Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Journey: Get Swole Or Die Trying

Hey,
    I've decided to start my first workout journal, ive been working out for 1 year and a half in that time ive put on about 40 pounds and trimmed down my bf% atm im 225 pounds at roughly 14% bf thats a rough estimate and im about 6'2. My current goal at the moment is to keep bulking up i play rugby and want to try for prop so i wanna add another 20 odd pounds before start of next season, im starting my new workout program (focusing on hitting legs hard) which i will put below and yeah hopefully by keeping a journal of my numbers etc (something ive never done before) i can progress better as i find too often im not challenging myself on my lifts and ive been stagnant lately, largely to the fact i injured my bak a couple of months ago doing hack squats i couldnt train for 2 months which was torture and still have mild pain as a result i cant squat free weight ive tried numerous times but ill have to settle with the smithy as much as i hate to say it but atleast im squatting i guess.

My split looks something like this

Chest/Delts
    Legs
    Back/ Arms
    Day off

ive experimented with many splits and find this one suits me best i recover in time and seem to respond well to the volume it offers also deadlifting after doin legs is a great way to get over the doms ive found!

*note not done in this particular order
    Chest/Delts:
    Chest:
    Barbell Flat Bench Press
    Barbell Incline Bench Press
    Dips
    Flat Bench Fly's

Delts:
    Seated Military Press
    Arnold Presses
    Front Raises
    Seated Lateral Dumbell Raises

Legs:
    Quads:
    Smith Machine Squats
    Barbell Squats
    Leg Press
    Leg Extensions

Hams:
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    Lying Leg Curl

Calves:
    Seated Calf Raises
    Standing Calf Raises on the smith machine

Back/Bi's/Tri's
    Back:
    Deadlifts
    Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows
    Dumbell Rows (May change for seated rows will see how my back feels)
    Lat Pulldowns (Dont flame i just find i prefer the feeling i get from pulldowns seem to respond better to them)

Biceps:
    Chins (Will be tough after back but ill attempt them)
    Incline Alternating Dumbell Curls
    Preacher Curl

Triceps:
    Tricep Pushdowns
    Skull Crushers s/s with CGBP
    Maybe One Arm Overhead Dumbell Extensions

so thats my working plan

seeming as ive just done chest yesty and legs today ill start my new program tommoro on back/arm day and go from there so yea looking forward to it and hopefully everyone whose reading if anone does enjoys it too!

Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay forgot about my journal anyway im here to start it properly and continue on with it this time!

Ive got a new routine the one i posted i feel wasnt suited well i was spending way to long in the gym anyways, my new routine looks like this..

Day 1 Chest
    Day 2 Back
    Day 3 Legs
    Day 4 Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's
    Day 5 Rest

Repeat

I feel this works well as i can really hit the big three hard and my arms and delts are recovered in time to work them individually.

Day 1:
    CHEST ROUTINE
    Flat Bench Dumbell Press
    Incline Bench
    Dumbell/Cable Flyes
    Decline Bench

Day 2:
    BACK ROUTINE
    Deadlifts
    Wide Grip Chins
    Yates Row
    Underhand Pulldowns
    Cable Rows

Day 3:
    LEG ROUTINE
    Front Squats
    Back Squats
    Leg Press
    Leg Extension

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    Lying Leg Curls

Standing Smith Machine Calf Raises
    Seated Calf Raises

Day 4:
    SHOULDER ROUTINE
    Behind the neck presses
    Arnold Presses
    Lat Raises
    Bent Over Raises

BICEP ROUTINE
    Weighted Chinups
    Alternating Dumbell Curls
    Preacher Curls

TRICEP ROUTINE:
    Weighted Dips
    Skull Crushers
    Pushdowns/CGBP (Depends on how my wrist is feeling)

so there we have it my new routine im doing free weight squats again feel good to be doing these again instead of the smith machine really feels like your working them so yeah hopefully ill be hitting some PR'S on the deadlift and squats thats my goal!

Okay here we go my first workout logged, was chest day today couldnt get in contact with my training partner so had to train without a spotter which was good as it gave me a chance to see where my strength is out without relying on someone taking those couple of kilos to help get it up.

Anyways here we go ..

Flatbench Dumbell Press:
    1 - Warm up set of 44lb 2: 66LB X 12 3: 77LB X 8 4: 88LB X 6 5: 88LB X 6

Incline Bench Press
    1: 132lb x 10 2: 176lb x 6 3: 176lb x 6 4: 132lb x 12

Decline Bench Press
    1: 132lb x 12 2: 176lb x 8 3: 198lb x 6 4: 198lb x 6

Cable Flyes
    1: Plate 5 x 12 2: Plate 6 x 10 3: Plate 7 x 8 4: Plate 8 x 6

All in all i felt it was a good workout first time ive done dumbell bench press i felt i couldve gone heavier but the movement felt odd over time i guess ill adjust to it, wouldve been good to have a spotter as i wouldve like to gone heavier on the delcine and the incline specially my 4th set on incline surprised hopefully next workout i can hit 220lb for my delcine bench. I might switch up the cable flyes to dumbell flyes just i feel my shoulders come into play too much on the cables, anyway im looking forward to back day and hopefully ill have some good deadlift numbers to post. Stay in touch!

Back day today normally one of my favourite days but having worked a 12 hour shift last night i only got 4 hours sleep before my workout and was way low on energy i managed to force myself to the gym for a decent workout i think i have to tweak my back routine today went as follows

Wide Grip Chins:
    1: 8 x BW 2: 8 x BW 3: 6 x BW

Lat Pull Down Underhand Grip:
    1: Plate 13 x 12 2: Plate 15 x 8 3:Plate 16 x 6

Deadlifts:
    1: Warm-up set 132lb x 10 2: 176lb x 10 3: 220lb x 8 4: 242lb x 6
    5: 264lb x 4 6: 286lb x 2

Yates Rows:
    1: 132lb x 10 2: 154 lb x 8 3: 176lb x 6 4: 209 x 4

Cable Rows:
    1: Plate 12 x 12 2: Plate 14 x 9 3: Plate 16 x 6

I struggled on deadlifts mainly due to my lack of sleep ive also switched to doing these strapless so im working on my grip strength still so might take awhile to get use to this, i felt i couldve gone slightly heavier on the deadlifts i did my 2 reps easily but ill be taking it nice and easy and not rushing myself to get back to my PR's

Im going to change this routine up as well i will be switching wide grip chins for wide grip pulldowns, yates rows for t-bar rows and cable rows for dumbell rows, legs tommorow im going to have to make sure i get enough rest for this one!

Was scheduled to do legs today however i got called up to do a 12hour shift tonight so ill be resting up and will have to make up for it, i cant wait to give my legs a good flogging tommorow there getting there strength back which is good so hopefully i can hit some high numbers on the squats and leg press stay tuned for that post tommorow!

My legs havent felt sore like this in a long time

Had my leg session today so ive up split it up into quads, and hams/calves
    ill be heading back to the gym in a couple hours to finish off my hams and calves.

Im really focusing in technique with my legs atm as before ive fallen for the trap of loading up plates and going heavy with little attention paid to form,
    and i tell you what im noticing it alot more.

My quad routine was as such
    Leg Extension 2 set warm up
    Squats 6-8 sets
    Leg Press 4 sets
    Leg Extensions 2 sets each with a drop set

Im not posting numbers yet of my workouts on legs anyway as im focusing more on technique, i must admit after todays leg workout my quads havent felt so fried for a long time it really pays to keep strict form and go deep on the squats also ive eased up on the weight on the leg press and concentrating on slow reps with a full rom not just 2 inches and let me tell you it feels like your working it a whole lot more im already looking forward to my next leg day as i feel i can now start to add abit more weight on and start to challenge myself ... shoulder/bi's/tri's tommorow!

Back again what a **** last 4 days ive had a shocker of a cold so i took 3 days off from the gym, i got in yesterday for a chest session i was minus a spotter and was feeling terrible so i didnt know how i would go however i managed to surprise myself plus i have the next 3-4days off from work so ill be able to make up for lost time anyways to my chest workout

Incline Barbell Bench Press:
    1: 110 x 12 2: 132 x 10 3: 176 x 7 4: 198 x 5
    Dumbell Bench Press:
    1: 55 x 12 2: 77 x 8 3: 88 x 4 4: 88 x 4
    Dumbell Flyes:
    1: 38.5 x 12 2: 49.5 x 8 3: 60.5 x 5
    Dips:
    1: BW X 8 2: BW X 8 3: BW X 6

Considering im still weak from my cold i was happy with my workout i hit my highest unassisted bench incline bench and i feel im starting to get stonger on the dumbell for my bench press anyways back day tommorow so ill be hitting it hard with deadlifts.