Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Reactionz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reactionz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reactionz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lOver[bOy]
    Hi all!

I was wondering how do you get a V-shape and abs like Usher? (here's a picture http://funweb.epfl.ch/site0506/danza...s/usher-04.jpg)

I guess you need to have some mass and be at a certain BF% or it's all genetic?

Thanks!
    a relatively low bf% and work ur hip flexors to create this look. do thing like dumbell lunges, etc.

Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vtaper is ur lats tho
    Hello

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shay14
    Im with you on that now, im from africa, and comments like that are not acceptable, think before you say something
    Yeah, Africa is just a fountain of prosperity and enlightenment.
    10 years Miscing

dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dts1789 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by paycheck
    I mean the guy benches 135 so that tells you everything right there.
    Doesn't tell you anything
    Horror movie thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1776961

start wearing purple! benjamin88's Avatar
    benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    u will never have a body that looks like ushers, its genetics, theres so many varibles involved, if u were the same weight, bodyfat and height, u still wuldnt have a body that looks like his

you can

a get bigger
    b get cut

thats it..

Obessive Personality speedjunkie's Avatar
    speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I saw a show where Usher said he works out 2 hours a day. LOL. If that's what you get from working out 2 hours a day he needs to hire a personal trainer or some ****. I bet he doesn't work out 1 min a day and that's just how he is naturally.
    Last edited by speedjunkie; 10-07-2006 at 07:16 AM.

xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    look at all these ppl saying "this guys body sucks" when they probably have a worse body than his...lol

to have abs..you need to be low in bodyfat

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xec
    your steretypical ignorant view of 'ethiopians' angers me...i have a friend from that country and hes a very good guy...in some areas your dinner consists of stale bread and dirty water from a mud puddle...or you just slowly die of hunger.

but hey, im sure you would like to have 'abs' like this over ushers since he looks so horrible to you:

everyone has different bodybuilding goals, we dont all want to look like monsters, usher looks like he has a nice athletic & slim body with a pretty solid core, if he hit the weights hard he would get big...but he doesnt need to because thats not his goal..
    Oh cry me a ****ing river. I was joking.

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by djartek
    Here is what a V-Taper and Abs should look like

Usher has a V-Taper...LMFAO
    No, this is a "REAL" V-Taper.

http://www.smart-weight-training.fr/...cutler-big.jpg
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

DerekS95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekS95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DerekS95
    No offense, but those were some "soft" exercises for building a good V-Taper and it left out Deadlifting most of all. Though Deadlifting may not build a V-Taper as much as a Lat Pulldown or pullup, it is still needed for putting meat on those lats and back.

Lat-Pulldowns
    Deadlifts
    Pull-Ups
    Seated Row
    Seated Row with Lat Pulldown bar
    1 Arm Dumbbell Rows

Refer to this for more

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...ainMuscle=Lats
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

DerekS95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DerekS95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol none taken. if you feel you can offer better advice then i did, GO FOR IT!

coachfrickle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coachfrickle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xec
    your steretypical ignorant view of 'ethiopians' angers me...i have a friend from that country and hes a very good guy...in some areas your dinner consists of stale bread and dirty water from a mud puddle...or you just slowly die of hunger.

but hey, im sure you would like to have 'abs' like this over ushers since he looks so horrible to you:

everyone has different bodybuilding goals, we dont all want to look like monsters, usher looks like he has a nice athletic & slim body with a pretty solid core, if he hit the weights hard he would get big...but he doesnt need to because thats not his goal..
    THAT IS MY GOAL. I'VE ALWAYS WANTED SOME ABS LIKE THAT MAN!!!! OH HE TURNS ME ON. and yeah like everyone said to get a v-crotch just lower your bf%.

TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Reactionz
    no those are ur hip flexors.
    a V-shape/tapor is the shape of ur body from waist to shoulders.
    how do u get ur hip flexors more defined?

Hip Flexors get developped in Oblique work. Hanging kee raises with the twist to the left and right work great.

rockstar2be has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lOver[bOy] View Post
    So to have a v-shape you just need low bf?
    No, you also need to work your lats and deltoids plus low BF

rockstar2be has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh, then you need to work the obliques plus low BF. The V shape everyone else is talking about is from the shoulders to waist

RuFlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lOver[bOy] View Post
    I don't want to look like him but I would like to have v-shape and abs like him.
    Focus on lats, shoulders, smaller waist.. Sorry these guys couldn't give you a straight answer.. lmfao

Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian_I is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Adonis (Apollos) Belt or Iliac Furrow

k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Old thread is old.

V taper is more about image/proportions and scapula stretching.

Wider delts add to look, thinner waist (don't overdo it on the obliques and the hip flexors), and of course lat work all help.
    Tallest Mexican on the board?

competitive swimmer fitnessnewb's Avatar
    fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessnewb is just really nice. (+1000)
    V taper = lats + shoulders + small waist(low bf) + take it easy on the obliques + (having hardly any traps helps too)
    abs = low bodyfat, + work them out
    My swimming log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122562471&goto=newpost

PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PositiveK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wouldn't u prefer looking like Usher in the Confessions video instead of that picture taken in 97/98 during his My Way days.

O yeah by the way Usher's the best

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. biggerthanlavar's Avatar
    biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Brian_I View Post
    Adonis (Apollos) Belt or Iliac Furrow
    ^ this.
    Obsessed is a word used often by the lazy, in order to describe the dedicated.

Working to get sub 10% BF for the first time in my life!!!

chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriscussion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i used to have a good V, but then i stopped and i lost it just lay down on your back, lift up your legs less then 6 inches off the ground, do that for a few reps and sets everynight and it works your lower abs which defines your V

YOUR MOTHER'S BOOTY CALL steelo79's Avatar
    steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    low bodyfat for the lower v. but you can't just "cut down" and magically have abs like those. if you don't already have a decent amount of muscle UNDER the fat, then you can cut all you want, and still not have a 6-pack. simply put, if you already have some decent muscle to work with, cut down. if not, bulk up and build some muscle, THEN cut down.
    my journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125520783

CHIR0N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lots of cable crunches, plus torso rotational exercises with things like medicine balls, and Russian crunches.
    The machine does not feel, think, or ask questions; it just executes......

"We suffer because we want..." -Buddha

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -fight club

bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FatKidsOnMopeds View Post
    **** abs.
    repped
    Bodybuilding literally saved my life.

Lift Starting/Current
    Squat 160/365
    Deadlift 150/455
    Bench 140/315
    DB Overhead Press 30's/85's

PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaKIM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dixon View Post
    Yeah, Africa is just a fountain of prosperity and enlightenment.
    are you ****ing serious? I'm far from African but you are just a racist ***

binxlola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u racist ass wipe!!!

Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by binxlola View Post
    u racist ass wipe!!!
    strong bump