Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000)

Evander Holyfield's Weight routine --- supervised by Lee Haney

I found this interesting....he has an amazing physique....before he went on this routine he was in lousy shape...he did it 2 times a week (he did so much else.....cardio..technique work etc..)

The workout he did would depend on how tired/fit he was on that day

Goes to show you can get huge on a fullbody routine

Evander's Variable Split Exercise Listing

The precise schedule of when to do an A, B or C workout was matched to Evander's recuperative abilities.
    Chest
    A workout
    bench press

B workout
    add dumbbell bench press

C workout
    add incline dumbbell bench press

Shoulders
    A workout
    seated dumbbell presses

B workout
    add frontal dumbbell raises

C workout
    add lateral raises

Back
    A workout
    bent rows, back extensions

B workout
    add modified pull-ups

C workout
    add pull-downs

Arms
    A workout
    EZ curls, pushdowns

B workout
    add hi, moderate and low rep system

C workout
    add dumbbell curls, dips

Legs
    A workout
    safety squats, keystone deadlifts

B workout
    add lunge walking, glute-ham raises

C workout
    add twisting squats, leg curls

Midsection
    A workout
    Russian twists

B workout
    add pre-stretched crunches

C workout
    add sidebends

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well besides the fact that I'm sure he has decent genetics and atheletic ability, the routine there is fine. There is nothing wrong with full body routines, we never said there was. He is doing it right by switching around the exercises on the different workouts.

Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Who is 'we'?

I'm not asking for your approval of it....nor I am doing it...i posted it simply to show what he did to reclaim his crown

btw....he doesn't 'switch' up the exercises...he aims to do workout C which is all three....only does A or B if he wants a quick workout.

http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Scar
    Who is 'we'?

I'm not asking for your approval of it....nor I am doing it...i posted it simply to show what he did to reclaim his crown

btw....he doesn't 'switch' up the exercises...he aims to do workout C which is all three....only does A or B if he wants a quick workout.

http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html
    Well when you said "it goes to show you" in the first post I thought you were talking about people like me who recommend splits as well, so I answered with we.

I didn't say that YOU should or shouldn't do it, so where are you getting the idea that I was telling you what to do. I was just saying if someone saw it and wanted to do it that it was ok.

You made the post pretty freakin confusing if you ask me so that's why I didn't understand it. Now I do though.

Jeez, it must be that time of the month for you.

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Indeed Holyfield has a great physique! He's naturally pretty lean, but he definitely busted his ass to move up from cruiserweight to heavyweight! He's one of the only heavyweights who's stayed roughly the same weight for most of his tenure in the division.

I've never actually seen his routine before though! GOOD POST!

HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HomeWorkouts88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like a very good way to do it. And not something that is seen in most training programs. The concept of training for around recuperative abilities is refreshing to hear, especially for athletes that have so many other things to focus on. Thanks for the post.

jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrv1932 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HomeWorkouts88 View Post
    Looks like a very good way to do it. And not something that is seen in most training programs. The concept of training for around recuperative abilities is refreshing to hear, especially for athletes that have so many other things to focus on. Thanks for the post.
    10 year old thread.

SidiSlugi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jrv1932 View Post
    10 year old thread.
    12 years old now. Came here because of Chris Jones' recent ask Beastmode video.
    An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards.