daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Alternate heavy/light session of deadlifts ?

Hi everyone !

I'm wondering how many days I should wait between two deadlifts session. Is it better to alternate between heavy/moderate/light days ? I'd like to dead 2 times a week but I'm not sure if it good because my hips and lower back sometimes take 2-3 days to heal.

Thanks for your advice !

heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX
    Hi everyone !

I'm wondering how many days I should wait between two deadlifts session. Is it better to alternate between heavy/moderate/light days ? I'd like to dead 2 times a week but I'm not sure if it good because my hips and lower back sometimes take 2-3 days to heal.

Thanks for your advice !
    hmm... If you're squatting as well then really IMO there's no need to deadlift more than once a week, as squatting compliments deadlift and deadlift compliments squat. If it were me, I'd just do it once a week, but everyone trains differently.

Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Deadlifting twice a week is fine, try something like:

Session1:
    Heavy squat
    Light deadlift

Session2:
    Heavy deadlift
    Light squat

Start with quite low volume, and build the volume up over a couple of months.
    Professional strength and conditioning coach - Rugby Union

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Five
    Deadlifting twice a week is fine, try something like:

Session1:
    Heavy squat
    Light deadlift

Session2:
    Heavy deadlift
    Light squat

Start with quite low volume, and build the volume up over a couple of months.
    Thanks man, I thought about it but wasn't sure. I also wanna add sumo squats, so maybe I could alternate that also.

Thanks !

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I `d do it like this :

Monday

heavy deads alternated with heavy rack pulls + Light speed squats

Thursday

heavy squats alternated with box squats + light speed deads
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice