Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    zoomzoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Do You Need A Obese Support Group!

Some of us are currently obese or have been obese,and may at one time needed some support to help make it to THE GOAL...
    So as an result this thread was born!! What do you need for motivation when your at that breaking point or at the start of the goal....Maybe it's Others who've been their,info,mentor,new ideas for programs,before and after pics....these are just some of the things that can help motivate one to the once and for all GOAL OF WEIGHT!!!..So what do you need from this group inorder to make it!!?....

SO LETS DO THIS !!

I can start by saying you dont have to be obese or fat anymore...
    Just start out lil by little if you not sure about a program.....Ask me a question I'm still fat but I'm trying and losing,so if i dont know the answer (prob wont) I'll do my best to search it or ask someone else...This is what i can offer to this SUPPORT GROUP!!..
    And soon to come some before and after pics!!!!
    Last edited by pogue; 06-27-2006 at 10:14 AM.

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well...lets see...I'll start by saying that in March of 2001, I weighed over 350. I'm 6'2". I say over 350 and not some specific number, because quite honestly I have no idea. My scale went to 350 and that's where it stopped.

At that point I had moved into a new apartment which was on the 3rd floor of a building. This was a big factor in starting me getting some actual exercise.

At this point I altered my diet immediately. I went to a ratio of 30:60:10 for carbsroteins:fats. Mostly unsaturated fats. With a mile walk every day. (The building I worked in was a half mile "lap" around, I would do a lap before work and one at lunch)

I am a shopping nazi at this point. Nothing goes into my shopping cart without being properly analyzed for protein, carb and fat content.

Friday morning, I just weighed in at 278.5 lbs. I went from a 54" waist 2 years ago to a 44" waist now. I still have a long way to go, but I'm at a point where it's just a matter of doing it.

Starting December 20, 2002 I began working out at the gym in my work building 4-5 times a week, a good deal of cardio, obviously, but also doing a good deal of weight training. I won't go into the gory details of my regimine, mainly because it's still work in progress.

Although I'm still really big, my self confidence and self image has grown massively.

My goal is 220 before June 21. The way things are going now, I suspect I can attain that.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread could help ALOT of people. Could one of the mods make it a sticky?
    Signature donated to the memory of Raprazant.

Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    All my life I have been obese. Couple years ago my father had a heart attack. Stubborn as hell he was, woke up with chest pains and went to work, then at lunch he went and ate a hamburger and fries because he figured it was his last. Then late afternoon decided to go to the hospital, had surgery and hes doin ok now.

That was a wakeup call for me, I quite smoking and eating bad. A week later I was back to my old ways. Last summer I weighted in around 340 - 350. Im 5'8. I ate 4 times a day, all junk food! Had the worst ****s and I smoke and drank. I was going down hill fast, I got put on a Cpap machine. I was ****ed.

Then late december I looked into the mirror and just see the fat and man boobs hanging off and I was in disgust. I gave up fast food late December 02. old myself no more. I only eat out 1 meal a week and thats a hamburger and fries to keep sane. My scale is broken, wonder why But I know I am right under 300 now. As of noon Central time time it would be 3 weeks without a cigeratte. Its been hard quiting eating and smoking but its what I want to do.

I decided to go back to college since Im only 21 and got accepted into Police Science this fall, Im going to be a State Trooper. I still got a long way to go and it is going to be hard. Dreaming of food and damn near crying yourself to sleep because of not eating something greasy and tastey. But Ive been doing real good so far, I dont sleep with the Cpap machine now, I quite snoring!!!

I usually eat 2 pieces of healthy choice toast with 2 eggs, a turkey sandwhich and baked chips for lunch and chicken for dinner. Eating vegies and fruit is really a change now! I joined a gym and can walk 3 miles now! And I have been playing Racquet ball! I don't lift that much, For some reaosn the only thing I got going for me is super strong legs and descent size muscle all around.

