rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100)

Exclamation Flu vaccine: Good or bad?

Will you get the vaccine?
    I'm a bit concerned. What if it does more harm then it does good?
    After all things like mercury don't belong in the body. Who knows what the long-term side effects of those vaccines are?

applesauce the destroyer sanpedro's Avatar
    sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's great i got it about 3 weeks ago with no adverse reactions

it didn't even hurt this time
    .(>^_^).> <3

|||----.(^_^).----|||
    cutting
    HIIT sprints
    swimming

wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nothing wrong with flu vaccines...
    neither does it guarantee a protection against flu...

It's just a weakened form of the virus..
    Scientist predict which strain is going to be around in the season, and they just make weakened ones of tht strain (selecting from their collection) as vaccines...

imwithpillsbury has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imwithpillsbury has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imwithpillsbury has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imwithpillsbury has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    already got it awhile ago

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its pretty useless. A guessing game. Someone young, eating right and working out shouldn't have to worry about getting a shot.

Let the old people and young children get it.
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbcrump is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IraHays
    Its pretty useless. A guessing game. Someone young, eating right and working out shouldn't have to worry about getting a shot.

Let the old people and young children get it.
    I agree 100%, even had this conversation with my wife recently.

Hockey_SD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Definatly get the flu shot and even better get the flu mist. the flu shot is an inactive virus that should cover the flu season, but will eventually wear off, but the flu mist is a weakened live virus that has a broader spectrum base and builds natural immunity. this is the same type of vaccine as MMR, Measles, mumps, and rubella, and you have your fist one as an infant, and depending on your age, a few years later or in high school you will have your 2nd. this then covers you for life.

when your body builds natural immunity, it will protect you from that strain, for supposed life.

The flu mist is just squirted up your nose, and you can't get the flu from either vaccine. if you qualify for the flu vaccine, flu mist is a better choice.

I work in health care in infection control, so this is one of my specialities, so if you have anyother questions, just ask.

also, if you don't get the shot and get actual influenzia, it will take you down for at least a week

rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100) rudolph is not very well liked. (-100)
    But I read that the vaccine is useless because the virus which it contains is from last year and this means that the new flu might be totally different.

it might be, but it is better that you attemp to protect yourself. most likely it will help cover you.

there are already confirmed cases if influenzia in the mid west.

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    From what I know, they look at what flu bug is going around the southern hemisphere and use that to prep the flue vaccines. It may or may not be the same virus.

Don't get me wrong, I think the flu shot is a good thing for the elderly and infants. Many people don't realize how many die from the flue every year. But for a healthy adult, I really don't see the need. Load up on vitamin C.

Another concern I have are the claims it might create a "super flu." I haven't done a lot of reading on the subject, so I cannot make an educated comment. Anyone have opinons? Hockey?
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

I think I heard that Tamiflu doesn't work is this true?
    Or it is safe?

willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have not had a flu shot in 10 years, maybe they are better now, but they always made me feel like somebody beat me with a rubber hose packed with damp sand. I have not gotten the flu since I stopped gettin them. I am not a person at grave risk if I got the flu, so that is MY choice.

Bill
    Not owned by anybody, not selling anything

If I was owned I would put a bunch of links here to try to get you to buy things that don't work :-)

IF I was selling stuff that didnt work I would put links to it here :-)

If something other than eating the proper amount of clean food and working hard would help you attain your goals a link to it would be right here :-)

But if you don't get the vaccine does this mean that if somebody who has the flu coughs next to you and you inhale the same air then you already have it?
    This would suck! I use buses and trains and I cannot lock myself in my room and escape all other people.

willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well this is the same as happens when you get the vaccine, but the guy next to you has a virus that wasnt in the vaccine, which seems to happen EVERY year :-)

Bill
    Not owned by anybody, not selling anything

If I was owned I would put a bunch of links here to try to get you to buy things that don't work :-)

IF I was selling stuff that didnt work I would put links to it here :-)

If something other than eating the proper amount of clean food and working hard would help you attain your goals a link to it would be right here :-)

Originally Posted by IraHays
    From what I know, they look at what flu bug is going around the southern hemisphere and use that to prep the flue vaccines. It may or may not be the same virus.

Don't get me wrong, I think the flu shot is a good thing for the elderly and infants. Many people don't realize how many die from the flue every year. But for a healthy adult, I really don't see the need. Load up on vitamin C.

Another concern I have are the claims it might create a "super flu." I haven't done a lot of reading on the subject, so I cannot make an educated comment. Anyone have opinons? Hockey?

i haven't heard any claims about the "super flu" related to getting vaccinated. i do think that if you are between the ages of 5 to 49, and have no long term serious health conditions you should get the flu mist.

as for rudolf's comment on tama flu, that is given if you actually get influenza, and it can shorten your flu symptoms for a day or 2 if you get it right away, other wise it isn't any good.

we have 6,000 employees at the hospital i work at and part of my job is to try to ensure most, would be great if all, but that won't happen, get eith flu mist or the shot. this is all statistic based on the effectiveness.