cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Dextrose/Maltodextrin?

so I know that i should take a whey protein shake after a workout, along with some dextrose and maltodextrin(sp?). but i have no clue what dextrose/maltodextrin is. i remember hearing somewhere that some people eat that candy Smarties along with their protein shake.

so question is, what is dextrose and maltodextrin, what foods contain them, do Smarties have one of them, and how much of it should i be getting postworkout?

thanks

sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheerpoundage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its no urban myth, smarties DO actually ahve the answer! Its, to my knowledge, a form of simple sugar, fr a quick boost of energy, ABSOLUTEY vital after a workout, as much if not moreso than protein. i used caps for a reason. u can get simple sugars from an apple or banana or sumin like chocolate.

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cellshot
    so I know that i should take a whey protein shake after a workout, along with some dextrose and maltodextrin(sp?). but i have no clue what dextrose/maltodextrin is. i remember hearing somewhere that some people eat that candy Smarties along with their protein shake.

so question is, what is dextrose and maltodextrin, what foods contain them, do Smarties have one of them, and how much of it should i be getting postworkout?

thanks
    Dextrose and Malto are both high GI carbs. Smarties is dextrose.

You can do just fine PWO with some oats and fruit (bananas, for example).

Aim to get 0.5g x BW carbs and 0.25g x BW protein immediately PWO.

Can't walk after leg day. northy96's Avatar
    northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) northy96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    go to a bulk food store and buy a 1lb of what will be sold as CORN SUGAR, it is straight dextrose and cheap. Add a scoup to your PWO shake.

Grape juice is also a good source of dextrose

u guys...srsly... FatKidsOnMopeds's Avatar
    FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by northy96
    go to a bulk food store and buy a 1lb of what will be sold as CORN SUGAR, it is straight dextrose and cheap. Add a scoup to your PWO shake.

Grape juice is also a good source of dextrose

yes.