BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Pull up bars without screws?

There are plenty of doorway mounted pull up bars on the market, but it seems like almost all of them require a screw mounting. I live in an apartment that I rent and don't think that would be acceptable. Anyone have any good suggestsions? I've seen some of those basic $10 bars state that they can be used WITHOUT the screw mount too, but I'm not sure how sturdy that would necessarily be (I'm about 165lbs or so).

I've seen the Door Gym and that looks promising, but I'm wondering if there's anything less expensive (yes I know it's only about $40 plus shipping) and less gimmicky.

HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have the doorway gym and it holds me just fine, it DOES make little grooves in the wood though with repeated use, and the black grip wears off on the paint.

Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    there is this: http://www.ukfitnesssupplies.co.uk/m...POWERBAR/70076

but if you live in the US i'm not sure if they sell them over there.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
    There are plenty of doorway mounted pull up bars on the market, but it seems like almost all of them require a screw mounting. I live in an apartment that I rent and don't think that would be acceptable. Anyone have any good suggestsions? I've seen some of those basic $10 bars state that they can be used WITHOUT the screw mount too, but I'm not sure how sturdy that would necessarily be (I'm about 165lbs or so).

I've seen the Door Gym and that looks promising, but I'm wondering if there's anything less expensive (yes I know it's only about $40 plus shipping) and less gimmicky.
    If you're 165lbs you should be fine without the screws. Just give the bar a good rattle, to ensure it's in place, before you commit to putting all your weight on it.

Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatine28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BackInTheJox

You might want to try something like this guy made using pipes. It seems to be pretty strong!

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenand...odyweight.html