uk2fans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question New here and trying to gain weight

This is my first time posting here and I got a couple basic questions.

First off I'm 19 yrs old, 6'1" 145 lbs. I didn't start lifting until last janurary and I was 6'1" 132. So I gained weight for about the first 4 or 5 months of working out. I've hit a wall and haven't been able to gain any weight for the last 4 months. I workout 5 times a week and eat a lot but can't seem to gain weight. I don't have a true workout routine, I always do a couple sets of bench press and curls and then I just seem to throw other stuff in.

Any suggestions on how I can gain weight and muscle? New workout rountine? Supplements?

Thanks

bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get some weight gainer supplements like Cell-Mass or something of the sort. Next would be some Whey Protein (100% Whey from Optimum is great) and get some creatine if not already taking it. Also, try to eat more (i know it may sound tough). It will help with the adding of the poundage. Now, don't start eating Greasy, Fatty, Foods. Stick to healthy food to gain the healthy weight.

I'm currently taking Body Fortress Whey protein , not sure if the stuff works or not, but it's not seeming like it does. I thought about Creatine but isn't there a lot of negative effects from it, also I knew there are a lot of creatines out there, which ones do you suggest I should take?

digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Creatine will do nothing for you other than increase your explosive power on LOW REP exercises (which may in turn lead to increased workload and add about 5 grams to your muscles over a month, which is worthless). I think supplemental creatine is only necessary when training with one rep maxes, or when you hit a plateau, or you train in a sport that requires explosive action such as sprinting.

Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It may seem obvious, but are you increasing the weight you're lifting each time? You will only get to a certain size by lifting the same weight over and over, you might have reached this point...
    I'm out to prove that vegetarians can be body builders too.
    I'm also a loser and would appreciate positive reputation for being so nice and stuff.

yeah I've been increasing my weight as often as possible

ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by digitorum
    Creatine will do nothing for you other than increase your explosive power on LOW REP exercises (which may in turn lead to increased workload and add about 5 grams to your muscles over a month, which is worthless). I think supplemental creatine is only necessary when training with one rep maxes, or when you hit a plateau, or you train in a sport that requires explosive action such as sprinting.
    creatine can also be used in weight lifting for hypetrophy.

creatine will help u have a more intense workout, and also it will give u more strength when lifting. if u cycle it correctly u will get great results.

but make sure u always drink a lot of water throughout the day, or u MIGHT get some sideeffects

Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd suggest taking a close look at your diet then. Be sure you're getting the protein you need, and make sure you're taking that whey supplement at the right times.

You might want to consider dropping to working out just 3 or 4 times a week too, that seems to be the standard. Are you doing full body routines or splits?

All I can say is experiment a little, mess around with things and be patient to see the results.
    I'm out to prove that vegetarians can be body builders too.
    I'm also a loser and would appreciate positive reputation for being so nice and stuff.

doing split routines, What creatine would you suggest? I drink A LOT of water too

derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ignore all the supplement oriented posts. You do not get big off supplements. You get big off excess calories, PERIOD! There is no other answer. Start eating like a horse and you will grow the muscles you desire. Lots of complex carbs, proteins, fats (healthy). Although you can throw in just about anything, even if its garbage to get the calories in you.

All the creatine posts in this thread are incorrect.

Remember to eat. It is as simple as that.
    6'2 215lbs ~Less than 10% bf
    Eat, lift, life. If you're not eating, your not gaining.
    Knowledge > Estats, Elifts, pictures.

Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    eat. alot. plenty of protein and carbs. get a real workout routine.
    [QUOTE=derek1986]

QUOTE]
    hes wrong. thats why hes in the red. SizeOn is by far, the best creatine product. u might not gain much weight, but you will get bigger. they have plenty to read about it on here also.
    COD4 on PS3. PSN: G-Jimbo type "misc" in the message

thanks guys

derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=disturb3d15]eat. alot. plenty of protein and carbs. get a real workout routine.
    Originally Posted by derek1986

QUOTE]
    hes wrong. thats why hes in the red. SizeOn is by far, the best creatine product. u might not gain much weight, but you will get bigger. they have plenty to read about it on here also.
    IM wrong because my rep is red? LMAO! My e-reputation influences it that much? Little boys dont like to hear "supplements dont work" because thats the only thing they are dedicated to, because they certainly arent dedicated to a diet (hence their size).
    6'2 215lbs ~Less than 10% bf
    Eat, lift, life. If you're not eating, your not gaining.
    Knowledge > Estats, Elifts, pictures.