nycurse2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

calories burned doing crunches

I was wondering the number of calories burned doing 400 crunches.

victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why?
    It doesnt matter how many calories you burned running, cycling, walking, or weight training, as long as you do it your fine. THe only thing that matter is that you atleast fix in the activity multiplier into your calories, and thats a broad multiplication
    "Love like your life depends on it, live like love is the only thing worth living for"
    "Train because you love to, train because you love yourself"

Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nycurse2003
    I was wondering the number of calories burned doing 400 crunches.
    400...WOW..can you do that much? at once?? I'm sure there are better ways to spend your time doing cardio if you're just looking to burn cals.
    As far as the reps to make the "six-pack" , I would rather do weighted ab exercises (and a lot less of them) to get that look than 400 of anything non-weighted.
    YMMV

markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markb3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GRYDE001
    400...WOW..can you do that much? at once?? I'm sure there are better ways to spend your time doing cardio if you're just looking to burn cals.
    As far as the reps to make the "six-pack" , I would rather do weighted ab exercises (and a lot less of them) to get that look than 400 of anything non-weighted.
    YMMV
    Definitely do less and do something that is more difficult so that you are reaching close to failure and not just stopping because you reached a number.

You're building endurance though I suppose, but I question your form on them if you can do 400. I can do a lot if I just do them rapidly, but if I do them properly, exhale forcefully as I contract to get a full hard contraction of the abs at the top, then I can't do a lot.

TheLegace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLegace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLegace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe you should be doing more difficult types of crunches, there is the one where your legs are like vertical, that ones hard for me.
    Need to work harder!!!

October 18, 2005 230lb @ 33%
    Sept 1, 2006 215 lb @ 25%
    October 13, 2006 219 @ 24% BF
    October, 29, 2006 Unknown
    Goals ~

October 1, 2006 to reach about 20% body fat
    November 1, 2006 to reach about 15% body fat

(Hope they are realistic)
    Ultimate Goal 230lb @ 10%

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    probably less than walking.... and no, doing crunches wont make you lose stomach fat or burn calories in your stomach area.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Alwayslast179 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wondered into this topic using google.
    And even though this is an old post, I wonder why it is so hard for people to answer this simple question, than to critique the original posters method without understanding the reason of his question?

I was trying to find out an estimate of how many calories I burn doing different activities, like swimming, weight training, ab training, rock climbing, basketball, football, tennis, and so on. This is so I can get a baseline figure of how many calories I am taking in vs. how many calories I am expending.

apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can search for it. Im sure somewhere in bb.com, or lookin google, it has the # of cals u burn doin crunches. But i do not recommend u count those. I mean, if you are trying to lose weight, burn 500 calories a day, every day, 7 days a week, and you lose 1 lb. Eat 500 calories less a day, every day, 7 days a week, you will lose another 1 lb, which will be a total of 2 lbs/week you will lose.

Whenever i want to lose 1 lb a week from cardio, i just go run for 500 calories on the treadmil. Sometimes i play basketball, and i DO NOT count those calories, because it will eventually show up on the scale, that i have lost more. Just do not worry about those calories.
    April 2007 - Age 16 - 261lbs
    October 2009 - Age 19 - 180lbs
    Now - October 2010 - Age 20 - ~196.6lbs

Check Out My Personal Songs On Youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/apdunshiz18#p/u/4/aOOe0xFdLeg

DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaBair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with the others. Your composition of your abdominal muscles is no different than those found in the rest of your body, and I doubt you're doing 400 reps of bench or squats. Do weighted ab exercises in the 8-12 rep range and do some cardio if you want to burn calories.

Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seannn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    average 160-180lb male burns roughly 1 calorie every 10 crunches - don't use them as calorie burners