Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    B-fAith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B-fAith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Stupid Doctor creating another myth about height and BB

Alright so I walk in to the clinic and this professional and experienced doctor of mine starts saying: What people don't realize is that even though weight lifting exercises don't directly stunt growth, building muscle mass as a teenager would would deprive the body of testosterone by focusing the testosterone on building mass instead of using it for vertical growth...

Any comments on this "advice" from a so-called endocrinologist...The endocrinologist also said that it's still not 100% sure but it is a very likely thing...I just want your opinion on this...I'm NOT asking you if squats squish your spine and make you shorter blah blah...all that is a myth as far I know

Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    considering what endocrinologist do and study. i wouldn't bet against one.
    ♠BMBC♠

imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are few exercises that can stunt your growth
    but most of the exercise we do dont stunt our growth
    i forgot what kind of exercise stunts teen's growth.
    im sure squats dont stunt your growth.
    i grew an inch during the summer and i squated every week.

mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeccccc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it makes sense, but i wouldnt think it would make a big difference. if energy as a whole is being used to grow muscle then energy isnt being used to grow height.
    i wouldnt think it would make a real difference though, maybe 1/2 inch over ur lifetime

Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not so sure. What the endocrinologist theoretically makes sense during the time period when your testosterone is contributing heavily to your growth and development, and by that I mean when you're around the age of 10-14. On the other hand I'm pretty sure your body is capable of maintaining its testosterone at certain levels...it's not like calories where you use them and they're gone until you eat again, the body is able to maintain hormone levels at what they need.

Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    considering what endocrinologist do and study. i wouldn't bet against one.
    Exactly what I was about to say, when you have 13+ years of study in medicine you can step up and debate with him Oh and in relation to your age, he's been studying for as long as you've been alive
    Last edited by Chubba; 09-14-2006 at 09:40 PM.

Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eagleseye has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

Originally Posted by Chubba
    Exactly what I was about to say, when you have 13+ years of study in medicine you can step up and debate with him
    U can't argue with an experienced guy like gim

OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    everyone stop talking out of your asses, just cause someone has a degree doesnt mean everything they say is true.

last time I checked im the tallest person in my family, including cousins. I started lifting before I got into high school, dont tell me im "lucky"

Doctors say this kind of stuff cause as there are a lot of people that come in with a pulled or torn this or that, usually back - from lifting weights with horrendous form as well as other reasons.

If you think someone that has a degree cant talk a lot of BS then you are naive.

Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^

...or get some common sense and realise how complex the bodies endocrine system is. When it comes to hormones, nobody knows more then an endocrinologist, FACT! The statement the doctor made could be entirely true, or it could be false... if you had any understanding of medicine and endocrinology it's quite plausible... but who are YOU to argue against them?

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OmniPotentTitan
    everyone stop talking out of your asses, just cause someone has a degree doesnt mean everything they say is true.

last time I checked im the tallest person in my family, including cousins. I started lifting before I got into high school, dont tell me im "lucky"

Doctors say this kind of stuff cause as there are a lot of people that come in with a pulled or torn this or that, usually back - from lifting weights with horrendous form as well as other reasons.

If you think someone that has a degree cant talk a lot of BS then you are naive.

i would say the chance of someone talking out of his ass with a degree in hand is quite a bit less than someone talking out of his ass without a degree.

Also remember that an endocrinologist has a 4 year degree + 4 year medical degree, served multiple years as a doctor, then does (depending on what country) 5 - 8 years of additional study (fellowship) in endocrinology.

What's your credentials?

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Chubba
    Also remember that an endocrinologist has a 4 year degree + 4 year medical degree, served multiple years as a doctor, then does (depending on what country) 5 - 8 years of additional study (fellowship) in endocrinology.

What's your credentials?

i'm gonna guess the degree is in "bro-science"

bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It kind of makes me sad to see my own generation simply bending over and taking it from a guy, just because he's university educated. I could tell you stories of the experiences my family has had with doctors of all kinds, and i wil later, but right now i'll look at this.

The human body produces testosterone. It is just one hormone in the whole grand scheme of things. You cannot possibly tell me that your body only produces a certain amount of test every day. Use too much of it and instead of "adapting" your body starves? If that was true we would not be able to build muscle at all.

After all, in the prepubescent years, when testosterone production is yet to begin, kids don't grow much muscle at all. Test production sets off vertical growth, muscle growth, and so on.

Hell, the doctor even said that he might be wrong. And that might be the most honest thing he said.
    Controlled Labs • Orange Triad | Oximega | Glycergrow

Allmax • Taurine | Creatine Mono | Beta Alanine

Primaforce • Agmatine | Cit. Mal. | COP | ALCAR

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    that's fcuking ridiculous - the guy deserves to be sacked.

