Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Possible on carpet?

My girlfriend has hinted at wanting to transform one of the rooms in our apartment into a gym. Considering our 3 year anniversary is coming up, I thought it might want to do something for her. I had a brainstorm today and realized that I could possibly change my room into a gym room w/computer. However, its carpeted.

The basics would be:
    Powerrack - i was thinking this:http://newyorkbarbells.com/92563.html -$300

300 Pound weightset from dicks sporting goods - $100
    Adjustable bench - http://newyorkbarbells.com/14061.html - ~$100

Total price - $500

Of course she would pay for a little bit considering we are both in college but this could essentially be very worthwhile for both of us.

What do you think? Would it be possible to do something like this, and to do it in a carpeted room?

HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no replies?

Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jesse92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I bought a similar rack, practically all the same equipment that you are looking into buying. I have it on carpet, I have been worried that it might damage the carpet though. Look into buying one of those rubber mats and I think it would be fine.

333...I am only half evil Fritobandito's Avatar
    Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I spent 1.5 years with all my equipment on carpet (well on 1/2 inch mats then carpet). No damage to the carpet but when I sold the house the area around the mats was noticably dirtier than what was under the mats. Professional carpet cleaning fixed that.

-Fritobandito

Originally Posted by Fritobandito
    I spent 1.5 years with all my equipment on carpet (well on 1/2 inch mats then carpet). No damage to the carpet but when I sold the house the area around the mats was noticably dirtier than what was under the mats. Professional carpet cleaning fixed that.

-Fritobandito
    sweet, thanks. any recommendations on other pieces of equipment, such as a different power rack, etc?
    Last edited by HitItHard; 10-20-2006 at 07:24 PM.

bump before i leave for the night

Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by HitItHard
    sweet, thanks. any recommendations on other pieces of equipment, such as a different power rack, etc?
    Heres that same rack for $40 cheaper http://www.3dsxtreme.com/power_racks.asp
    Don't complicate things by making things complicated.....

Originally Posted by Dinotrainer
    Heres that same rack for $40 cheaper http://www.3dsxtreme.com/power_racks.asp
    which would u guys recommend

the rack in the link above for $259

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Squat-Power-...QQcmdZViewItem
    for $270

StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Possible On Carpet?

My girlfriend has hinted at wanting to...
    you started out good.... but I soon realize you were just leading me on!

Originally Posted by StrengthMaker
    you started out good.... but I soon realize you were just leading me on!
    k thnx

Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    which would u guys recommend

the rack in the link above for $259

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Squat-Power-...QQcmdZViewItem
    for $270
    Of those two, the PowerLine from Jesup is probably the better choice, but either one is fine.

My girlfriend has hinted at wanting to transform one of the rooms in our apartment into a gym. Considering our 3 year anniversary is coming up, I thought it might want to do something for her. I had a brainstorm today and realized that I could possibly change my room into a gym room w/computer. However, its carpeted.

The basics would be:

Total price - $500

Of course she would pay for a little bit considering we are both in college but this could essentially be very worthwhile for both of us.

What do you think? Would it be possible to do something like this, and to do it in a carpeted room?
    I'm not crazy about that bench, by the way. I'd look around a little more......

Originally Posted by Dinotrainer
    I'm not crazy about that bench, by the way. I'd look around a little more......
    any suggestions?

yea after looking closer i dont think that bench is suitable, theres a jesup bench for like $112 on ebay i think i might look into that one

^^^ The Jesup bench looks like the way to go, out of those two choices. NY Barbell wants $58 in freight to send that bench to my area. NFW
    Last edited by Dinotrainer; 10-20-2006 at 10:16 PM.

NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I disagree, I would go with the other rack. Look at the way the four posts are connected to the bottom "floor" squar on the powerline. It has four metal tabs connecting to the four cage posts. These four tabs are what I believe makes this rack shake. So if I bought it again after knowing what I know I would definitly get the NYBB rack. Now the only problem I see is people have tried the powerline, but I dont really see people who get the C92563W, so hopefuly it is good.

Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newbydubie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NWAli
    I disagree, I would go with the other rack. Look at the way the four posts are connected to the bottom "floor" squar on the powerline. It has four metal tabs connecting to the four cage posts. These four tabs are what I believe makes this rack shake. So if I bought it again after knowing what I know I would definitly get the NYBB rack. Now the only problem I see is people have tried the powerline, but I dont really see people who get the C92563W, so hopefuly it is good.
    That NYBB rack isnt exactly rock solid either,so before you even think about trading for that one think again bro'.

So basically choose the powerline over the cheaper one?

BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

The basics would be:

Total price - $500

Of course it is. But stay away from the New York Barbell benches. The particle board they use under the foam/upoulstry is terrible. I ended up reupoulstering a friends bench and having to replace the wood/foam core altogether.

pow! right in the kisser FOOTBALL FAN's Avatar
    FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    should be fine mate but id look into getting mats
    -TEAM COLEMAN-

NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Newbydubie
    That NYBB rack isnt exactly rock solid either,so before you even think about trading for that one think again bro'.
    I understand that, and I am not saying I am going to trade it in. All I am saying givin my experience with the powerline (which I feel is a great rack especially for people our age) I would go for the NYBB this time simply because of the above statements I have said.

