OR could be eaten in quantities that give the same macro's?
    well I assume he means because some of those who are bulking might find it rather difficult to eat enough calories to cause a caloric surplus therefore supplementing with something quite calorically dense like coconut milk which is not only cheap but does not fill you up is essentially going to be ideal for them. Of course you've gotta be sure to fit it into whatever your macro nutrient requirements are

Me on the other hand, well when I do eventually start 'bulking' I don't think I'll have ANY problem getting enough calories, I have a huge appetite which I'd much rather use up on whole foods than oils and/or shots of coconut milk

onawave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey gents,

thanks for the reply....

yeah, im still not %100 on the whole coconut milk thing. i dont really want to bulk up, as the sports i train for (basically surfing) its better being lean than big....

from the reading ive done though, the nutrients in coconut milk are supposed to be excellent....

so taking that into account, i guess im better off to going back to organic milk if im looking to stay lean?

in saying that as well, ive always been a mixed type, and my nutritionist said that full cream organic milk was fine for me to have in comparison to light or skim milk....

cheers,

oaw