mesomorph in training miss_carrie's Avatar
    miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000) miss_carrie is just really nice. (+1000)

figure competition coach question

To the ladies that compete: how did you find your coach/trainer? I have been searching online for something around the Philadelphia area without much luck..I called the gyms near my house to see if anyone there has experience training someone for a figure comp, still no luck. I am not sure what else to do!! I am definitely new at this (not to lifting, just comp dieting and competing!) and I would really like someone experienced to help me along the way. Anyone know of any other resources I might be able to use?
    i have 5 cats

bubblebooty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used an internet coach. i found him by reading the various fitness web sites. if you don't have or particularly need some one right there with you, then all of the top coaches do internet coaching.

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You could try MsFit. She does online training. She very experienced and I am using her right now and very happy.

http://www.femalebodybuildingsite.co...g/training.htm
    Julia

Badass in Training *supermomma*'s Avatar
    *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just be cautious hiring an online trainer -- some are amazing, and some are far from it.

bubblebooty -- I think I recognize your pic from EP? If so, your trainer is obviously one of those good ones lol...
    Friends don't let friends use pink dumbbells.

admin @ realbodiestraining.com

Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rippedtohell is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb

check out Laynes contest prep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne17.htm

also, if you search his main page, (toward the bottom of that link) there will be many articles on contest preperation. They start from a couple months to one week out..He even has carb/ sodium loading for the contest..Read up on all those and you should be in great shape.

HardBodyGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used the guys from Pro Fitness Consults.... They are great, they are doing the website now. But I found them on EliteIronbodybuilding.com .. I have a few friends there that directed me.. You could try them !

Fitness Factory IFBB Pro Beefcake Girl's Avatar
    Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love my trainer as everyone knows and obviously recommend him, but there are some other good ones out there too

Best advice I have is look at the trainer's clientele. Not just for results (although this is important---train with someone who trains the best, the people you want to take after) but overall health and attitude too. I find that a good trainer generally has clients that are healthy and able to compete time and time again. And they enjoy competing and are happy with the whole process, not just stepping onstage. There are a few trainers I have never met but I would certainly say I would NEVER train with them. The girls they work with are miserable. Not only are their physiques less than what they could be but they suffer during contest prep and then the blow up like balloons afterwards. Because the whole process is so rough on them, they are only able to compete maybe once per year and some of them never make it past their first show. They have unhealthy bodies and mentalities and that right there is something I want no part of. Granted it is not always the trainer's fault, sometimes girls get themselves into trouble by NOT doing the trainer's program but when you see girl after girl with the same result, you can draw a conclusion...just like when you see girl after girl succeeding and meeting their goals, you can draw a conclusion.

Of course once you contact someone, you should be able to get info on what their approach is to contest prep. They should tell you upfront what they do and what they expect. Personally, my trainer feeds us more than some, and he includes carbs everyday which some trainers only cycle into a diet. This approach is very foreign to some women, especially BB, and if they are not willing to try it, he is fine with that. He accepts that it is the client's choice and it is their obligation to pick someone who meshes with their expectations and tolerances too!

And I think it goes without saying that you want to pick someone with experience in dieting women. We are not just men in smaller bodies and we should be dieted and often trained differently.

If you are curious my trainer's site is www.mikedaviesfitness.com and he trains some of the best in the world. But certainly look at all your options...just because a trainer works for one person doesn't mean he will be a fit for you. And with all the sacrifice and discipline involved in contest prep, you want to make sure you are trust them 100% and are fully committed.
    2007 NPC Figure Class C National Champion
    IFBB PRO
    Optimum Nutrition Athlete
    VSX Team Trainer (Victoria's Secret Fitness)
    Fitness Factory Personal Trainer

"If it were easy, everyone would do it."