Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool **WATER- The Ill Effects of Too Much H20**

Originally Posted by Trung Q Pham, MD

Background: Hypernatremia is an electrolyte problem that is not uncommon, especially in elderly people who are hospitalized. Poor water intake, inability to express thirst, insensible water loss, or increased urinary water loss lead to dehydration and an increased concentration of serum electrolytes relative to water.

The development of hyperosmolality from the water loss leads to neuronal cell shrinkage and resultant brain injury. Loss of volume leads to circulatory problems (eg, tachycardia, hypotension). Water replacement can lead to cerebral edema.

Pathophysiology: The fundamental problem is that hypernatremia strictly defined is hyperosmolality, ie, an overall deficit of total body water. This deficit accrues by 2 mechanisms, which are inadequate fluid intake and water loss. Because thirst is a potent mechanism in the response to hyperosmolality, hypernatremia patients either have an inadequate thirst mechanism or have an inability to respond to thirst. If the thirst response to hyperosmolality is impaired, ongoing water losses raise serum sodium concentration. Ongoing water losses include insensible (always) water in excess of solute or renal loss (with a solute diuresis such as hyperglycemia or water diuresis). Increased sodium intake (salt tablets) is a rare cause of hypernatremia in hot, humid weather. The brain cell response to hypernatremia is critical and is contained in Image 1.

The keys to the pathophysiology of hypernatremia include the following:

Thirst should lead to water intake.

Vasopressin is critical to water reabsorption in the cortical collecting tubule.

The CNS is sensitive to changes in osmolality.

Water may be lost by renal and extrarenal mechanisms.

Frequency:

In the US: Overall, incidence ranges from 0.12-3.5% in hospitalized patients. Hypernatremia is most prevalent in the geriatric population.
    Mortality/Morbidity:

The mortality rate across all age groups is approximately 45%.
    The mortality rate in the geriatric age group is as high as 79%.
    Race: No race predilection exists.

Sex:No sex predilection exists.

The groups most commonly affected are elderly people and young people.
    People typically affected are aged 59-83 years.
    After reading this I think I'm going to stop drinking water.
    Last edited by deserusan; 10-21-2006 at 04:33 PM.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Millennium Sport Rep Millennium 1's Avatar
    Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, I think I'll switch to an all pepsi regimen. High fructose corn syrup sounds much safer now.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Rep.

support[at]millenniumsport.net

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ms/ms.htm

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Millennium 1
    Yeah, I think I'll switch to an all pepsi regimen. High fructose corn syrup sounds much safer now.
    I'm going to avoid milk too because it contains both water and arachidonic acid. Sounds like a lethal combo.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yea, stop drinking water. Its a great idea!

Originally Posted by COOP1
    yea, stop drinking water. Its a great idea!
    Better safe than sorry

Heretic....

Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE

Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.

Research conducted by award-winning U.S. scientist Nathan Zohner concluded that roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. Although his results are preliminary, Zohner believes people need to pay closer attention to the information presented to them regarding Dihydrogen Monoxide. He adds that if more people knew the truth about DHMO then studies like the one he conducted would not be necessary.

A similar study conducted by U.S. researchers Patrick K. McCluskey and Matthew Kulick also found that nearly 90 percent of the citizens participating in their study were willing to sign a petition to support an outright ban on the use of Dihydrogen Monoxide in the United States.
    Is it true that using DHMO improves athletic performance?

Absolutely! With the numerous allegations of amateur and professional athletes using anabolic steroids and/or blood doping to enhance performance, virtually no attention has been paid to the performance enhancing properties of Dihydrogen Monoxide. It is perhaps the sporting world's dirtiest of dirty little secrets that athletes regularly ingest large quantities of DHMO in an effort to gain a competitive edge over an opponent.

One technique commonly used by endurance athletes in sports such as distance running and cycling is to take a large amount of DHMO immediately prior to a race. This is known within racing circles to dramatically improve performance.

