Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jonah was the man back in the day. In rugby we'd never had anyone that big and fast, it was unheard of. Today things are different, rugby players are getting bigger and faster, but back in 99', there was nobody playing international rugby that was near this guy.

I remember a couple of NFL coaches were interviewed by New Zealand TV back when he was being offered contracts by various NFL clubs. Jerry Jones said in all his years of coaching, he'd never seen an athlete like Jonah before. So thats coming from a top NFL coach, and you can imagine he'd have seen some great athletes in his time. Im sure Jonah would have been a success in the NFL, as he was a success in rugby. The only thing that stopped him from joining the Dallas Cowboys was the dream of winning the World Cup for New Zealand.

The sad thing was, Jonah was never 100% fit, his kidney problems just destroyed him physically. I think most of the rugby world was really hoping for him to do well in his comeback, but the game has moved on, and Jonah isnt the same player he once was.

To be honest, Im just glad the guy is now healthy, he's such a good down to earth, honest bloke, and deserves the praise he gets from the rugby world.

Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i cant stand watching him play for north harbour these days, meh
    ;$-BMB;$-

my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "90% of fighting is half mental" - Tim Sylvia

lol

Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You're all missing an important fact.

LOMU TRAINED FOR RUGBY

Lomu had those stats training for ENDURANCE and speed. Get him to the US and their training style would add power and size, there's no need for endurance. His stats would be way better than his rugby training stats.

I've played both sports. I love both sports. These arguments are funny because noone ever considers the whole story.

my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Couldbebigga

LOMU TRAINED FOR RUGBY

Lomu had those stats training for ENDURANCE and speed. Get him to the US and their training style would add power and size, there's no need for endurance. His stats would be way better than his rugby training stats.

I've played both sports. I love both sports. These arguments are funny because noone ever considers the whole story.

The only pad Jonah would have needed in NFL would have been a pillow to lay his head on due to boredom of the game.

Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    NO ONE HAS ANYTHING ON SONNY BILL WILLIAMS!

HAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyGAVKacvCA&eurl=

Ok, I am just joking. This is rugby league (NOT RUGBY UNION THAT LOMU PLAYS).

For his size this guy is so strong.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

wow strong me has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wow strong me has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wow strong me has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wow strong me has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Couldbebigga

LOMU TRAINED FOR RUGBY

exactly, different sports require different skills and physical features.

Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damage6182 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well if he was no good why did they scout him for the NFL? With the massive production line of US players why would they even take a second look at someone who has never played unless they were an exceptional athlete? The same thing is happening now with Willie Mason, he has 3 or 4 teams wanting him to come over. The chances for a succesfull conversion from either sport are slim, I have no doubts Lomu would have struggled at first just like an NFL player would struggle with the NRL. My two cents.....

zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zahriya is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this guy sounds average. also sounds like a guy who rejected a contract from the cowboys because he wouldnt pass a physical. who would turn down millions?

anyway you guys wanna freak just google Bo Jackson. enough said

edit: Bo at 6'1", 222 lbs., allegedly ran a 4.12 40 yard dash at the 1986 NFL combine, as reported in the February 27, 1986, USA Today. This was one of the fastest NFL 40 times ever,

BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    islander rugby players > nfl players
    just look at the premier league and jersey flegg teams heapps of islanders now.

BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeastlyBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)

OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OzFlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol this argument is gettin old

Rugby = Endurance, Allround Skilled sport. Tackles and hits have to be well timed n not so much full on at risk of injuring yourself. Can be painful as hell in general gameplay. The rare athletic freak

Gridiron = Anaerobic based, Specific Skills. Tacklers can take more risks with tackling due to pads, big hits are very common. Athletic Freaks a plenty. Can be very painful!

No point comparing jonahs stats.
    With 6 months of NFL training he would lose alot of endurance, and the effects could be beneficial or detrimental. He could gain too much weight n not be as fast as he was OR he could improve his speed while maintaining weight. Too many options

I love both sports, im not biased. Now lets all go watch the football

Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BeastlyBill
    Lol wth where the players doing at the start? It looked like a Pokemon dance...
    www.gregplitt.com

J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by zahriya
    this guy sounds average. also sounds like a guy who rejected a contract from the cowboys because he wouldnt pass a physical. who would turn down millions?

anyway you guys wanna freak just google Bo Jackson. enough said

edit: Bo at 6'1", 222 lbs., allegedly ran a 4.12 40 yard dash at the 1986 NFL combine, as reported in the February 27, 1986, USA Today. This was one of the fastest NFL 40 times ever,
    It's not all about money, mate. He had a passion for rugby.