It really is something new, you have to take everyday as its dished out to you. Being able to walk up 10 steps without gasping for air is sure different. I owe a lot to Blindfaith, he took sometime and wrote me some stuff. But freom what I have learned, if you stop stop eating out all the time and walking a few days a week when your rather obese the pounds start to come off quickly, then it comes to the hard stuff. But all in all its a good thing, sorry to keep rambling I just really hope other skinny impaired people will change their lives!

-B
    Start weight 337 pounds
    Current weight 262 pounds
    Goal Weight 185 pounds
    Down 75 pounds, 77 more to go!!!

"Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he will have to touch to be sure."

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good stuff man. I've found there's a lot of food out there that tastes a good deal like the "bad fatty" food but is so much better for you. A lean steak for example is a great source of protein without being totally loaded with fat and it has no carbs at all. Spice it up with garlic and pepper. Non-Fat cottage cheese is wonderful for breakfast. Twice as many proteins as carbs and no fat. Couple that with some fresh fruit and you're golden.

Egg whites, tofu cheese - "Veggie Slices - Pepper Jack" (fat free cheese is ok, but the tofu cheese tastes a lot better and has extra protein) and turkey make an awesome omlette that's low in fat and carbs and teaming with proteins. You can use a little ketchup or hot sauce to flavor it up a bit. You can usually find "All Whites" in the Dairy Section with the eggs. You can find the "Veggie Slices" in the produce section along with a lot of other Soy products. And I just use Deli Turkey for extra protein.

Speaking of Soy...soy hot dogs are excellent with a half slice of fat free or tofu cheese melted on them in a skillet using a little olive oil...just a little...I recommend the Pam Olive Oil Spray. Serve it on a slive of Whole Wheat bread or if you can find them, whole wheat hot dog rolls. Always remember, mustard is a free condiment. All it has is sodium.

Any dark leafy green things are your friend. Baby Spinach, Cucumbers, Tuna and a little shreaded fat free (or tofu again) cheese with a low calorie low fat dressing make an awesome lunch.

I think I mentioned it before, but I try to maintain a balance of 30% carbs, 60% protein and 10% "good fats". (Stay away from saturated fats if you can) This balance has allowed me to slowly lose a great deal of fat and not lose any muscle mass that I can tell. Although I do work out with weights as well as cardio.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by rottie
    This thread could help ALOT of people. Could one of the mods make it a sticky?
    Done

I hope I didn't break protocol...Mods...If I stepped over anyone's toes...please feel free to pm me...but I feel this would be a great sticky as well.

Cool

You Rock Roxie. Thanks.
    Ron J
    ----------

rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know there are people lurking in these groups, that are afraid to post for fear of being ridiculed, and I think this is a good place for them to finaly step out of the shadows, and either ask for help/support , or share thier story with others. Information makes everyone stronger.

Nobody will be judged here.

Totally. No one started out in body building with the body that they always wanted. It took everyone hard work and dedication. The same kind of hard work and dedication is needed when you're trying to go from Obesity to a more healthy size and shape.

Just remember, even if you are very overweight, there's nothing wrong with weight lifting for muscle gain. The more muscle you have in you the more your body burns "at rest". So it's ok to both gain and lose at the same time, just don't be fooled by the scale. Sometimes it will look like you didn't lose much, but in reality you lost a good deal of fat and gained muscle.

So please post here even if you've been somewhat daunted by other discussions. Also, any people who've gone from being very overweight to being trim and built, it would be great to hear what you have to say and "how you did it".
    Ron J
    ----------

boanerges has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Obese Support Group

Hey ZoomZoom, good idea! I am rather beefy myself (6'1", 295 lbs (at last count) and about %40 bodyfat). I am seriously considering going on a cyclical ketogenic diet like Fitnessman and Dorian advocate. Bill Phillips mentioned in his book "Body for Life" about suffering from "paralysis from analysis" and I think that describes me. I have looked at about every diet out there and both the website by Mauro de Pasquale and some information in the new issue of Muscle and Fitness by Jeff Volek state that this type of diet (CKD) could be the "Holy Grail" of diets. Good Luck all, and I hope to contact you again soon.
    John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Thumbs up

ronj73- -----Wow thats over 70lbs!!! keep up the good work,220lb you'll be their in no time!! It semms to me that alot of people who make progress in lossing weight do some type of Cardio 2x a day.....

