Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    want to be ripped!!! jollyleafman's Avatar
    jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500)

does anyone even realize girls dont like buff guys

Ive been training for about 2 years now with the same goal, to get big and ripped looking. But as I started talknig to more and more girls from college about working out, they all say they really dont like guys with muscles, well, im like elaborate, and they all say that they dont like ppl with big muscles, like body builders, they said they would rather a brad pitt, fight club body, or even skinnier. LOL I talked to about 30-35 girls about this specifically in the last month, and about 80% agreed, with the other 20% saying they liked big buff guys. Then i also went along to ask them if they thought vin diesel was too muscular(knowing hes really not that big) and they said yes!!!
    so what is the point of training, i used to train becasus i wanted a good body to attract girls, but now they say that doesnt matter, i guess it is just something we do for ourselves, becasue through my conversations 4/5 girls dont like big ripped guys.

Any one else have experiences like this or can even elaborate more on it... or possible disagree with it completely?
    STATS:

Bench Press = 205 x 8
    Squat = 225 x 8
    Deadlift = 365 x 8
    Shoulder Press = 155 x 8
    Barbell Row = 175 x 8

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Guys who work out like big buff guys.
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They still do...trust me.
    Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a conquerer. Kill them all and you are God

If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.

cowboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cowboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MAN WHERE DO YOU LIVE???? Shoot down here in Southern USA girls love buff guys! At school while we are working out girls are crowded by the windows watching us. I guess it depends where you are! Country girls prefer buff guess, and I guess city girls prefer them skinny guys.
    of course this is open for some discussion!
    weight: 137lbs
    weight goal: 180lbs

MAXES:
    Bench: 215lbs
    Incline: 140lbs
    BB curls: 95lbs

whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    they like lightly muscled bodies that are better than average. they dont want that stick lookin **** with nothin not even abs.
    RIP Wesley aka Iron Addict

Overtraining: What it is and what it isn't. And why you've stalled.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1715261

Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i have never heard of any girl around here not liking buff guys. in clubs and at concerts chicks walk up to me rubbing my arms and stuff. im not like super big, but im more muscular then alot of people around here. move to southeast texas, you'll see.
    COD4 on PS3. PSN: G-Jimbo type "misc" in the message

Shut The F Up And Lift. justinbrown's Avatar
    justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    girls dont like buff guys....they like six packs

women like buff guys

as they get older, they appreciate your hard work more

not speaking from expierience of course as im only 15 but thats what alot of my bros friends say (as theyr 20-25)
    "As you know bb'ing takes time, so even though you thought your 60 lbs would be as big as you'd get, now that your there, you realise you can do more. Its a good thing. It keeps you progressing and getting better. Be proud of how far you've come, and from that, be motivated about how much further you can go."
    ~mikeccccc

cowboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cowboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try southeastern Alabama sun! talkin bout al the girls you could ever want!
    weight: 137lbs
    weight goal: 180lbs

MAXES:
    Bench: 215lbs
    Incline: 140lbs
    BB curls: 95lbs

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some girls like little emo guys who weigh less than they do. Some like their guys jacked. Just like some guys like skinny blonde girls and some like thick brunetts or any combination of the different kinds of people.
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    they like pretty built guys, and i dont mean ronnie

Teenage Genetic Freak!! Iron Log's Avatar
    Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iron Log is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so what is the point of training, i used to train becasus i wanted a good body to attract girls, but now they say that doesnt matter
    Its sad but true. but dont quite training over it..

if a my chick ever told me "your getting to big" I would say well I guess were going to have to break up because I been working out alot longer than Ive been with you!

jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500)
    seems like lots of the girls that like buff guys are from south/western areas

i live in north east, and i traveled to like 10 states in the northeast, and no where do girls really like guys that are buff. Especially in my state. I remember though i was in Tenneessee once and i can recall it seemed like buff guys got a ton more attention from girls. So i guess it is region???
    STATS:

Bench Press = 205 x 8
    Squat = 225 x 8
    Deadlift = 365 x 8
    Shoulder Press = 155 x 8
    Barbell Row = 175 x 8

britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) britishtank20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    F-u-c-k all that **** i will f-u--c-k all them skinny little bastards bring girls want testosterone skinnys guy dont even got facil hair so f-u-c-k em all
    USMC

Originally Posted by cowboy89
    MAN WHERE DO YOU LIVE???? Shoot down here in Southern USA girls love buff guys! At school while we are working out girls are crowded by the windows watching us. I guess it depends where you are! Country girls prefer buff guess, and I guess city girls prefer them skinny guys.
    of course this is open for some discussion!
    damn if this ever happened where i was i would think the girls have gone crazy, even in our big gyms in my town, the girls that work out dont really eye up the guys... (usually the guys checking out the girls, lol) And damn, back in high school me and my buddies used to flex for the hell of it among us guys, and if girls were watching they would just ge tpissed off /disgusted and leave. lol
    STATS:

Bench Press = 205 x 8
    Squat = 225 x 8
    Deadlift = 365 x 8
    Shoulder Press = 155 x 8
    Barbell Row = 175 x 8

Originally Posted by justinbrown

women like buff guys

not speaking from expierience of course as im only 15 but thats what alot of my bros friends say (as theyr 20-25)

20-25 is not at all what i consider older, damn thats the prime of your life, i consider 40+ older...
    STATS:

Bench Press = 205 x 8
    Squat = 225 x 8
    Deadlift = 365 x 8
    Shoulder Press = 155 x 8
    Barbell Row = 175 x 8

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

women like buff guys

I agree with this. A lot of girls think muscles are gross but when I'm around older women they apreciate the hard work that goes into it. Kind of a double edged sword. It means that it's kind of hard to get girls, but who knows? You might hit the jackpot instead and get a MILF

p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) p8nto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your statement and findings are very generalized. While some girls don't like HUGE guys, they definently love a "ripped" guy. By ripped, I don't mean just the 4-6% bf guys, i mean anything under 10% if you have a good amount of muscle. The problem is though, many people work out because they are insecure about themselves rather than to be in great condition and to stay healthy. On here, you'll find more of the dedicated people that are more interested in how they feel and look, rather than how some girl feels about how they look.

jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, so heres the deal. lets say 20% of women like buff guys and 80% don't, well for one thing women put a lot of stock in personality so you arent sold out yet, and for another, less than 20% of guys are big and buff, so your chances actually improve.

You shouldn't be working out for the ladies anyway.

At the end of the day, women who say they don't like big guys are either thinking of BIG guys like ronnie coleman, or they're lying. Put all those little emo bitches in the gym with one big buff guy and tell them all to start working out. Now introduce a bunch of ladies into the training environment, pretty sure they'll flock to the big guy, not just because he is outperforming everyone else (and women are attracted to power and ability), but he is also DIFFERENT. Different is a good thing, it attracts women, especially when you aren't different in an overtly bad way.

edit: one more thing, on a high school track team, I usually see more girls flirt with throwers (who are decidedly unasthetic) than with distance runners. Power=Good
    Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one.

Lift the damn weight, and eat the damn food. It's as hard and as complicated as you make it.

hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by britishtank20
    F-u-c-k all that **** i will f-u--c-k all them skinny little bastards bring girls want testosterone skinnys guy dont even got facil hair so f-u-c-k em all
    dude what the hell are u talkin about?

jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtylerboy222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i also think it depends on where you live...but yes..ive talked to my friends that are girls(im 16) and most of them like the toned/defined body look..they dont like the thickness and mass.. and i also agree with, 'the older they get the more they appreciate it', and they like more of a security feeling from a strong man by their sides ..lol just my 2 cents

Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i love how people equate being buff or ripped with a professional bodybuilder.

Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000) Ujjay is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't do this to get girls. This is a personal struggle to reach physical perfection. To gain more strength than I ever had. To see myself as I've always pictured.

Have you ever accomplished something and felt proud?

Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ohh my, your research is wrong. I'm pretty big and I have no problem getting a girl:O You get a lot more looks being bigger than smaller. A lot of girls want a guy they feel is capable of protecting them.

Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think youre saying girls dont like guys that are ronnie coleman and jay cutler size. in that case i personally dont wanna be that big myself.
    16 y/o. 6'1". 154lbs.
    Nov 09/all x1
    Bench 165, Squat 240, Deadlift 210, Power Clean 175
    Goal by May 07/all x10
    Bench 210lb+, Squat 260+, Deadlift 250+, Power Clean 200(x5)

Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Girls like guys who have the marine body type (broad shoulders developed mucscles but not SUPER big with a low bf%)
    SEA Legend
    Muay Thai: 11 years
    BJJ:2 years
    Currently BULKING

ROXIE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MOD

REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You all going about this all wrong all girl care about is penis size
    Using no way as a way using no limitation as a limitation
    favor the formless form

Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank_69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

women like buff guys

thats true buddy.. Girls want abbs.. but when they grow up and become women.. they dont want to be walking around with bigger arms than the boyfriend..
    They want to feel protected, they want to be able to hold and hug you feeling safe. And that wont happen if you're walking around with 10inch arms and a boney back.
    Got annoying popups and banners? get rid of them here:
    http://www.makemycomputerfaster.net

Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

women like buff guys

I was just about to post that haha.

MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rune44
    Girls like guys who have the marine body type (broad shoulders developed mucscles but not SUPER big with a low bf%)
    Thats what all the girls that i talk to say aswell.
    "Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach. "

“I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street.”

REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) REBELZZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if u acucally talk
    Using no way as a way using no limitation as a limitation
    favor the formless form