Oh, and that would have been hand-timed; sub 4.2 40s are a myth.
    What the **** are you waiting for?! Christmas on a cracker?!

That reminds me, where are my crackers?! I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR CRACKERS!!

J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100) J11STIN is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Maverick77
    Lol wth where the players doing at the start? It looked like a Pokemon dance...
    It's the haka. Here's a full version (it's the throat-slitting one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ForBnj82llA

IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Damage6182
    Well if he was no good why did they scout him for the NFL? With the massive production line of US players why would they even take a second look at someone who has never played unless they were an exceptional athlete? The same thing is happening now with Willie Mason, he has 3 or 4 teams wanting him to come over. The chances for a succesfull conversion from either sport are slim, I have no doubts Lomu would have struggled at first just like an NFL player would struggle with the NRL. My two cents.....
    I don't know anything about him....so I won't say he's "no good," but jsut because you get scouted by the NFL doesn't mean you are good. It means you "might" have promise.

For example...Jai Lewis from George Mason's hoops team last year....hadn't played football since high school, and I believe he got signed by the Giants. Just an example.

Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BeastlyBill

Fcuk that was an awesome video.

wow strong me has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wow strong me has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wow strong me has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wow strong me has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    jonah has said publically that he didnt go to NFL because his love and rugby and that he wanted to give back to new zealand and the all blacks because they gave him so much. the truth is he made more in NZ then he would of in NFL because of all the publicity. HE was the the most popular rugby player at the time and people loved him.

getting scouted in NFL team when u never played football is pretty impressive football players couldnt just get scouted over to rugby they wouldnt know how to tackle constantly in 1 on 1 situations (they used to everyone close together and group tackles and group hugging in football) or kick or pass or think for themselves (no coach or quarterback to tell them waht to do) and would take them ages to learn about rucks and mauls and lineouts.

IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000) IrishLuck is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kiwi_Fella
    I remember a couple of NFL coaches were interviewed by New Zealand TV back when he was being offered contracts by various NFL clubs. Jerry Jones said in all his years of coaching, he'd never seen an athlete like Jonah before. So thats coming from a top NFL coach, and you can imagine he'd have seen some great athletes in his time. Im sure Jonah would have been a success in the NFL, as he was a success in rugby. The only thing that stopped him from joining the Dallas Cowboys was the dream of winning the World Cup for New Zealand.
    Jerry Jones is an owner, not a coach...so stop with the "top coach" bs.

Jerry Jones is known for his public "praising" of players just so they come to his club. He said the same thing about Terell Ownes right before he was signed.

Originally Posted by wow strong me
    jonah has said publically that he didnt go to NFL because his love and rugby and that he wanted to give back to new zealand and the all blacks because they gave him so much. the truth is he made more in NZ then he would of in NFL because of all the publicity. HE was the the most popular rugby player at the time and people loved him.

getting scouted in NFL team when u never played football is pretty impressive football players couldnt just get scouted over to rugby they wouldnt know how to tackle constantly in 1 on 1 situations (they used to everyone close together and group tackles and group hugging in football) or kick or pass or think for themselves (no coach or quarterback to tell them waht to do) and would take them ages to learn about rucks and mauls and lineouts.
    NFL players wouldn't know how to tackle 1 on 1? You don't make it to the NFL if you can't tackle 1 on 1. Hell, you can't even make it to NCAA football if you can't tackle 1 on 1. What the hell are you talking about?

Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100) Guest6666 is not very well liked. (-100)
    America cares about NFL

Rest of world cares about Rugby..(compared to NFL anyways..)

Originally Posted by IrishLuck
    Jerry Jones is an owner, not a coach...so stop with the "top coach" bs.

Jerry Jones is known for his public "praising" of players just so they come to his club. He said the same thing about Terell Ownes right before he was signed.
    who gives a **** man its only sport. pay a little respect to the guy hes played the game with kidney problems and almost died from kidney disease. now hes come back playing in the rugby provincial league in england and now in NZ (the best club league in the world) for his dream to get back into the all blacks.

its a pity he doesnt get more game time and his journey ends now as he doesnt get a super14 francise contract unless aussie offer him one

NFL players wouldn't know how to tackle 1 on 1? You don't make it to the NFL if you can't tackle 1 on 1. Hell, you can't even make it to NCAA football if you can't tackle 1 on 1. What the hell are you talking about?
    rugby is wider field and not all bunched in like NFL. in NFL its usually group hugs to bring players down not many one on one situations where players running at u full speed in open space. not to say they cant tackle 1 on 1 but most rugby players would run rings around linebackers etc with a bit of open grass.

but **** debating this issue u watch what u want, i will watch 80minutes of rugby action while u watch 3 hours of adverts and group hugging

He said the same thing about Terell Ownes right before he was signed.
    In case you didn't notice, Owens is an elite reciever.

On the topic of the Cowboys courting of Lomu. It's important to realize how notoriously closed-minded NFL and NCAA coaches are, so them showing interest in an athlete outside of their system is quite significant. AND, they didn't just say "oh hey, we'll let you stop by training camp", they offered him a contract straight out. That's unheard for an unknown (in America) prospect.
    Last edited by J11STIN; 10-12-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Huh?! It's a well known fact that NFL players show very sloppy tackling form these days, tending to go for the "big-hit".
    Last edited by J11STIN; 10-12-2006 at 01:22 PM.

who gives a **** man its only sport. pay a little respect to the guy hes played the game with kidney problems and almost died from kidney disease. now hes come back playing in the rugby provincial league in england and now in NZ (the best club league in the world) for his dream to get back into the all blacks.

its a pity he doesnt get more game time and his journey ends now as he doesnt get a super14 francise contract unless aussie offer him one
    I was correcting him….because it was a stupid comment that wasn’t researched.

I’m not paying any respect to someone that I haven’t seen play. I don’t care for rugby. I don’t “disrespect” him, but I also don’t respect him.

He’s battled kidney disease? Great. My Grandma and Aunt are fighting cancer and will lose the battle in a matter of months.

rugby is wider field and not all bunched in like NFL. in NFL its usually group hugs to bring players down not many one on one situations where players running at u full speed in open space. not to say they cant tackle 1 on 1 but most rugby players would run rings around linebackers etc with a bit of open grass.

but **** debating this issue u watch what u want, i will watch 80minutes of rugby action while u watch 3 hours of adverts and group hugging
    There are plenty of 1 on 1 situations…you just don’t watch football. You like rugby. America likes football. There’s nothing else to it.

Originally Posted by J11STIN
    In case you didn't notice, Owens is an elite reciever.

On the topic of the Cowboys courting of Lomu. It's important to realize how notoriously closed-minded NFL and NCAA coaches are, so them showing interest in an athlete outside of their system is quite significant. AND, they didn't just say "oh hey, we'll let you stop by training camp", they offered him a contract straight out. That's unheard for an unknown (in America) prospect.
    Not anymore he isn’t. He’s a crybaby that tried to kill himself….too bad that was not successful. Nobody likes him. The Cowboys are the only team that wanted him. Because of who? Jerry Jones.

It’s not unheard of to get offered a contract straight out. Jai Lewis….like I mentioned before….was a basketball player….and he was offered a contract because of the way he played hoops.

Originally Posted by J11STIN
    Huh?! It's a well known fact that NFL players show very sloppy tackling form these days, tending to go for the "big-hit".
    You don’t watch football then.

NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FiLL
    ?
    vernon davis
    Position: TE
    Height: 6-3
    Weight: 253
    Born: 01/31/1984
    40 Speed: 4.40*

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/undera..._in_Motion.jpg
    http://www.rethinkpink.com/Images/intro.jpg
    http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...9/19617775.jpg

I noticed alot of rugby players lack upper body build, they have nice legs though. Kind of reminds me of soccer players.
    Shut up and Squat!

Living with ALS or dying because of it. ama

I was correcting him….because it was a stupid comment that wasn’t researched.

I’m not paying any respect to someone that I haven’t seen play. I don’t care for rugby. I don’t “disrespect” him, but I also don’t respect him.

He’s battled kidney disease? Great. My Grandma and Aunt are fighting cancer and will lose the battle in a matter of months.

There are plenty of 1 on 1 situations…you just don’t watch football. You like rugby. America likes football. There’s nothing else to it.

Not anymore he isn’t. He’s a crybaby that tried to kill himself….too bad that was not successful. Nobody likes him. The Cowboys are the only team that wanted him. Because of who? Jerry Jones.

It’s not unheard of to get offered a contract straight out. Jai Lewis….like I mentioned before….was a basketball player….and he was offered a contract because of the way he played hoops.

You don’t watch football then.
    i have seen football actually. we get it here on ESPN. i delt u see much rugby at all though

i have seen football actually. we get it here on ESPN. i delt u see much rugby at all though
    Maybe you've seen it, but you certainly don't watch it.

"We get it on ESPN." You sound like the fat guy from "The Air up There."

Maybe you've seen it, but you certainly don't watch it.

"We get it on ESPN." You sound like the fat guy from "The Air up There."
    ive watched quite a bit of it overtime. i dont sit through whole games because its so boring but im definitally seen enough to know about it and i know the rules