Can't you just feel the new life commin....!!!!!!

Rottie----I can't thank you enough...Its helping me and others already....THANX THANX THANX..........

DR. Bill-------I Know what you mean-my dad has had at least 2heart attacks with by pass surgery,balloon and all.....with a side order of stroke,and leg amputation.......So i know that i could be next,,And i could see myself making the same path for myself,its hard on the family when you have love ones go thru that but we can learn from thier mistakes and start to break the cycle....So i gotta be a good example for my mother n sister, and family.....

i also noticed that when i started losing weight my breathing(snoring) got better,Its crazy cuse some people would say that i stopped breathing....and they would get scared and try to wake me,,,i dont remember it though...So I know this has got to change as well....good job on losing the CPAP machine....
    Good progress on the weight3580-300lb lookong good and breathing good huh.....you are making your life better....

Boanerger-------hey there's a sticky on CKD"S...at the top of the page...You can do it, just start with the first step of the program to see if its for you.........

PS. IAM HAPPY THAT THIS POST HAS BECOME A STICKY,,,AND IMMA TRY TO DO MY BEST TO GET SOME GUIDENCE FROM OTHERS WHO'VE BEEN THERE AND MADE IT....ALSO LOOKING FOR A SPOT TO LINK TO SOME BEFORE AND AFTERS SHOTS OR PICS OF GROUP JUST WORKING OUT TO SHOW THAT REAL PEOPLE ARE REACHING GOALS......

"IM JUST A CLICK AWAY"

Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here is a before of me, I will try to get a new one soon.

-B
    Attached Images
    Start weight 337 pounds
    Goal Weight 185 pounds

"Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he will have to touch to be sure."

zoomzoom: Thanks for the words of encouragement. I had a goal of "under 280" before 2/15/03 and I hit it 2 weeks ahead of time. The new one is 265 before the end of Feb. So we'll see. That might be pushing it a bit, but I'll go for it.
    Ron J
    ----------

jaystrike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In July of 2001 I was 5'6", 265 lbs with a 44-ish inch waist. I had been fat all my life but for the two years prior to that point I had ballooned up to 265 from a moderately overweight (and very active - basketball, hockey, soccer, football) 180 lbs. I had been depressed for a long time and on medication which didn't help, but most of all I stopped being active and let eating take up more of my time. I was 17 at the time! My life was practically over.

I woke up the last day of July and realized this. I was unhappy, I hated going out in public, I felt bad every time I ate because I was so full. I didn't know how to eat or what to eat or portion control or how to manage a fitness program... so I tried to forget everything I knew about food and start again. I did things all wrong for a long while, practically a starvation diet even though I was never hungry; extremely low-fat consisting of Slim-Fast shakes, turkey sandwiches and chicken breasts. By Christmas I was down to 195 lbs; in March I was 165, and in the summer I dropped to an all-time low of 140 lbs (far on the 'other side' of the spectrum).

I had only begun to do things right - diet and training wise - in April or May of 2002. I started eating a lot more, from an average of 1000 calories to 1800-ish (a big step up at the time). I gained a fair bit of strength and leaned out a lot, and was running 2 miles 3 times a week. In the summer I ran into a lot of family problems and whatnot, and dropped about 15 lbs in 2 weeks due to stress. This was probably the biggest obstacle in my training, since that muscle was all I had to show for the effort I had put in. I had made up for my starvation dieting and then lost it all.

