rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100)

Exclamation Can too much broccoli become dangerous?

Broccoli contains a lot of vitamin K which has something to do with blood coagulation. Does this mean that eating too much broccoli could lead to blood clots?
    I like broccoli and I could eat it every day but I'm a bit concerned about vitamin K.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vitamin K clots your blood in the event you cut yourself so you don't bleed endlessly.

You can have to much of anything. You can drink too much water. However you would start puking before overdosing on broccoli.
    Last edited by 1quick1; 10-26-2006 at 04:24 AM.

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    death by brocolli? sounds liek a hilarious way to go.

but seriously, to consume enough to harm urself, would have to be ALOT
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by matthor
    death by brocolli? sounds liek a hilarious way to go.

but seriously, to consume enough to harm urself, would have to be ALOT
    How about harming others. After is has processed. This is assuming that he is eating other healthy foods as well. Like eggs and whey. That is a deadly combo. I feel sorry for the other people he lives with
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am pretty sure you cannot overdose on vitamin K by eating broccoli.

BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've never heard of anyone dying from broccoli overdose.

But like everyone says, "too much of anything can kill you"

You'll most likely die from insanity of broccoli before the brocolli kills you.

Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If I got to choose how I died, death by broccoli would be it.

uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Goonmonger
    I am pretty sure you cannot overdose on vitamin K by eating broccoli.
    I am sure of that too

rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100)
    I always buy this frozen broccoli which you simply put into hot water. It's great. This stuff rules. I can easily eat 350gr broccoli every day, but it's also not very much. It sounds much but it really isn't much.

applesauce the destroyer sanpedro's Avatar
    sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dunno if you're ever smelled stale broccoli farts but those are VERY dangerous
    .(>^_^).> <3

|||----.(^_^).----|||
    cutting
    HIIT sprints
    swimming

Originally Posted by sanpedro
    i dunno if you're ever smelled stale broccoli farts but those are VERY dangerous
    why?

I don't mind my own gas.

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    one guy on here eats like 2.5 lbs of brocoli in 1 sitting now and then

freeking crazy but he seems to be doing fine

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ltlbigman
    How about harming others. After is has processed. This is assuming that he is eating other healthy foods as well. Like eggs and whey. That is a deadly combo. I feel sorry for the other people he lives with
    lol, i'll drink to that!!
    brocolli is worse than anything, i think it evens trumps out cabbage
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

Broccoli rules. I just have to find out wether you can eat too much. I would like to eat it every day but maybe this could really become a problem.

tiutis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    raw brocolli can deplete your iodine levels, but i think raw only, Ineed
    to look in the book now. i think it doesnot when it's cooked.

Registered User WillPullForFood's Avatar
    WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rudolph
    Broccoli contains a lot of vitamin K which has something to do with blood coagulation. Does this mean that eating too much broccoli could lead to blood clots? ...
    The "blood coagulation" is actually the main reason I try to eat as much broccoli as I can. Back when I started on fish oil, I began to bruise easily due to thinner blood; broccoli was the answer.

Perhaps the opposite would work for you...worried about "thick" blood from too much broccoli, take more fish oil.

bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellaone1965 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Can too much broccoli be harmful?

Actually my daughters Dr. was just talking about having to much broccoli may not be good for you.She was researching it .Let you know.good Question.
    "A Dose Of Moya Does The Body Good!"

jreed12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everything is good in moderation... but if you overintake in the vitamins you will just piss them out bc the body onlly needs so much of everythng

Originally Posted by bellaone1965
    Actually my daughters Dr. was just talking about having to much broccoli may not be good for you.She was researching it .Let you know.good Question.
    yes, please do so.

leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to dredge up this old azz thread but was wondering what the verdict was. I have like a pound of broccoli steamed with three diff meals a day. Such good stuff. Though I think I need to diversify my veggies a bit. Suggestions on other greens?
    For me, Scivation brought me up to speed on healthy cutting and training habits.
    They also offer free:

Personalized training
    www.teamscivation.com
    Diet and Training routines
    www.scivationbooks.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-diet-solution.htm
    Motivation and Help with a positive atmosphere
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116376631

T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10) T0PD0G is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How could you love broccoli??

Probally one of the worst foods IMO, And no its not dangerous eating too much broccoli you would get much more of vitamin K through most Multi-Vitamins these day than eating alot of broccoli, Dont worry about it.

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I enjoy the stuff.

Citius, Altius, Fortius Olympique's Avatar
    Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sure... how much are we talking? I can see having something like 30+ cups in a week might actually have its cons but I dare anyone to tell me that they eat even half of that.
    Ultimate goal: to engage in a healthy lifestyle which I can sustain and enjoy for
    the rest of my existence. No "diets", no "cycles". Just constantly improve.

Let no one persuade you by word or deed to do or say whatever is not best for you.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    I eat 2+lbs of veggies a day and see no problems except gas (but my bm's are much more reg.)
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just to correct some of the misinformation in this thread:

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks.../vitamink.html
    No sir, I don't like it.

grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grappler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ltlbigman View Post
    LMFAO! He would have to wear a biohazard sign to warn those around him.
    The great end of life is not knowledge, but action.
    T.H. Huxley

leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    I eat 2+lbs of veggies a day and see no problems except gas (but my bm's are much more reg.)
    The gas is a bitch. I also feel like a biohazard sometimes with what all that broccoli does to me.
    For me, Scivation brought me up to speed on healthy cutting and training habits.
    They also offer free:

Personalized training
    www.teamscivation.com
    Diet and Training routines
    www.scivationbooks.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-diet-solution.htm
    Motivation and Help with a positive atmosphere
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116376631

dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000) dn27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brocolli + beans + steak and eggs = death by noxious fumes.
    If you need me, I'll be under 460+ pounds. If you find me on the floor, please get the weight off of me.

A curl works your arms.... not your back.

Shut up and eat!

My supps: Dedication, motivation, and a little bit of whey