INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Newbie questions...please help...

Hi everyone! My name's Nick and as you can tell by my post count I am brand new to the board. When I found this site two weeks ago I was draqwn to BigRed's articles and have been trying to follow his advice. I just have a few questions:
    I am 5'7 and 148lbs. I've worked out on and off last year, but have started up again on the 1st of Jan. with the goal of getting ripped by June. I don't think I am setting my goal too high. I have a bowflex at home and have used creatine and protein before and are not objected to using them again. BTW - I am 20.
    Okay, BigRed recommended Optimum's 100% Whey, is there a brand of creatine that you all could recommend?
    I do 20-30min. of cardio after my workouts, but my abs are still in the deep freeze. Is there a SAFE supplement that I could use to cut the fat?
    If I use a fat burning supp. and the fat is gone and I achieve my goal, do I keep using it?

I train 3xs per week only doing BIG muscles once per week. I also lift BIG with few reps (6-10) on the big muscles.
    I wanna use protein, multivitamins, creatine, and a SAFE fat cutter of some sort. Since I am in college, eating habits tend to be sporatic and not healthy at times.
    If someone could help me address these issues I would greatly appreciate it!
    Thanks in advance!
    Nick

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What od you mean you want to get ripped? Do you want to lose fat to get "ripped"(as in having lines goin through your body), or do you want ot gain musclemass.

Because being ripped and musclemass are usually used in a completely different context.

As for creatine, any is good AS LONG as it is creatine monohydrate in POWDERED FORM, dont get the pills or syrum or anyhting like that, just pure powder.

slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Gmav

As for creatine, any is good AS LONG as it is creatine monohydrate in POWDERED FORM, dont get the pills or syrum or anyhting like that, just pure powder. [/B]
    I'm sure you've heard that the creatine serum is no good. Some people say it's unstable. Well, I use the serum and have had great gains in stregth, mass, and speed. And, there are no side effects like the ones that supposedly come from the powder form. A good brand to buy is ATP Advantage. It comes from Muscle Marketing USA and can be found at GNC. It has too many advantages over the powder to list here, but check it out for yourself and you will see. Oh yeah, I know someone is gonna reply saying it's not stable, but it's guaranteed stable for 2 years by the company.

Alancito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by slash347

I'm sure you've heard that the creatine serum is no good. Some people say it's unstable. Well, I use the serum and have had great gains in stregth, mass, and speed. And, there are no side effects like the ones that supposedly come from the powder form. A good brand to buy is ATP Advantage. It comes from Muscle Marketing USA and can be found at GNC. It has too many advantages over the powder to list here, but check it out for yourself and you will see. Oh yeah, I know someone is gonna reply saying it's not stable, but it's guaranteed stable for 2 years by the company.
    THE ANSWER TO YOUR WHOLE POST IS ... NO

NO NO NO
    "Life is a superfluous circular paradox with an oxymoron in every corner." - My Grandma (who doesn't speak english)

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Originally posted by slash347

Guaranteed by the company? Duh..
    Creatine is NOT stable in liquid. If you knew the chemical makeup you would know this.
    You made gains!! Good job.
    But, it was probably from the Placebo sydrome and you it ill energize you, considering it is syrup. So I'm glad you have some gains, but they were probably minimul.

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is my recommendation to you..... nothign will work unless your diet and exercise programs are correct..... your first suppliement should be a multi-vitamen and your second should be protein powder or a weight gainer, depending on your goals.

4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4 plates has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The fastest way to get big and ripped quick is with free weights not a ****ing bowflex

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine serum is crap. When it was tested the lab assay showed it only had .1% of the creatine that it claimed. Pretty poor quality control if you ask me. Now 2 answer the initial questions. any brand of creatine will do as long as it is micronized creatine monohydrate. If you want info on cutting try reading my article. www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne1.htm
    Peace bro PM me if you need more answers.

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i didnt know that your body could dechiper if it was using freeweights, machines, cables, etc, and make a preference of one over the other........ what im tryign to get at is your body cant tell the difference.

INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10) INSSANE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I would definitly go for powdered creatine, I have used Cell Tech (I know) in the past and it was OK but very expensive.
    For right now, I am trying to bulk up. I will use multivitamins, creatine, and protein supplements.
    As for workout routines, I am following BigRed's articles and doing well.
    And if you've ever used a bowflex CONSITENTLY, it does work my friend. Your muscles really don't know the difference and some don't have space for alot of equipment.
    Does my plan sound good? When's a good time to start cutting if I want my abs to show by June?
    Nick

Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by joehagyHH
    i didnt know that your body could dechiper if it was using freeweights, machines, cables, etc, and make a preference of one over the other........ what im tryign to get at is your body cant tell the difference.
    What so your sayin someone can just use all machines in there workout?i dont think that would work to well..your muscles cant tell a diff in the kind of resistance but with machines its a restricted range of motion which is not a good thing..i doubt u can get the same results with bowflex as with free weights..just my .02 cents..Tyler

RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by joehagyHH
    Of course your body can tell the difference. The resistance is sometimes constant or not constant depending on your choice of equipment (ie cables provide constant tension whereas dumbells do not in some motions it is simple physics). I'd kick away the bowflex. If bowflex is all you got at least do pullups, dips, pushups. Dips can be done by putting two chairs together if you dont have a dip bar. If you are in a bunk bed you can lay on the lower bunk, grab the bar that runs across the top bunk and pull your body upwards while keeping legs on bed (kinda like cable rows) be creative if you don't have access to the gym, because personally I think the bowflex is crap.

Well, we'll have to see how crappy bowflex is in June. Stick to the topic.
    Nick