trashman9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lke to get some advice on how to incorporate yoga in my schdeule

I was planning to lift heavy (3-6 reps) 3 times a week plus one day core and the rest of the days do cardio. I have some recurring problems and pain in my lower back partly i believe because of tight hamstrings. Because of this id like to add some yoga for stretch purposes but I dont know on witch days i should do it and how many days i need yoga. I was thinking maybe 3 times a week? So the questions is should I do the yoga on lift days before or after lifting or should i do it on cardio days before or after?

Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would do a general lifting routine like All Pros or Fierce 5. There is no need to do a separate day for 'core' - this is achieved by doing heavy compound lifts in any case. You don't need to do yoga to fix a specific issue like lower back unless you particularly want to do yoga generally. I would just do 2-3 sets of cable pullthroughs with 15-20 reps twice a week after my main routine.

Thank you for the reply.

I agree with what you wrote about the core day. i never done that before. But I was gonna try some new low impact exercises that target small areas that you wont with just heavy lifting. This is also for my lower back. I am open to skip that day and do those exercises at other times like after a lift day or cardio perhaps. I might not necessarily "need" yoga but I heard and read about a lot of people who got great results for it and pullthroughs wont help my tight hamstrings. Even a physiotherapist have recommended me yoga. Either way I have decided to give it a try and the question remans, When should I do it? Cardio days or lifting days?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I would do a general lifting routine like All Pros or Fierce 5. There is no need to do a separate day for 'core' - this is achieved by doing heavy compound lifts in any case. You don't need to do yoga to fix a specific issue like lower back unless you particularly want to do yoga generally. I would just do 2-3 sets of cable pullthroughs with 15-20 reps twice a week after my main routine.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I just dislike the everything-and-the-kitchen sink approach to fitness. For most peoples goals, they don't actually need to do most of what they do. Body recomposition is achievable using basic weight training and dietary control. Cardio isn't necessary either for this type of goal.

Like I said, if you want to do yoga because you want to do yoga then you can do it on any day - it's low intensity so it's not like you need to pick a day when you are going to get optimal performance like you might if you were doing a powerlifting routine.

If you just want to loosen your hamstring and fix your lower back, you don't need it though. Stretch and do isolation exercises. I mentioned the pullthroughs to build lower back endurance, not to loosen your hamstring - although working a tight muscle through a full ROM with moderate resistance can only help.

I hear ya. The cardio is def helps with fatburning though, let me not be crazy strict with the diet and I want to have some endurance as well. Appreciate the answer. Im aslo gonna start doing the pullthroughs actually. I agree that a lot of times people do unnecessary stuff. But its fun to mix it up a bit sometimes.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I just dislike the everything-and-the-kitchen sink approach to fitness. For most peoples goals, they don't actually need to do most of what they do. Body recomposition is achievable using basic weight training and dietary control. Cardio isn't necessary either for this type of goal.

Like I said, if you want to do yoga because you want to do yoga then you can do it on any day - it's low intensity so it's not like you need to pick a day when you are going to get optimal performance like you might if you were doing a powerlifting routine.

If you just want to loosen your hamstring and fix your lower back, you don't need it though. Stretch and do isolation exercises. I mentioned the pullthroughs to build lower back endurance, not to loosen your hamstring - although working a tight muscle through a full ROM with moderate resistance can only help.