Sports-medicine physicians warn that ingesting too much Dihydrogen Monoxide can lead to complications and unwanted side-effects, but do acknowledge the link to improved performance. DHMO is not currently considered a banned substance, so post-race urine tests do not detect elevated or abnormal levels of DHMO.
    http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
    BLAP BLAP BLAPB APBLAP PLAB BAPB BP@P BLAPL APBLL LBAP

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    - Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Millennium 1 is just really nice. (+1000)

*Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) *Zeus* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    About the whole hypernatremia argument...All you need is a pack of crackers or something with salt and sugar. Marathon runners get this often because they drink too much water and do not consume enough electrolytes. The human body can comfortably consume around 320z of water every 20 minutes. And if you are extremely dehydrated you should not chug water at your first chance to drink it, or else you might vomit only becoming more dehydrated. Water is necessary, however, and even when you are not thirsty you can still be dehydrated.

Originally Posted by *Zeus*
    About the whole hypernatremia argument...All you need is a pack of crackers or something with salt and sugar. Marathon runners get this often because they drink too much water and do not consume enough electrolytes. The human body can comfortably consume around 320z of water every 20 minutes. And if you are extremely dehydrated you should not chug water at your first chance to drink it, or else you might vomit only becoming more dehydrated. Water is necessary, however, and even when you are not thirsty you can still be dehydrated.
    It still scares me. I'm letting my sink and shower run 24/7 to waste all the water so no one else will suffer from it.

Heretic....

ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ENGMED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys, too much water would be hyponatremia, not hypernatremia.

People think you are serious Des! Funny!

Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ENGMED
    He's right...now I don't feel so stupid for being utterly confused by what you guys/that study was talking about haha...things just seemed...backwards?

Hyponatremia is defined as an abnormally low level of sodium ions in the blood, which can be caused by drinking too much water without adequately replacing electrolytes...

*takes a sip of water* What are you talking about?

Heretic....

Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol okay now I get it...I knew he was joking, just didn't know he was also joking about being completely backwards with the terminology lol

Originally Posted by deserusan
    *takes a sip of water* What are you talking about?
    Damnit! Stop f*cking with my headdddd man....I'm currently experiencing neuronal cell shrinkage from a bad case of hyperosmolality...damnit just leave me alone lol

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ENGMED
    I was wondering when people were going to notice this was about the loss of water, not drinking too much.

Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

Originally Posted by Harry83
    Damnit! Stop f*cking with my headdddd man....I'm currently experiencing neuronal cell shrinkage from a bad case of hyperosmolality...damnit just leave me alone lol
    It's probably because you had too much water

Heretic....

Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just drank a whole litre of water, now I'm worried it might kill me.. if I puke it back up does that make me bulimic? OMG... I'm skeered.

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know what is funnier: the talk in this thread or the fact that most don't even understand the article at all
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

Originally Posted by chlaxman
    I don't know what is funnier: the talk in this thread or the fact that most don't even understand the article at all
    You are giving my wit a boner!

Heretic....

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    Another fantastic thread my firend, reps!!!
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

whoisurdaddyandwutduzhedo BIG F@CE's Avatar
    BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ive already given up water and now drink.......shampoo
    kick a frog

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dihydrogen Monoxide Needs to be BANNED ASAP!

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Water is for sissys I drink pure 100% grade A pussy juice
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

Originally Posted by IntensityX
    WOW!

Heretic....

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    Watch out for the smattering of man juice that's invariably mixed in. Might be part of the extraction procedure, not too sure. And the grade B ****, you don't even want to know where that comes from or what else is in it.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

Originally Posted by wanderlei
    Watch out for the smattering of man juice that's invariably mixed in. Might be part of the extraction procedure, not too sure. And the grade B ****, you don't even want to know where that comes from or what else is in it.
    The Grade B stuff is still good and effective as long as you increase your daily water intake by 128 additonal ounces!

Unregistered User NoNameNecessary's Avatar
    NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Clearly, you haven't discovered the ethyl ester version. The esterification process makes it 300x more potent.
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
    -Proverbs 19:21

OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

5 stars
    ♛ ♛

Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deserusan
    After reading this I think I'm going to stop drinking water.

What about the new water methyl ethyl ester I am working on? You'll do it, run a log, whatever...

BK