So basically choose the powerline over the cheaper one?
    I would choose the cheaper one because it is bolted to the tubes and not tabs that are welded to the side. Also if you can afford it I would get this rack:
    http://www.powertecfitness.com/power_rack_system.htm

I cant remember but I know somewhere has just the rack (not the whole system) for like $350 shipped. That is suppose to be a very well made rack.
    Last edited by NWAli; 10-21-2006 at 10:28 AM.

Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is a rack exactly what your GF was hinting about? I just went thru this w/ my wife. She wanted to start working out w/ me and I went overboard buying a rack, FID, dumbbells, peckdec, etc. Pretty much everythign you could think of.

Well it all intimidated her so much that she wouldn't ever go near the stuff. I sold most of it and bought a Powertec WBLS system that my whole family uses.

You might want to she if a rack wil be something she will use or was she thinking more of a total gym or bowflex.

BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BusyDizzyIzzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by NWAli
    I understand that, and I am not saying I am going to trade it in. All I am saying givin my experience with the powerline (which I feel is a great rack especially for people our age) I would go for the NYBB this time simply because of the above statements I have said.

I would choose the cheaper one because it is bolted to the tubes and not tabs that are welded to the side. Also if you can afford it I would get this rack:
    http://www.powertecfitness.com/power_rack_system.htm

I cant remember but I know somewhere has just the rack (not the whole system) for like $350 shipped. That is suppose to be a very well made rack.
    Agree on the rack brand. The Powertec rack is probably the best rack under $400. Quality 12 guage steel 2.5"x2.5" tubing brackets with properly utilized corner bracing. The optional lat attachment is also a great bargain too and well designed.

Powerteck is a lil too expensive for me, and keep in mind I wont be loading 1000 pounds onto this thing, maybe 300-400 max.

So so far u are telling me to get:
    http://www.3dsxtreme.com/power_racks.asp

instead of the jesup power rack.

Powerteck is a lil too expensive for me, and keep in mind I wont be loading 1000 pounds onto this thing, maybe 300-400 max.

So so far u are telling me to get:
    http://www.3dsxtreme.com/power_racks.asp

instead of the jesup power rack.
    A rack is better than no rack at all. I would say this, grab the rack you had pictured, but at LEAST get a good quality FID bench. Try and save a few more pennies there at least.

Originally Posted by BusyDizzyIzzy
    A rack is better than no rack at all. I would say this, grab the rack you had pictured, but at LEAST get a good quality FID bench. Try and save a few more pennies there at least.
    link me to a good FID bench plz, reps will be given in mass quantities

link me to a good FID bench plz, reps will be given in mass quantities
    What can you honestly squeeze in for cash for a bench? If you can squeeze $250-$300 then here are 2 excellent STABLE benches:

A. http://www.powertecfitness.com/utlbench.htm You can find this bench for about $220 including shipping online. Its a great bench, I use one myself along with the Powertec rack. And I beat the PISS outta my equipment. Its taken everything Ive given her, including 130lb. dumbells dropped right on the pad hard without a thought.

B. http://www.bodycraft.com/320.tpl This one for about $299 online including shipping, and this one is especially compact, great for racks and limited space.

Originally Posted by BusyDizzyIzzy
    What can you honestly squeeze in for cash for a bench? If you can squeeze $250-$300 then here are 2 excellent STABLE benches:

A. http://www.powertecfitness.com/utlbench.htm You can find this bench for about $220 including shipping online. Its a great bench, I use one myself along with the Powertec rack. And I beat the PISS outta my equipment. Its taken everything Ive given her, including 130lb. dumbells dropped right on the pad hard without a thought.

B. http://www.bodycraft.com/320.tpl This one for about $299 online including shipping, and this one is especially compact, great for racks and limited space.
    too expensive.. i just want a basic bench that is adjustable and can handle some weight, thats all

michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10) michaelnel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much can you spend? If you can tell what you can spend, it gives a starting point.

But if the helpful folks here have no idea what you can spend, they can't really recommend anything suitable.

I think if you can live without a decline feature, you can get a quality bench for less money. If you can just use a flat bench for now, it saves more money.

So... how much you got?

too expensive.. i just want a basic bench that is adjustable and can handle some weight, thats all
    The bench is your foundation, IMO you should rethink over that assesment. Some of the cheaper benches big problem areas are that they lose their integrity/stability VERY FAST. You want a good bench.

I could DEFINTELY do without a decline feature if that meant a lower price tag..

in fact I would be ok with just having a flat bench as long as it was nice
    I think the MAX I can (would be willing to spend) would be $150 for a bench.