Closed Thread
    s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

career in fitness

hey guys, my life goal is to become a personal trainer at a big gym. may sound vague and corny but i wanna do it cause I LOVE the atmosphere. i already train 4 guys at my school and i give them GREAT gains. But wat major do i need in college, and wat do i need to do to do this!

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im the same way, i believe a bachelors in excercise science is the way to go, but you will also need other certifications that are outside of school.

s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea i was thinkin that too...but how do u get started, cause its one of those things that either u make it and get some good money, or u suck at it and u lose it all! How do people get the jobs of training bodybuilders?

xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Exercise Science/Personal Training

Watch out for that dust Blane/Cope's Avatar
    Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im finishing up my B.A. in health and Kinesiology this december. i plan on entering the fitness world in some aspect. if you could i would try to find a school with a nutrition degree, then you could go get certified to pt and you would be set.

BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGchrisIU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im gonna have to go against everybody here and suggest a business degree or a concentration in sport marketing and management. I have a three older friends that were exercise science majors and then regretted it after learning that you don't need that college degree to be certified. Get the business degree to set you up for success. You can still take the classes that will ensure that you pass the pt certification test. It's important to have a backup plan when trying to compete in the sport industry.
    I'd rather be lurking...

BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To work with a big chain like 24 hour or Bally, all you need is a certificate they except like NASM, AFAA, or an ACE. I have all of them, and probably use 5% of all the knowledge I obtained. However, the more you have, the more you get paid.

The best way to learn is doing it yourself, not from a book. There is no need to go to school for years if you want to work for a chain. A weekend class is all it takes.

Unless you want to become one of them losers who make people do a bunch of stupid **** on a ball. Working the core.. please...

Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dmitry_OK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should aim higher, like having your life goal be to OWN a big gym. I've heard from friends who have worked at major gyms like Gold's, Bally's, 24 hour fitness that the management is terrible and they have irregular hours and and have problems with payment.

Besides, you know that you don't choose who you train right? You will probably be training some old lady or some fat guy who has never touched a weight in his life. but good luck in whatever you decide to do man.
    If you don't have it, then don't hit it.

-Arnold (on posing)

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i used to train in the winter in between my baseball seasons.i hated every minute of it. for me the gym has always been the place where i go to relieve stress, and get away from everything for a little while. but when i was at the gym all day i had nowhere to go. a carrer in fitness can be done, just make sure you dont confuse your hobby with your job.

White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    try a career where u can make some actual money and keep the gym as a hobby

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigPopaPump
    To work with a big chain like 24 hour or Bally, all you need is a certificate they except like NASM, AFAA, or an ACE. I have all of them, and probably use 5% of all the knowledge I obtained. However, the more you have, the more you get paid.

The best way to learn is doing it yourself, not from a book. There is no need to go to school for years if you want to work for a chain. A weekend class is all it takes.

Unless you want to become one of them losers who make people do a bunch of stupid **** on a ball. Working the core.. please...
    I agree most of the time you are being a friend to someone that has to much money. Most of my older clients just want someone to talk to.
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    all the above stuff is good info... I'm currently majoring in exercise science... but i'm going into strength and conditioning... i did some personal training and hated the people i had to work with... maybe it would be different with bodybuilders and people that wanted to work hard.

But yea i'd say Major in Exercise Science/Physiology, and get a minor in Business, or double major. Then for certification you'll want to go with ACSM or maybe ACE since those are probably the most prestigous/respected.

clinicalman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigPopaPump View Post

with respect to mention that doing **** on the ball is something that helps many non bodybuilders to improve their physical condition. If you dislike that is fine, but saying that is bullsh... is not true.

lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BIGchrisIU View Post
    im gonna have to go against everybody here and suggest a business degree or a concentration in sport marketing and management. I have a three older friends that were exercise science majors and then regretted it after learning that you don't need that college degree to be certified. Get the business degree to set you up for success. You can still take the classes that will ensure that you pass the pt certification test. It's important to have a backup plan when trying to compete in the sport industry.
    This,if i were you id think about getting a business degree so you can learn to manage your own fitness company some day and in your spare time earn your certifications. Apply for internships, etc.

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - ★cVc★