August, September and October I spent eating and eating and a little bit of training. This was another 'bad' time and I gained 30 lbs; maybe half and half mass/fat. I was eating a lot of junk food and had reverted to my old way of eating until stuffed, eating everything in sight. I was really unhappy again and stepped up my training and eating once and for all in November and December. This time I ate at maintenance calories and weight trained and did cardio, and by early this month (January) was back down to my goal weight of 155 lbs. I realized starvation dieting had been the root of all my problems and swore to myself I'd never do that again. I had lost a total of 125 lbs in one year, gained 30, and lost 15. I had never weight trained while obese so I did not lose a lot of muscle but I could have gained a lot of mass in that time if I had dont things right.

I was at around 14% bodyfat and 154 lbs a week ago and pleased with my physique more than ever. I actually had mass and was pretty lean. But I realized it wasn't enough, and I have since started a moderate bulking program. I hope to gain 5 lbs of muscle in the next 3 months while staying pretty lean and continuing a laid-back cardio program.

I used to get out of breath from climbing a single flight of stairs, and now I can run for 3 miles and still keep my heart rate under what my old resting heart rate used to be. I no longer have my heart arrythmia/murmur problems, asthma, allergies, or sleep apnea. This was the best thing I've ever done in my life, but I want all of you who are doing the same to take your time. Don't make the same mistakes I did! Take your time and do things right, or you will have trouble no matter how dedicated you are.

I hope this wasn't too long or badly written. I wish all of you guys luck!

Thanks for the insight, jaystrike. I think my problem right now is that I'm not eating enough. Over the last year, my appetite has diminished so much that it's really a chore to eat the right amount. I'm starting to get on a program of actually paying attention to the exact amount of calories I eat in a day. My current weight as of Friday morning was 278.5, and I'm sure I'm no where NEAR the right amount of calories I should be having. I've been told I should have my body weight in Protein. So 278 grams. I'm trying to maintain a ratio of 60% protein, 30% carbs and 10% fats. So 278g pro/139g carbs/27g fat. Keeping the sugar content at a minimum and the sat fats down as well. Lots of meats, fat free cottage cheese, "free" veggies, like celery and lettuce, decent amounts of Soy products (Boca, Tofu stuff).

So at this point I just need to make sure I eat enough to maintain as I'm already being successful in losing fat.
    Ron J
    ----------

RONJ73-HOW DID YOU DO TODAY WITH YOUR CALORIE INTAKE..........HOPE ALL IS WELL WIT CHA.....

I'm a "3rd Shifter" so today is just starting for me. I'm actually in the process of having "breakfast" right now (10:00pm) which is consisting of a chicken breast, a little brown rice and water.

I go into work for midnight. My usual workout time is around 1:30am. I'll itemize everything throughout the day today.

Thanks for the concern.
    Ron J
    ----------

Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Can I join in?

I have stuggled for several years with my weight. This past June I hit my highest weight of 170 lbs. I am only 5'5" tall.
    In June of 2001 I was around 145 to 148lbs. I started getting sick around that time. I was always sick to my stomach, having horrid hot flashes, and very dizzy. I went to my regular Doctor and they did some bloodwork. They call me back to tell me I have to go on a BRAT diet. My Lypase (sp) levels were elevated which is a sign of pancreatitis. So I follow the (banana,rice,applesauce,toast) diet and go back and have more bloodwork. This time they tell me that my levels are O.K. but I need to stay on this diet a couple more weeks to make sure.

Well I decided to make an appointment with my Obgyn. Something was telling me that it was hormone related and not anything to do with my pancreas. Sure enough the Doc does an exam and he says everything is enlarged. He sends me for an ultra sound to check on the little tumors he found a year ago. Well they wern't so little anymore and were growing at a rapid pace. Which of course meant taking everything out.

Depression ensued with weight gain. I had the surgery finally in December of 2001 and quit smoking at the same time.
    I decided enough was enough and joined the gym July 2 2002.
    I am now at a stand still. I switched my schedule at work and decided on a decent eating plan to folow. But now i've come down with a blasted cold.
    Lead..Follow..Or Get Out Of The Way!!!

07-02-02 170 lbs 5'5" 36% bf
    12-24-02 147 lbs
    03-14-03 152 lbs 25% bf
    03-20-03 150 lbs 24% bf

Re: Can I join in?

Originally posted by Viola
    I have stuggled for several years with my weight. This past June I hit my highest weight of 170 lbs. I am only 5'5" tall.
    In June of 2001 I was around 145 to 148lbs. I started getting sick around that time. I was always sick to my stomach, having horrid hot flashes, and very dizzy. I went to my regular Doctor and they did some bloodwork. They call me back to tell me I have to go on a BRAT diet. My Lypase (sp) levels were elevated which is a sign of pancreatitis. So I follow the (banana,rice,applesauce,toast) diet and go back and have more bloodwork. This time they tell me that my levels are O.K. but I need to stay on this diet a couple more weeks to make sure.

Well I decided to make an appointment with my Obgyn. Something was telling me that it was hormone related and not anything to do with my pancreas. Sure enough the Doc does an exam and he says everything is enlarged. He sends me for an ultra sound to check on the little tumors he found a year ago. Well they wern't so little anymore and were growing at a rapid pace. Which of course meant taking everything out.

Depression ensued with weight gain. I had the surgery finally in December of 2001 and quit smoking at the same time.
    I decided enough was enough and joined the gym July 2 2002.
    I am now at a stand still. I switched my schedule at work and decided on a decent eating plan to folow. But now i've come down with a blasted cold.

Good to hear your story. We are all here if you have any questions, or just want to vent.

Well...I decided yesterday that I'm going to try doing Keto and see how that works out for me. I'll go into details about my diet later once I've ironed it all out. My schedule is a little weird due to my schedule, but we'll see how it works.
    Ron J
    ----------

D'oh, due to my schedule at WORK rather.
    Ron J
    ----------

My report..... i've been runnin in the morning-on empty stomach-20min,and again at night for 10min....this has proven to be something that is working for me...the weight combine with the low carb keto diet just seems to speed things up.....i went from
    315lbs-as of thursday morning drummmmmmmmm rolllllllllllll please........299.....needless to say im very excited........

How is the groups progress comin along......
    Ps.... if you have ideas to help this group please post them or e-mail or (pm) me or someone who seems to care.......checkin back witcha soon...

Be carefull of your joints and all that good stuff. Don't wanna hurt yourself.

-B
    Start weight 337 pounds
    Goal Weight 185 pounds

YEAH I GOTTA BE CAREFUL,TODAY I WAS A LIL SORE IN THEM.....BUT NOT TOO BAD.......I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE NEW OF A GOOD SHOE TO PROTECT MY JOINTS FROM THE GROUND SHOCK.....?

Congrats on the progress Zoom! I just started Keto this week, so it took me a little time getting into it. I have my first weigh in day tomorrow "morning" which is about 7:00pm in my world. So I'll update you then. I don't suspect it'll be much of a change from last week's 278.5, mainly because I've done more weights than cardio this week (been congested with a cold).
    Ron J
    ----------

Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughboy15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Yeah when I started really getting serious about weightlifting I was around 320 at 5'8" and I had always been made fun of so i decided to get rid of the fat i started on Dec.27 and as of Feb.5
    im down to 282.I really want to look good by the summer. oh yeah im only 15 guess that dont really matter though.

I'm right there with ya Doughboy. Last friday I weighed in at 278.5. This is the lowest I've weighed since graduating high school! I was 310 on the day I graduated, 12 years ago. All through grade school and high school I was a big guy. Although most people didn't make fun of me twice as I was also an angry guy. (Irish Temper + Aries + Bitterness = One Unhappy Fellow) Thankfully over the years I've learned to control my anger...I think that's called growing up.

