vesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Stomach Vacuum + ab routine question

Heya, ok I'm not 100% sure about this. Because it makes your stomach more in and flat, does it help the abs get revealed? I saw on a site some people lose 2-4 inchs in 3 weeks off their stomach from the stomach vacuum exercise, so say your abs are less than 2-4 inches behind your stomach fat before you start the vacuum, if you lose those inches do your abs then reveal or do they get sucked back aswell?

Ok now to my routine question, I always do upper abs monday, lower tuesday, rest wednesday, upper thursday, lower friday and rest on weekend. This week I've tried a new routine and have worked both the upper and lower abs on the same day, monday, rest tuesday, wednesday (today) rest tomorrow then friday and rest on weekend.
    So far with my new routine, the firsts et I do, say if I do my lower abs first, I can feel the normal pain, then when I'm finished with my lower abs and work my upper abs, it seems harder to do and I can't seem to get any pain, or just very very little and it just doesn't seem to work. Same thing will happen if I do my upper abs first then lower abs second, upper abs work fine, then the lower abs I can hardly feel any pain and it doesn't seem right.
    Should I stick with my new routine because really I'm working my upper and lower abs 3 times a week, even though when I work one after the othe it doesn't feel to right, or should I stick to my usual routine with upper one day lower the next, twice a week each and can feel that normal ab pain which is telling me the exercises are working?

Thanks

EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Vacuums won't add to definition. They condition your transverse abdominus, which leads to a sucked in stomach if you keep your posture tight. Definition will come with a combination of muscle mass and low body fat (mostly the latter).

You don't need to break up upper and lower abs into separate days. Many would say there is no difference in training for lower and upper. Blitz your entire abdominal region in one workout (upper, lower, sides). It makes things simpler that way.
    Spartan #301 (turf toe - missed the big dance)

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EctoHooligan
    Vacuums won't add to definition. They condition your transverse abdominus, which leads to a sucked in stomach if you keep your posture tight. Definition will come with a combination of muscle mass and low body fat (mostly the latter).

You don't need to break up upper and lower abs into separate days. Many would say there is no difference in training for lower and upper. Blitz your entire abdominal region in one workout (upper, lower, sides). It makes things simpler that way.
    Good stuff here! Id like to add in holding the stomach vacuum and performing crunches or any ab work for that matter seems to really get them going!
    "I'm worried about deadlifts too. I mean the word "dead" has got to be in there for a reason. Are you sure they won't kill me?" - olympic

vesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks ecto

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Treadmill?
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails