Registered User trustcompany107's Avatar
    trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need advice on mass building program

First, a little background before I list the workout program.

Hey, my name is David, I'm 19 and a college student. I currently train 5 days a week, am 5'11 195. My gains have started to slow down a little bit and I'm interested in branching out alittle bit into a different category of lifting. I want to low rep, mass building myro fib workouts. I'm looking to put on alot of mass and gain some serious weight. My next stack that I will start along with this mass program will be the following:

xtend (aminos)
    truemass (added calories)
    dymatize whey (protein)
    CL glycergrow (cell volumizer)
    CL greenmag (creatine)
    NOW Adam (multi)
    Sesamin or Fish oil (haven't decided)

One more note: All advice should be directed solely to the excerise/program itself. Hypothetically, my diet will be heavy in calorie with tons of water.

Now for the critque/advice section. This will be my base workout program for at least 6 months. I want to stay dedicated to a program and work religiously at it.

The first number after the workout name is the amount of sets. The 4-6 represents reps. It looked alot more organized when i was putting it together but for some reason it got messed up.

All excercises will consist of 3 sets and 4-6 reps per set.

Monday - Back + Traps
    1. Back excercises

a. T-Bar Rows
    b. Reverse Lat Pulldowns
    c. V-Grip Pulldowns
    d. Deadlifts

2. Trap excericses

a. Dumbbell shrugs

Tuesday - Chest + Abs
    1. Chest excercises

a. Flatbench press
    b. Incline dumbbell press
    c. Dumbbell butterflies
    d. Weighted dips

2. Abs excericses

a. Incline crunces

Wednesday - Bicep+ Tricep
    1. Bicep excercises

a. Dumbbell curls
    b. Dumbell hammer curls
    c. Cable curls

2. Tricep excericses

a. Weighted dips
    b. Pushdowns extensions
    c. Reverse extensions

Thursday - Legs + Calves
    1. Leg excercises

a. Squats
    b. Stiff dead lift
    c. Leg curls
    d. Quad extensions

2. Calves excericses

a. Raises

Friday - Shoulders + Forearms
    1. Shoulders excercises

a. Military press
    b. Behind neck press
    c. Flies

2. Calves excericses

a. Raises

Well that about sums it up. How does it look? Any excercises I may want to consider? It's built to gain mass and I'm really excited about starting it soon.
    Last edited by trustcompany107; 10-31-2006 at 08:32 PM.

Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How does it look? Well, if I was kind, then I'd just say that if your gains have slowed down then they'll be even slower on that routine. Let's just pick one obvious flaw: it's supposed to be a mass building routine, yet you're doing 9 sets for biceps and just 3 set of squats for legs (I don't consider leg extensions a worthwhile exercise in any routine except for specific rehab scenarios)? That's not a mass routine, that's a routine someone would write after reading Arnie's BB Encyclopedia.

I'll see if I can save one more soul before you get set in the ways of those types of routines. You need to start looking at routines that are built around periodised dual factor principles. Don't know what they are? Google it, you'll find heaps of info. I've been running these types of routines exclusively for nearly two years since I wised up about it and tossed the old routines in the bin, and I've had more, faster and better gains since then than I ever have in my training history, even approaching newbie gains.

I run either an HST or a 5x5 program, depending on what I'm in the mood for at the time.
    HST: http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html
    5x5: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/index.htm

Explore those sites, absorb all the info, follow the links, be a sponge and learn. Find out why all the elite coaches in virtually all sports utilise this type of training. Bobybuilding is about the only activity left that still clings to the old ways. The old classic styles of routines still work, but there's stuff out there that works better. Check out a few powerlifting sites - there are some awfully big and strong boys on them and they didn't get that way by doing endless bicep curls.
    You're my wife now

Registered User trustcompany107's Avatar
    trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trustcompany107 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Thudd
    How does it look? Well, if I was kind, then I'd just say that if your gains have slowed down then they'll be even slower on that routine. Let's just pick one obvious flaw: it's supposed to be a mass building routine, yet you're doing 9 sets for biceps and just 3 set of squats for legs (I don't consider leg extensions a worthwhile exercise in any routine except for specific rehab scenarios)? That's not a mass routine, that's a routine someone would write after reading Arnie's BB Encyclopedia.

I'll see if I can save one more soul before you get set in the ways of those types of routines. You need to start looking at routines that are built around periodised dual factor principles. Don't know what they are? Google it, you'll find heaps of info. I've been running these types of routines exclusively for nearly two years since I wised up about it and tossed the old routines in the bin, and I've had more, faster and better gains since then than I ever have in my training history, even approaching newbie gains.

I run either an HST or a 5x5 program, depending on what I'm in the mood for at the time.
    HST: http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html
    5x5: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/index.htm

Explore those sites, absorb all the info, follow the links, be a sponge and learn. Find out why all the elite coaches in virtually all sports utilise this type of training. Bobybuilding is about the only activity left that still clings to the old ways. The old classic styles of routines still work, but there's stuff out there that works better. Check out a few powerlifting sites - there are some awfully big and strong boys on them and they didn't get that way by doing endless bicep curls.
    well thats what this site and forums are for right. thanks, ill make sure i get on the right track then. i just thought lowering reps was a good way to build mass. i wasnt quite sure about how sets effected the outcome.

Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rereading what I wrote it sounds a bit harsh which it wasn't meant to be. I just wanted to point you towards a different training paradigm that you might not know about but which I - and trainers & coaches the world over - believe is superior to the old split programs.
    You're my wife now