At any rate...I kinda cheated at the gym last night and weighed myself before working out. Fully hydrated with breakfast still in my stomach, I was 275. So I suspect the scale will read a bit lower when I wake up later. (I get out of work at 8am eastern and usually wake up around 5 or 6pm on fridays)

Kind of a hint to all you big guys and girls out there...always weigh yourself right after waking up, after you've *ahem* purged your system. You're a little on the dehydrated side and you generally don't have as much food/waste in you. So it helps the ego a bit.
    Ron J
    ----------

BIGDADDYD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HELLO ALL,
    I POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD BUT RonJ73 SUGGESTED I LOOK HERE ALSO. AWESOME THREAD!! THANKS RonJ73.
    I AM CURRENTLY TRYING TO LEAVE THE OBESE RANKS AS WELL. 1ST OF THE YEAR I WAS AT MY HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER 441 LBS. I CURRENTLY WEIGH 396 TODAY 2/7. I AM NOT LOSING HARDLY ANY UPPER BODY SIZE (SHOULDER WIDTH, BICEPS ETC..) SO MY MUSCLE LOSS IN PRETTY MINIMAL AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. (ANY SUGGESTIONS ON MEASURING LOSS, TO FAT FOR ACCUATE CALIPER READINGS) ANYWAY, MY DIET CONSISTS OF LOW CARB M-F CHICKEN, FISH, VEGGIES AND PROTEIN SHAKES. I HAVE CEREAL IN THE MORNING QUAKER OATMEAL CERAL (AWESOME!!!) OR JUST PLAIN OATMEAL WITH PROTEIN POWDER FOR FLAVOR. WEEKENDS I UP CARBS WITH POTATOES AND A BAGEL FOR BREAKFAST INSTEAD OF OTHERS. I USE BREAD MODERATLY DURING THE WEEK BUT ONLY PIMPERNICKEL. I WORK OUT 5 DAYS A WEEK WITH HEAVY WEIGHT. 1 BODYPART A DAY (WHICH WORKS BEST FOR ME). AND CARDIO 5 DAYS A WEEK. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. AND I MUST SAY THAT I FINALLY DIPPED UNDER 400 LBS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 3 YEARS!!! I WAS SO PUMPED WHEN I JUMPED ON THE SCALE!!! MY LONG RANGE GOALS INCLUDE BEING 250-260 LBS WITH < 15% BF. AND I WOULD LIKE TO DO A SHOW BEFORE I'M 40 (JUST TURNED 32). MY FIRST GOAL WAS TO GET BELOW 400. 1 DOWN. ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS APPRECIATED AND WELCOME.
    I will never be the fatboy again!
    highly motivated!!
    truly dedicated!

I'm back and this is my year!!!!!

AIM: DENNYCLIENT
    YAHOO: tattoodude71

Message me anytime!!

Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

A big round of applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go Buddy!! And don't let anyone stop you.
    When I first read M-F chicken etc. I thought you were cursing. LOL but then I realized you meant Monday through Friday. Your diet sounds great and you are making some excellent progress.

And I like your signature.

Viola
    Lead..Follow..Or Get Out Of The Way!!!

07-02-02 170 lbs 5'5" 36% bf
    12-24-02 147 lbs
    03-14-03 152 lbs 25% bf
    03-20-03 150 lbs 24% bf

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    way to go guys...im happy to hear all the progress that you are making.

The best progress of all is knowing that you need to change and then start to implement those changes into your life.

I was pretty fat too at one point in time...i weighed about 310ish at 6'3 and no muscle.

I too ate fast food everyday...smoked a pack a day....never did any exercise.

This all happened right after highschool....i got pretty depressed because i had a full ride scholarship to play at WWU for baseball as a pitcher...i screwed my arm up pretty bad (rotator cuff) and when i told them that i needed surgurey they were suddenly uninterested. That hit me very very hard so i just do nothing ate everything and i went from a pretty lean 220 to 310 in a year.

And i was also dating this girl that dumped me because she said i disgusted her...so i then hit up the gym and havent looked back since. Working out became a big time hobby for me, I went back to school...got my degree in Kinesiology, and right now looking forward to going to Austrailia to get my masters in Physiotherepy.

So great things can happen out of something bad...its all how you choose to deal with it.

Right now im about 245lbs, 14%bf....hard work always pays off in the end...no matter what it is you do!

cheers
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect