thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10) thaphoenix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am i an idiot refusing to give up?

I'm playing basketball for my second year now, and am absolutley in love with my sport. \But the cold hard fact is, i'm not very good, AND WORSE i'm a choker. I got cut from my school team and its my last year. To many this would be the sighn to give up basketball, but something won't let me give up. I play in a house league, but i dont think it will improve me much. And i want to play AA colege ball. I'm not going to give it up. I'm thinking of sighning up at a velocity gym, recreational ball at lunch at school. I'm a good mid range shooter, thats about it. But i think that if i actual have the assets needed to improve, i'm sure that i can go the distance. Could you even practice ball in velocity gyms?? I'm slow and can't jump for ****. But i really have no life, all my friends are stoners and weird characters and i basicaly play ball without any friends. Am i messesd up? Should i be striving for this, or am i just a lost cause?

GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWC62AC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't ever give up. I wasn't very good at football at all in high school, but I've been working, and while I'm not a starter, I'm not at the bottom of the depth chart for a Division 3 school. Anything's possible. Just don't ever, ever give up.

enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If its just sports in general or competition that you enjoy maybe you should try a different sport. There are SO MANY sports outside of the traditional basketball, football, track etc. There are many forms of martial arts, volleyball, table tennis, water polo, badmitton, soccer, rugby, rowing, tennis, raquetball, etc. If you live in a decent sized city you should be able to find plenty of alternative sports. I find that if you are good at something it is easier to stick with it and makes it more fun. Also, if you find a less traditional sport it may be easier to rise near the top sooner.

But if it really is basketball that you love, keep working on it. Either practice your ass off so you improve enough to accomplish your goals or just learn to enjoy playing recreationally. I agree, never give up!

Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you need to have confidence in yourself. you can't five a **** about what people think about you. get your ass to a basketball court and play your heart out. keep practicing on your skills. play some pickup games. the more you play, the better your skills will become.

CroaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CroaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CroaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CroaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Practice, Practice, Practice.

Jordan never made the team and he practiced his ass off and look where it got him.

Never give up. Anything is possible. But stop thinking you suck and think your the best out there.

Wicked dude guy, guy jonny_danger's Avatar
    jonny_danger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny_danger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny_danger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny_danger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny_danger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny_danger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny_danger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny_danger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It sounds like you might not have the confidence right now to be an offensive player, so work it out on defense. Practice boxing people out and keeping them in front of you when they have the ball. Also, work on your court vision and passing. Look for people on the picks and the back door screens, etc. There is so much more to basketball than the offense. Also, once you get those other things down (which you might take to easier than driving the lane or shooting the 3) you'll have the confidence to start doing everything. If you play hard and have basic skills no one will look down on you for giving it your all.

dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50) dtraynor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I highly recommend checking out a Velocity Sports Performance, or any other sports performance training facility because it will not only give you the oppurtunity to become more athletic, but with that athleticism will come a great deal of confindence.

fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighterzzzzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    screw sports get high with your friends and look at the weird people you are talking about and laugh.

maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maSSive! has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just STFU and go play ball
    awaken the intensity
    embrace the pain

shindiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shindiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shindiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shindiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shindiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MJ got cut in High School.

The thing about sports (esp high school sports) is that it teaches us many things that you can take with you in life. Sportsmanship, communication, drive, desire, practice makes perfect, and especially - never give up.

Get the fundamentals down, you've started late - learning at 14, vs high school kids who have been playing since 6 is going to be a big difference. Learn the fundamentals and get a feel for the game. This way, you can get good at all the dirty work stuff - setting screens, making the right cuts, boxing out, and especially lock down defense which comes out of pure effort and footwork.

If you get all the hustle board items down first and foremost, and hustle more than everyone out there, you'll be noticed and the rest of the skillset will follow - regardless of how athletic you are.

Plus if you keep playing rec-ball and become a gymrat, you'll make new friends who like playing ball and will keep you going.
    "I was always interested in proportion and perfection. When I was fifteen, I took off my clothes and looked in the mirror. When I stared at myself naked, I realized that to be perfectly proportioned I would need twenty-inch arms to match the rest of me."

-Arnold

hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hang in there, and find new freinds.

Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500) Stander, Emile is not very helpful. (-500)
    Keep doing it, but work on it EVERYDAY. You'll be amazed at how far mental strength and determination will get you.

BTW, being slow and bad at jumping are things that can be worked on and improved. What you get give at birth CAN be improved upon. You think every player in NBA was born a good player who didn't have to work damn hard? No, if you think this then you really are deluding yourself. The bet way of getting better is playing.

coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try to work on your four main things in basketball-

Speed
    Jumping ability
    Agility
    Endurance

And get those up! If you can sprint the whole length of the basket-ball court 10 times without stopping, then you've got the ability to be good, and at least show up were you need to be! And if you can be agilic, you can dodge and go, and if you've good jumping, then you've got a better chance of making a basket. Otherwise, basketball is a "skill" sport, and so you need to have a lot of skill to play. But getting good at those could mean the world to you, and could be just what you need. Also, train with Explosive excersises, like clean, clean and press, snatch, and push-press- the more explosive you are, the faster you'll be, and the higher you will jump!

killtolift44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its the total opposite -your an idiot if you give up
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid Anabolic Steroid Steroids

I wanna talk to Samson! MisterSamson's Avatar
    MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your in high school, its not like you have anything better to do. School work isn't hard yet you have no reason to give up unless your lazy... work your balls off and kick some ass