DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question power clean vs. power snatch, which one is better for explosive power?

I didn't really know whether to put this thread in the exercise section, or the sports training section but whatever.

which one is better for explosive power, power clean or power snatch?

I need to pick one to incorporate into my workout. Basically I want to run faster and run people over more often.

Thanks.

dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why can't you do both??
    I hate POGs that pretend to be hard ass warriors

DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dunk
    why can't you do both??
    I suppose I could, but I'd like to really just focus on one or the other and perhaps switch every few weeks or just mix it up every few workouts.

dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    then do what you planned on, and switch every couple weeks, I used to do power cleans or hang cleans prior to squats.

Originally Posted by dunk
    then do what you planned on, and switch every couple weeks, I used to do power cleans or hang cleans prior to squats.
    you wouldn't put squats first? Shouldn't you place priority on your biggest lift?

Should I put power cleans and power snatches in front of squats?
    Last edited by DangerDan; 10-13-2006 at 07:21 PM.

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DangerDan
    you wouldn't put squats first? Shouldn't you place priority on your biggest lift?

Should I put power cleans and power snatches in front of squats?
    Do quicker movements first.

Originally Posted by HoosierBoy
    Do quicker movements first.
    so, if I'm going to be running (sprinting, bleachers) should I put that before weights or no?

cleans are a more explosive movement compared to squats, thats why I did them first. It worked very well for me, as I didnt need near the warm up sets for squats and the muscles and the core temp were already raised.

I did all my running (sprinting, plyo's) prior to the workout. You definately want to do your plyo's first and fresh. and again I felt stronger when I squated, not saying I was b/c i never maxed out doing this, but when I would rep a weight I never had a problem doing it.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    speed exercises first.....then strength

snatches are more explosive than cleans

check some of the articles here http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html
    "Humility comes before honor"

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have some stuff showing the difference between Peak force between the two. I believe the snatch is well ahead of the clean in peak force.

You want to do your more technical speed oriented lifts early in the training session. The reason is fatigue can hamper not only form but speed.

There is no reason why you cant do both snatch and clean in your wkly training session. All you need to do is seperate them on different days.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff