Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Catabolism after glycogen depletion?

hi, what's up ?

I'm wondering WHEN you start catabolic-phase, releasing hormones for using muscle as energy ? (donīt forget this question)

Is that after your glycogen storages have been completely depleted? And has this any effect on regeneration of muscle between workouts (i.e. going into catabolic environment often would greatly decrease your energy recourses for your next workout?)

lets say your glycogen storage is 0(empty) - 100(full). After workouts, how low would your glycogen be? (e.g. 30?) and can you reach anabolism after workout, without having fully loaded your storage ?

I mean, post-workout shake consisting of simple carbs and whey protein (obviously containing BCAA's), does that "little" shake have what it takes for your body to regenerate all that glycogen lost during workout ? Or does it put "some" back into place and despite that, could you body still be in an anabolic state? (is it as effective whilst being low on glycogen?)

I'm really curious on this subject, so detailed replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Trink
    hi, what's up ?

I'm wondering WHEN you start catabolic-phase, releasing hormones for using muscle as energy ? (donīt forget this question)

Is that after your glycogen storages have been completely depleted? And has this any effect on regeneration of muscle between workouts (i.e. going into catabolic environment often would greatly decrease your energy recourses for your next workout?)

lets say your glycogen storage is 0(empty) - 100(full). After workouts, how low would your glycogen be? (e.g. 30?) and can you reach anabolism after workout, without having fully loaded your storage ?

I mean, post-workout shake consisting of simple carbs and whey protein (obviously containing BCAA's), does that "little" shake have what it takes for your body to regenerate all that glycogen lost during workout ? Or does it put "some" back into place and despite that, could you body still be in an anabolic state? (is it as effective whilst being low on glycogen?)

I'm really curious on this subject, so detailed replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.
    Read:
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&cd=11
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&cd=20
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...a&ct=clnk&cd=8
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anabolism and catabolism are always happening. It is the net effect, ie which happens more, that counts. Obviously if your glycogen stores and fuller, more anabolism will occur and vice versa. Though other factors do play in this.

It's not so exact as you think, your body won't wait until your hepatic glycogen is zero to start catabolising muscle tissue.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The first link talks about depleting glycogen and then loading up, for runners that want to increase performance, and it stated that it had no effect (that's the gist of it)

The second link you provided was mainly about injuries, and how to reduce them with high glycogen storages.

The third link, well, I really donīt think that is of much use.

very few of my wuestions were answered, and please donīt search "glycogen depletion storage" and send me the links. I read what is given, but have the decency to at least compare searches with actual content.

Thanks a lot, and I would want to hear from someone else.

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The first link talks about depleting glycogen and then loading up, for runners that want to increase performance, and it stated that it had no effect (that's the gist of it)

The second link you provided was mainly about injuries, and how to reduce them with high glycogen storages.

The third link, well, I really donīt think that is of much use.

very few of my wuestions were answered, and please donīt search "glycogen depletion storage" and send me the links. I read what is given, but have the decency to at least compare searches with actual content.

Thanks a lot, and I would want to hear from someone else.
    No worries , just trying to help out. You seem like an angry person.

Ok then here's my take off the cuff. Your body will use stored fats after glycogen has been depleted. A person really needs to be at an extremely high level of effort before glycogen stores in the blood, the last place the body will look for glycogen will be exausted. If your working out 3 or 4 days a week and have a health diet which includes some carbs PWO 50g to 80 g you can easily replenish 60 to 70% of your glycogen and most after the next 10 hours. A 1 hour workout will more than likely not put you in a catabolic state if you eat a few carbs prior to your workout..... pb on whole wheat is my cure 1 hour before I workout. Then PWO a shake with dex/malt. IMO

Originally Posted by garlichead
    No worries , just trying to help out. You seem like an angry person.
    Yes, I am... a very, very bitter young man that isnīt really satisfied with anything

Na, sorry guys if I come of too strong, just frustrated that there are no actual answers to this topic, but if you know them in detail, please share.

Yes, I am... a very, very bitter young man that isnīt really satisfied with anything

Na, sorry guys if I come of too strong, just frustrated that there are no actual answers to this topic, but if you know them in detail, please share.
    At the top of the page you might want to take a look at this:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

alan's the go to guy and it's a long thread but it will more than likely answer most of your questions.