1) the body will make more testosterone for muscle growth, so you won't run out, and:
    2) using it for building mass rather than height? dude, testosterone stunts growth - it doesn't increase height - it's not going to be used for height growth. it's a well-known fact that the sex steroids stunt height growth - the guy doesn't have a fcuking clue and deserves to lose his job for preaching this retarded bull****.

bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Say, do people actually read posts before making their own?
    Controlled Labs • Orange Triad | Oximega | Glycergrow

Allmax • Taurine | Creatine Mono | Beta Alanine

Primaforce • Agmatine | Cit. Mal. | COP | ALCAR

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bodyweight4ever
    Say, do people actually read posts before making their own?
    who exactly was that directed at?

it's common knowledge that the sex steroids hasten epiphyseal fusion. this explains why steroid use in teens can stunt growth, and also why girls on average are shorter than boys (they hit puberty earlier).

as for the body being depleted of testosterone, this is also bull****:
    http://www.thehormoneshop.com/mainta...e.htm#Exercise

exercising correctly can boost T levels.

if it were true that bodybuilding deprives the body of testosterone, then how the hell could we pack on muscle?
    again, it's common knowledge that working out can increase testosterone levels.

to say that it deprives the body of testosterone is completely ridiculous. if you break down muscle fibre, there will be positive feedback to the pituitary - levels of anabolic hormones will increase in order to increase protein synthesis and repair the broken muscle fibre. saying that working out decreases testosterone is like saying masturbation decreases testosterone. neither do - both increase the production due to positive feedback.
    Last edited by WCC; 09-15-2006 at 05:43 AM.

ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000) ps2cho is just really nice. (+1000)
    Over the summer while i was squatting i was at 5'9 and about a week after not squatting i grew an inch in a 1week period. It was so wierd i actually felt the height increase...Maybe its just coincedence?

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was 5'4 when i was 15 and started training.....im pushing 5'8 now.

Hasnt stunted my growth.

Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000) Cdem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BB is 4 life :)
    I was 5'4 when i was 15 and started training.....im pushing 5'8 now.

Hasnt stunted my growth.
    i was 5'4 when i was 15, and didn't start training...im 6'2 now.

point:you don't know if it did or didn't.
    ♠BMBC♠

JediMindTricks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JediMindTricks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JediMindTricks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JediMindTricks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JediMindTricks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JediMindTricks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JediMindTricks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds like a bull**** theory to me.. Where is the study to back this up?

Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
    sounds like a bull**** theory to me.. Where is the study to back this up?
    LOL was the doctor who studies endocrinology supposed to verbally cite a source?

hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WCC
    that's fcuking ridiculous - the guy deserves to be sacked.

1) the body will make more testosterone for muscle growth, so you won't run out, and:
    2) using it for building mass rather than height? dude, testosterone stunts growth - it doesn't increase height - it's not going to be used for height growth. it's a well-known fact that the sex steroids stunt height growth - the guy doesn't have a fcuking clue and deserves to lose his job for preaching this retarded bull****.
    Wow your post is fcuking rediculous, you kids, calling a doctor with years of schooling, and medical schooling stupid. Seriously now you read some **** online and think everything on the internet is true, any jackoff can make a website and put information on it. But you see the doctor has years of credited schooling, he didn't just read some stuff online and be like oh man thats what i'm gonna base what I say on. So you really cant compare your ignorance that you gained from reading online websites, thinking that you know **** towards his years of knowledge in the medical field.

hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurley7789 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OmniPotentTitan

Wow one the dumbest things I have ever heard. You must represent the general population, I apoligize.
    Last edited by hurley7789; 09-15-2006 at 09:29 AM.

GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuineaLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hurley7789
    Wow your post is fcuking rediculous, you kids, calling a doctor with years of schooling, and medical schooling stupid. Seriously now you read some **** online and think everything on the internet is true, any jackoff can make a website and put information on it. But you see the doctor has years of credited schooling, he didn't just read some stuff online and be like oh man thats what i'm gonna base what I say on. So you really cant compare your ignorance that you gained from reading online websites, thinking that you know **** towards his years of knowledge in the medical field.
    Wow, finally someone with common sense. Thankyou, so many kids argue against medical professionals, who the hell are they to say??

Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Theres nothing wrong with arguing against "medical professionals". It is a FACT that doctors can be wrong, and have been so countless times.
    Yes, they may have years of studying, but that doesnt make them any more right. That just means they may have wasted several years of their life listening to a professor spew out BS that he read somewhere in Times magazine.
    Just because a doctor tells you something, doesnt mean its right. I once went into my doctors office and was talking to him about a knee problem i was having, so he did his fancy lil x-rays and all his tests. Then he came back and told me that theres nothing wrong with my knee. I didn't believe him because i could feel that something was wrong. So i went to a different doc for a second opinion. His conclusion? I had f'ing Osgood Schlatters!
    My point of that rant was that docs don't always know everything. Lots of times what they say is complete BS. I had to have an operation to fix my knee.
    Don't get me wrong. Doctors are important to society...but you just can't take everything they say too seriously.
    "Success rests not only on ability, but upon commitment, loyalty, and pride."
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have grown almost 8 inches since I have started lifting 3 years ago.. Hypotheticaly this doctor is right and lifting does stunt your growth ( ) I don't give a **** because I don't even want to be taller.

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by hurley7789
    wanker.

so you're saying doctors are right all the time? i've heard of doctors who've said that weightlifting stunts growth. my mum's GP told her that i'll get kidney stones if i drink protein shakes. when it comes to weightlifting, most doctors exaggerate stuff terribly. whilst excessive protein CAN cause kidney stones, my mum's GP was completely wrong in saying that i'm predisposing myself to kidney and gallstones. he doesn't know what my protein intake is like, what my water intake is like - he doesn't know anything about my diet, and yet he's so quick to criticise.

what you've posted is complete bull****.
    it's common knowledge that lifting weights increases testosterone, asswad. don't try arguing with me here - everyone will tell you the same.
    testosterone production is increased in order to repair broken down muscle fibre.
    look all over the internet - you'll find thousands of studies etc. that prove that resistance training can increase testosterone levels.
    the OP's "endocrinologist" is wrong here. first of all, testosterone isn't used for height growth. it's used to develop the secondary sex characteristics - face and body hair, increased bone density, increased muscle mass - height growth is stunted by test. it's common knowledge that steroid use in teens can stunt growth. GH is used for height growth, not test.

don't be so damn gullible - doctors don't know everything about weightlifting.

Originally Posted by Bon
    Theres nothing wrong with arguing against "medical professionals". It is a FACT that doctors can be wrong, and have been so countless times.
    Yes, they may have years of studying, but that doesnt make them any more right. That just means they may have wasted several years of their life listening to a professor spew out BS that he read somewhere in Times magazine.
    Just because a doctor tells you something, doesnt mean its right. I once went into my doctors office and was talking to him about a knee problem i was having, so he did his fancy lil x-rays and all his tests. Then he came back and told me that theres nothing wrong with my knee. I didn't believe him because i could feel that something was wrong. So i went to a different doc for a second opinion. His conclusion? I had f'ing Osgood Schlatters!
    My point of that rant was that docs don't always know everything. Lots of times what they say is complete BS. I had to have an operation to fix my knee.
    Don't get me wrong. Doctors are important to society...but you just can't take everything they say too seriously.
    ROFL...misdiagnosis and understanding of the body's hormone systems are two different things, moron. He doesn't read some BS in "Times magazine" (although LOL, like Times magazine is that bad of a news source? Where you you base your BS off of, bb.com forums?), he reads books in medical school that are based on decades of research, fact, and understanding of the body's hormone systems. What are you working off of, a misdiagnosis of a physical condition by one doctor? Yeah man, clearly they suck.

Also, you guys need to cut the "LOL I GREW WHILE LIFTING SO CLEARLY TAHT IS RONG". No ****ing ****, you can still grow and have stunted growth...if I was supposed to grow 12 inches, for example, and I only grew 8, my growth would have been stunted reagrdless of if I still grew 8 inches. There's also neat little things called "exceptions". Either way, your examples of how you grew a few inches height wise doesn't do **** towards discounting what the endocrinologist said.

Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, arnold was meant to be 7"9, but because he lifted he only got to 6"1

Get real, arnold and gunter schlierkamp both are over 6ft, and at least arnold I know trained since 15.

In this instance, doctors = PWN3D.
    but who was lift

Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No **** they're different things. I never said they're similar. The whole point of that was to say that doctors (no matter what their field) can be wrong.
    And i never said that Times magazine was bad. The point of saying that was to indicate that no matter where the doctors read stuff, it isn't always true. The books in medical school are not based upon "fact". Just theories.
    30 years ago it was a "fact" that steroids were good for you, right? Increases muscles size and strength, helps them recover quicker. Doctors happily prescribed the stuff. But today steroids are horrible. Not a "fact" anymore is it
    Things are only called fact because it hasn't been proven otherwise. I guarantee you that in 20 years from now, some medical facts that are around today will be disproven.

And i never said that doctors suck. Simply read the last statement in my earlier post.
    "Success rests not only on ability, but upon commitment, loyalty, and pride."
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates