dean461 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much water should I drink while on creatine?

I was told you have to drink heaps of water with creatine? how much ? like 8 cups a day or what ?

plus do you have to drink more when you load?

cctez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: How much water should I drink while on creatine?

Originally posted by dean461
    I was told you have to drink heaps of water with creatine? how much ? like 8 cups a day or what ?

plus do you have to drink more when you load?
    I try to get in at least 12 (8oz) Cups per day whether on creatine or not. If you are also doing cardio you need to drink a couple additional cups per every 20 minutes of cardio.

It doesn't hurt to drink more, while your loading. Just remember the if you don't get enough water your urine can get pretty concentrated, and that's no good for your renal glands and overall plumbing in general.
    ===
    Chris

Also - You might be running to the bathroom more often for the first few months that you start drinking more water, but things should go back to normal eventually.

BTW, 8 cups of water is not much really. Make sure you get more than that.
    ===
    Chris

Billy Ocean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should always drink a gallon or more of water on top of all your protein shakes, juice, coffee or what ever else you drink.
    A young ***** holdin big face foldin
    Pimps are known for catching runaways
    A good hustler's known to keep his gun away
    First ***** run up and try to jack mine,
    first ***** **** up to get flat lined

5'11
    7% bf

ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Since beginning to take Creatine a few months ago, I've pretty much started drinking only water for the most part. I used to drink all Mt. Dew while at work, now it's all water. If I go out to eat (rare), I'll drink sweet tea, or I may have a carbonated drink for supper. Anyway, what I'm saying is after a while you can get yourself accustomed to drinking water, and you will get enough that way.
    Scott

Originally posted by dsm1995gst
    Since beginning to take Creatine a few months ago, I've pretty much started drinking only water for the most part. I used to drink all Mt. Dew while at work, now it's all water. If I go out to eat (rare), I'll drink sweet tea, or I may have a carbonated drink for supper. Anyway, what I'm saying is after a while you can get yourself accustomed to drinking water, and you will get enough that way.
    Good point, clean water tastes great drink lots of it.

Another reason not to drink soft drinks/coffee/tea while on creatine is that caffienated drinks will negate the muscle volume increase effect that creatine gives you. However, strength increases should not be impaired.
    ===
    Chris

Cbusch313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    drinking alot of water also helps keep acne away. Always a good incentive.

MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) MoMoneyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol at 2003 miscers