ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hiit vs running? for weight loss

which is better for weight loss, and i don't mean a slow 15 min run, i mean a medium 8 min mile 30-45min run vs the Hiit or what ever its called. just curuios if that hiit is that much better or not.

thanks

youngm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From what I've read, EPOC as a result of HIIT is over-rated.

I personally prefer to burn more calories by jogging at a moderate intensity (~80-85% MHR) for 40 minutes on the treadmill, than burning half the calories doing 20min of HIIT. Just my personal opinion

Try both and do what works for you...

out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10) out of shape is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do both. Do hiit once a week, and run the other days. Put it in randomly in your running schedule. Do not do HIIT more than twice a week, it puts a strain on the body.

From what I understood of hiit, you loose the same amount of calories in less time, especially postwork out.

If anything, do HIIT to help with endurance and keep your muscles second guessing.
    my right arm bicep is bigger than my left!

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    mix both for the fact they complement eachother...
    for fat loss, imo hiit is the king of kings....not to mention a lot more stimulating, but i believe softer running for longer periods of time is also a good helper when u wanna relax and dont wanna burn out, plus it helps your overall fitness levels aswell so you'll be able to go harder on the hiit again and vice versa.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511