Thread: Underweight

Dvrp is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Underweight

Hi everyone, I don’t really know how to properly start one of these threads so I’m just going to cut to the chase. I’m 19 yrs old, I weigh 127lbs and I’m 6’0. I’ve read that a pound equals to 3500 calories and if I wanted to gain a single pound I’d have to add that same amount on top of what I basically eat now which is about 1700-1800 a day, which goes over 5000. However when I input my age and BMI on this site it says I need 2292 a day to gain weight. So which is true? I’m currently saving for a car so a cheaper route would be ideal right now.

PS, the names Devin and disregard the age it says on the account. I made this in a hurry and wasn’t paying attention

thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    lmao, 3500 calories is equal to a pound but you are not suppose to add 3500 a day or else you would be gaining a pound a day. Instead, add 500 calories to your TDEE and eat at that everyday. Thats equivalent to a pound gained a week, adjust more or less to achieve what you want. Just because you are eating around 1700-1800 a day does not mean its your TDEE, so make sure to find your TDEE its in the stickies.
    stupid in the streets daddy in the sheets

Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    BMI is bs.
    You’re correct that 3500 is a lb, but like the above person said you don’t want to gain a lb a day lol.

Well 1800 is extremely low for you if you are 127@6 foot. I have no idea how you manage to eat so little. Do you have a sedentary lifestyle or active? If you’re very active thats a pretty big red flag and leaving you in a strong deficit.

TDEE calculator from free dieting, plug in your info. If your goal is 1lb a week add 500 or if you plan on gaining it slowly stick to 200-300 of your (maintenance)- this is your daily caloric intake that your body needs to sustain the weight you’re at right now. Going on a bulk I strongly recommend you exercise and weightlift so you don’t end up adding mainly fat.

The red stickies and further educating yourself is also very strongly recommended.

LiftLP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dvrp View Post
    Hi everyone, I don’t really know how to properly start one of these threads so I’m just going to cut to the chase. I’m 19 yrs old, I weigh 127lbs and I’m 6’0. I’ve read that a pound equals to 3500 calories and if I wanted to gain a single pound I’d have to add that same amount on top of what I basically eat now which is about 1700-1800 a day, which goes over 5000. However when I input my age and BMI on this site it says I need 2292 a day to gain weight. So which is true? I’m currently saving for a car so a cheaper route would be ideal right now.
    good luck

Yeah I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle, I work 40 hours a week with in a very limited work space. So I’ll end up buying a GNC weight gainer and work around that, as well as doing body weight exercises. Thanks guys 👊🏻👍🏻 Reply any other tips or useful info please