StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Muscle Spasms/pulsating muscles???

I get random muscle spasms, not painful at all but still confusing. It's when one of my muscles starts pulsating, or kind of flexing itself on and off very reapidly for a short period of time. I can stop it by flexing, but shortly after I relax it, it will start jumping again. I was wondering if this was a bad thing and/or if this was due to a lack of nutrition in a certain area. Let me be clear that this isn't cramping, just a muscle like my bicep or deltoid pulsing rapidly. I wasn't sure where to post this, any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10) victormu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How are your pottasium and your electrolites?
    "Love like your life depends on it, live like love is the only thing worth living for"
    "Train because you love to, train because you love yourself"

rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

re:

same thing happens to me but in the shoulder i seperated about 3 years ago...damn thing just starts going crazy sometimes...doesnt hurt, just looks and feels like its hooked up to a stim machine. You can actually see the muscle twitching...its kinda cool but gets annoying when it wont stop.
    "I am not what you would call a handsome man. The good Lord chose not to bless me with... with charm, athletic ability... or a fully functional brain. You see, you're an inspriation, to all of us who... who weren't born handsome, and charming and cool."

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal- a commitment to excellence- that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rugby06
    same thing happens to me but in the shoulder i seperated about 3 years ago...damn thing just starts going crazy sometimes...doesnt hurt, just looks and feels like its hooked up to a stim machine. You can actually see the muscle twitching...its kinda cool but gets annoying when it wont stop.
    might wanna tell a doctor about that

rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

re:

it doesnt hurt...just pulses sometimes. I did some damage to it and it doesnt take kindly to the hell i put it through on shoulder days. I also cant throw a ball worth a damn anymore without paying for it the next day, but whatever...thats another story for a thread somewhere other then Nutrition.
    "I am not what you would call a handsome man. The good Lord chose not to bless me with... with charm, athletic ability... or a fully functional brain. You see, you're an inspriation, to all of us who... who weren't born handsome, and charming and cool."

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal- a commitment to excellence- that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it doesnt hurt...just pulses sometimes. I did some damage to it and it doesnt take kindly to the hell i put it through on shoulder days. I also cant throw a ball worth a damn anymore without paying for it the next day, but whatever...thats another story for a thread somewhere other then Nutrition.
    i serioucly would get it checked out u might have some blood circulation issues

re

if my arm ever starts going numb or turning blue i'll get it checked out. but this happened 3 years ago and i've talked to a bunch of other guys who said since seperating a shoulder it was never the same, whether it be range of motion or whatever. probably some scar tissue in there...and i dont have the $$ to pay for the Doc at the moment. but thanks for the concern

txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txjump12500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back to Swole...

If it's what I think it is, nothing to worry about it and am shocked you have never felt it before in your life. I don't know the science of it offhand, but it's not uncommon to me. Not often, just not uncommon. I maybe feel something like that once a month or two. I was actually feeling it on my right tri last week over a couple days off and on.

To be clear, no pain. And it's not like the whole muscle is "flexing" (like it doesnt cause a joint to bend). It's more like a twitch.

I can ask my trainer about the science of it. I suspect, it's nothing more than your nervous system reacting to a stimulus (like if you recently did a lift in that area).

My nutrition is very good virtually all the time. So am not sure it's really a nutrition problem or anything. It's probably something like when your leg just jerks suddenly when you are really relaxed and have been stressed.

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i get these in my upper back alot, can feel it twitching - no pain, no discomfort, just odd
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah I get that **** from time to time, I'm doing fine

ziki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i used to get those in my arms. kinda annoying when you're trying to sleep. nothing like that has happened to me in a while, but i did wake up one morning with a numb middle finger back when i started lifting again after a few weeks (wow that's a huge run-on). Anyways, my finger was numb for like 4 days, I was flipping out.

hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000)
    I get them once in a while, too. Last week it was my biceps. Today it was my eyebrow area.

re

dude the eye is the worst....my damn eye was twicthing for weeks. I probably need glasses but dont have the money at the moment...it was annoying as all hell. Some people said it was stress, but nothing in my life was stressing me out.

StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StudentOfSwole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ya I figured it was probably nothing. I've had it happen for a long time, but only when I've been working out hard (I used to slack every now and then...). Just never had a forum to ask the question, and nobody else seemed to know what I was talking about. Good to know it happens to a lot of us.

tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if my arm ever starts going numb or turning blue i'll get it checked out. but this happened 3 years ago and i've talked to a bunch of other guys who said since seperating a shoulder it was never the same, whether it be range of motion or whatever. probably some scar tissue in there...and i dont have the $$ to pay for the Doc at the moment. but thanks for the concern
    lol it's not circulation issues ... and the twitching is fine - happens to everyone. The fact that you can no longer throw a baseball is not good - did you ever do anything about that separated shoulder or did you just let it heal on its own?
    2007 INBF Long Island Experience:
    1st Place Novice Lightweight & Overall
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003296.htm

Nothing to worry about. I had one a few weeks ago in my left eyelid. Pain in the butt. Now it's moved over to the muscle right above my left ear.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Yes, I think everyone gets them, especially from caffeine. However, ANYTING that seems severe or unusually persistent to the point of being worrisome is absolutely a cause for checking with a medical professional.

As an example, years ago, after a back injury, I had twitching in my calf muscle that was a direct result of the injury. Since healing, it has been long gone. So mine was due to a nerve pinch.
    Don't blow anything off that seems unusual, it's not worth risking you health and well being IMO.
    "it's always a good day to start lifting"
    Flex Magazine, Mar. '07, pg.44

"There is no secret routine, there is no magical number of reps and sets. What there is, is confidence, belief, hard work on a consistant basis, and a desire to succeed. This is what I mean when I say accept your limits and when the time is right, you will push right through your limits time and time again, mentally and physically."
    --Steve Justa

Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    These are normal and are called benign muscle fasculations. When i first got them in 99 i looked up muscle twitching on the internet and was scared to death i had ALS.... lol turns out alot of people get them. If you keep getting them in the same area and you notice weakness in that area then its cause for concern. But if you get a pop here and a pop there you are fine.
    Bench press 375x1
    Squat 480x1
    Deadlift 460x1 with straps

Currently Lean Bulking

re

Originally Posted by tweaked17
    lol it's not circulation issues ... and the twitching is fine - happens to everyone. The fact that you can no longer throw a baseball is not good - did you ever do anything about that separated shoulder or did you just let it heal on its own?

Yeah i went to therapy for about 8 weeks if i remember correctly....but then i went right back to playing. anytime i hit someone the arm went dead for a few minutes...after the horrible pain first went away. i probably did more damage, but i wanted to finish out the season

Rustys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem, Its pulsates but then its painless ... the reason why this happens is cuz of low potassium in your body or your diet. I heard a number of reasons which can also account for, but for mine, it got better with the potassium intake cuz i went back and studied my diet where i was losing out on essential minerals and vitamins
    Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret

Your body hears everything your mind says

hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltopper1993 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rugby06 View Post
    I have the same thing on the front of my left shoulder. It feels strangely... Interesting? You know what I mean, it can't be described.
    Ideologically motivated to fight stupidity, socialism, communism, and marxism at every turn. <---- Stupidity and the other 3 often go hand and hand.

Current (Goal before fall break)
    bench: 215 (230)
    Squat: 270 (300)
    Dead: 255 (300)
    OHP 6 reps: 130 (145)

1 mile: 6:41 (6:00)
    2 mile: 13:58 (13:00)

Registered User FatalityBoyZahy's Avatar
    FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatalityBoyZahy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to resurrect this thread.. But I started getting muscle spasms in my upper left pectoral muscle last night... It's not my heart or anything, just my upper pec. Looks kinda cool actually but it is getting annoying. I haven't had bananas/gatorade in a while.. Could that be the problem?
    Trying to strengthen myself both mentally and physically.

USMC

SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FatalityBoyZahy View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread.. But I started getting muscle spasms in my upper left pectoral muscle last night... It's not my heart or anything, just my upper pec. Looks kinda cool actually but it is getting annoying. I haven't had bananas/gatorade in a while.. Could that be the problem?
    Electrolyte

calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get them sometimes too in my legs. I read a while back that people can get them for various causes (like a watery poo), but it's usually from magnesium.

Try taking a multivitimin, worked for me last time!

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I get them sometimes.. I just punch the area until it goes away.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    I get them sometimes.. I just punch the area until it goes away.

What if you get it in your balls..

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    What if you get it in your balls..
    Then I make sure I put leather chaps on and an apple in my mouth first. Oh.. and I also acquire a Swedish girl with a whip
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /