Thuman2944 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thuman2944 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question workout with no sleep

Since the days of college baseball I have gradually put on the lbs. And I'm now married with a baby daughter and looking to transform my body back to close the shape I was in about 8 yrs ago (need to drop about 40lbs).

I work nights 10pm-6am and I watch my daughter during the day while my wife is at work, so I basically get about 2-3 hours sleep per day during the week, but I sleep all weekend.

I'm working out at home with free weights and trying to get some cardio out of doing some cardio kickboxing in the house (since running outside and gym time is impossible)

my questions are:

Will this lack of sleep destroy any hopes of boosting my metabolism and putting on some lean muscle?

And since I'm pretty much like a zombie outside of work and workouts(caffeine assisted) from lack of sleep , I can't be on the go like I'd like, so am I fighting a losing battle with my schedule?

Any other advice?

stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewy37 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, lack of sleep isn't ideal, but you just have to adapt to your environment. You'll need to have a locked on diet. Low carbs is probably not the best way to go for you since you are already low on energy. Check out stuff by John Berardi.
    You also need to watch your volume. It will be very easy to overtrain, so listen to your body and back off when it is telling you too.
    Some exercise is better than none. Also, as you get in better shape, your overall energy levels will go up.
    Don't lose hope, and don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. If you really want to succeed you will.

Registered User francorodriguez's Avatar
    francorodriguez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sleeping is just as important as training or lifting, when you workout its the time you tear your muscles tissue and sleeping is the time your body repairs the damage tissue.... since you said that you sleep whole weekend why dont you work your big muscles on that day like the chest back and legs.. then on your week days work the smaller groups of muscle then add water and eat every 2 or 3 hours with high protein food not full just satisfied... hope this one help by the are you working in a call center? where you from?

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can you take naps? Do nap time with your daughter, your body will thank you. Keep up good carbs and energy. Maybe look into energy supplements to help out. Also, take a good multi and vitamin c and glutamine to keep your immunse system up.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel