JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Best way to get out of a keto diet...

Well, although I'm not done yet I will be in about 4-5 more weeks hopefully and I'm curious how some of you get out without gaining weight back or something. I've heard that on Atkins and such that people gain their weigth back rapidly after eating carbs again, is this true? If so, how should I reintroduce carbs without getting any crazy reaction?

Should I do a carb up and then just never go back to ketosis? Should I just one day eat like I normally would (say 40/40/20) and keep it up until I'm back?

I just wanna get some advice on this so I know when the time comes, thanks!

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'd like to know as well.

I think people suggest slowly reintroducing carbs like 20g a day.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd add carbs at breakfast and pre/post workout to start with. Don't suddenly add loads of carbs and don't up your calories just yet.

At first you will add water weight but it will level off.

Don't eat carbs after 5 either (unless those are pre/post).

DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go on and off keto all the time, and what i find works best is to just go straight back to normal diet without a carb up, make sure you dont eat refined carbs, keep everything wholegrain and if you stay within your caloric intake you wont gain anything. Sometimes i get some water weight, but if i drink plenty of water it goes away gradually.

The most important thing to keep in mind is the fundamental rule "calories in VS calories out", theoritically it dosnt matter what your diet split is.

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DagmA
    I go on and off keto all the time, and what i find works best is to just go straight back to normal diet without a carb up, make sure you dont eat refined carbs, keep everything wholegrain and if you stay within your caloric intake you wont gain anything. Sometimes i get some water weight, but if i drink plenty of water it goes away gradually.

The most important thing to keep in mind is the fundamental rule "calories in VS calories out", theoritically it dosnt matter what your diet split is.
    What determines whether you go on or off? I'm just curious...

slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DagmA

Right on the money! I think the carbup would just cause more water weight gain to start off with. Just remember, the slower you go, the easier it will be.

DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Originally Posted by jaim91
    What determines whether you go on or off? I'm just curious...
    I tend not to stay on a CKD diet for longer than a month or so, maybe 4 weeks keto, then one or two weeks 40/40/20. Reason i do this is that i feel it gives me better results by shaking things up.