Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drukqs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Butt doesn't burn after squats...

...am I doing them wrong? I stand with my feet slightly wider than shoulder width and go at least to parallel, lower if I can. Afterwards my thighs burn, but I don't feel anything in my glutes. Leg presses yield the same results.

Any suggestions?

rgreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rgreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go ATG, if you can't do hack squats ATG, you'll feel it.
    my journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=906275

Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Couple (at least) of options for you. Make sure you're getting a full contraction of your ass at the top of the lift. Alternatively, you can work your glutes separately with glute ham raises.
    100% Natural

timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do you really want a big ass?

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    If you want your butt to burn sit over a fire.
    LOL, yeah!

BTW, your LEGS should burn after squats...or at least you should feel the exercise working them.

TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    vary your position/stance.

Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try a spicy curry.. that should sort your tolly ring out
    Altius, Citius, Forcius...

(corrected)

Nothing in this world is impossible to acheive given enough time, effort and polo mints

what did the cannibal do after he dumped his girlfriend?

flush

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Drukqs
    ...am I doing them wrong? I stand with my feet slightly wider than shoulder width and go at least to parallel, lower if I can. Afterwards my thighs burn, but I don't feel anything in my glutes. Leg presses yield the same results.

Any suggestions?
    Are you concentrating on sitting back into the squat. Some sit down into the squat and that is why they feel heavy quad recruitment. Sit back and you should feel more glute and hamstring involvement. If you still don't, add in some reverse lunges. These really hammer the glutes. Bulgarian squats are anothers.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by papi93
    Are you concentrating on sitting back into the squat. Some sit down into the squat and that is why they feel heavy quad recruitment. Sit back and you should feel more glute and hamstring involvement. If you still don't, add in some reverse lunges. These really hammer the glutes. Bulgarian squats are anothers.

Listen to pappi

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't get a pump or a burn anywhere when I do squats... except the rare occasion I don't feel like going heavy and dick around with higher reps. Even so my legs/ass have shown the most improvement compared to the rest of my body over the last year. Moral of the story you don't need to feel the burn to grow, just give it some time and keep moving more weight and your ass will grow.

Other exercises that will help your ass situation and more importantly help you squat more:

Good mornings
    Romanian deadlifts
    Cable pull throughs
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

Is loving box squats! Lean_and_Mean's Avatar
    Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jneves
    I don't get a pump or a burn anywhere when I do squats... except the rare occasion I don't feel like going heavy and dick around with higher reps. Even so my legs/ass have shown the most improvement compared to the rest of my body over the last year. Moral of the story you don't need to feel the burn to grow, just give it some time and keep moving more weight and your ass will grow.

Other exercises that will help your ass situation and more importantly help you squat more:

Good mornings
    Romanian deadlifts
    Cable pull throughs
    Listen to this guy. I dont get a burn anywhere when I do squats and I hardly get a leg pump, but I do get a good pump in my back. My legs and glutes have deffinately grown and my poundages are constantly increasing, you dont need to feel a pump or burn to grow, you just need to squat hard and heavy!
    6'1" 230 pounds of wannabee powerlifter

Check out my sweet journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1011911

Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i feel i've got more gains from SLDLs than squats regarding my ass.

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Drukqs
    Afterwards my thighs burn, but I don't feel anything in my glutes.
    You should be thankful for that.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stationary barbell lunges
    ronnie coleman is a lardass.
    benching max - 495
    bicepts curl - 225

wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    glute activation greatly increases AFTER you break parallel.

Registered User Romanharper2013's Avatar
    Romanharper2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am having the same problem but I'm a 28 y/o female and SO new to all of this.. I have recently lost 40 lbs.. I wasn't "fat" before but definitely not toned or healthy because I had a baby who is 2 now and just NEVER had time to get back to working out like I used to, which I really enjoy. I am trying to figure out a workout plan and have NO idea where to start. I don't even knw how to start a new thread because I just joined this. Can someone pleaseee help me or point me in the right direction?? And ever since I've lost the last 40 lbs I CAN'T STOP LOOSING IT. And I'm not even doing anything! My metabolism is just high because I'm always on my feet or doing something.. So I'm starting to loose muscle too and I'm taking protein in but I just have no plan and need guidance.. anyone help??

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong bump
    strong 1st post

The force is strong in this one.

This is a great program for beginners (there are no sex specific programs, this will work great for women)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159678631

You need to get your diet correct ( calorie intake and learn about macros)
    start here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining