Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    On alcohol fueled hiatus seanpatrickb's Avatar
    seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Jay Hurt His Place In History With Win

I was thinking about it the other night, and i actually think with this win he hurt his place in bodybuilding history. I believe he wont win another o', and if he does it will be one. So now, 50 years down the road he will just be a one or two time mr olympia winner, instead of one of the best bodybuilders not to win an o', like flex and levrone. I personally feel levrone, and especially flex will be remembered longer than jay, because they never won. Yeah, its a great feat to win, but im talking about jays legacy in the far off future. Who else think this may have hurt it?

The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Masterpeice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    worst thread/argument ever

ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LoL

daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daniel77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think the opposite, he broke the streak before the record for most wins was broken by Ronnie Coleman.

JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No.

Let me rephrase that so it's a little nicer: No.
    Meet PRs @220
    Squat: 675, (8-22-2008)
    Bench: 455, (8-22-2008)
    Deadlift: 611, (3-29-2008)
    Total: 1735, (8-22-2008)

Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought something similar earlier.

It annoys the hell outa me that the people who persistantly come second like flex and levrone, both amazing bodybuilders may I add, will be looked upon very well in the future, as nearly men, yet Jay may as you say now fade away as a one timer like dickerson.
    but who was lift

seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by daniel77
    I think the opposite, he broke the streak before the record for most wins was broken by Ronnie Coleman.
    I forgot about that. Ronnie can still get it though. I did forget about that though. You cant really scoff at this post at all, because how do you know what they're going to think in 50 years. This is just my opinion, which is no more outlandish than anything else, because we dont know what will be thought at all.

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by The Masterpeice
    I have to agree
    I dont understand what he is trying to say anyone that wins the O is the best BB in the world for that year and will go down in history for that.

Originally Posted by BigStew
    I have to agree
    I dont understand what he is trying to say anyone that wins the O is the best BB in the world for that year and will go down in history for that.
    On paper, but who do people remember more, dickerson, or flex wheeler.

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by seanpatrickb
    I was thinking about it the other night, and i actually think with this win he hurt his place in bodybuilding history. I believe he wont win another o', and if he does it will be one. So now, 50 years down the road he will just be a one or two time mr olympia winner, instead of one of the best bodybuilders not to win an o', like flex and levrone. I personally feel levrone, and especially flex will be remembered longer than jay, because they never won. Yeah, its a great feat to win, but im talking about jays legacy in the far off future. Who else think this may have hurt it?

Maybe if it was 1980 or something

But Jay Cutler broke the trend, he beat the reigning Mr Olympia after 8 years. The last person to beat a Mr Olympia was Haney in 1984 (I believe) against Bannout. Remember Bannout was a one time winner. For someone to beat a Mr Olmypia with an actual streak over 2 or 3 is unheard of.

Jay Cutler at the very least will be remmebered as the man who knocked Ronnie off after so many years which is quite memorable.

I mean look at how many people remmber Arnold winning in 1980 because he came back from years of retirement and beat Zane who was on a streak. This is like 1980 but even worse becuase the person doing it (Jay) never won an Olympia before like Arnold and the person being beat (Coleman) had a long streak of 8 unlike zanes 3.

keeper of the holy oat Rogier77's Avatar
    Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    People remember Flew and Levrone because they were great bodybuilders, not because they always came in second. You're saying no one would speak of levrone now if he had won the O? I don't believe that.
    [url]http://members.lycos.nl/kakarot_195/Progress5.JPG[/url]
    [url]http://members.lycos.nl/kakarot_195/June2005.JPG[/url]
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=395321&d=1169853042

6'4 177lbs
    Ectomorph
    I still think we should nuke everest into the Mariana Trench... it's all about creating balance!

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    On paper, but who do people remember more, dickerson, or flex wheeler.
    I have always said that Flex is the best uncrowned BB of all time I believe that he was better than any other BB minus Ronnie and Dorian
    But to win a Mr O title cements you in the history books

I'm saying he wouldnt be rememberd as much many years down the road if he didnt come in 2nd four times. This is just my opinion though, a discussion, theres no right or wrong answer.

Dr. Squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If anything Jay helped himself by knocking Coleman out. Jay is already immortilized by a lot of younger bodybuilders. I believe that he has not tarnished that by winning this year.

187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Guardian
    Maybe if it was 1980 or something

But Jay Cutler broke the trend, he beat the reigning Mr Olympia after 8 years. The last person to beat a Mr Olympia was Haney in 1984 (I believe) against Bannout. Remember Bannout was a one time winner. For someone to beat a Mr Olmypia with an actual streak over 2 or 3 is unheard of.

Jay Cutler at the very least will be remmebered as the man who knocked Ronnie off after so many years which is quite memorable.

I mean look at how many people remmber Arnold winning in 1980 because he came back from years of retirement and beat Zane who was on a streak. This is like 1980 but even worse becuase the person doing it (Jay) never won an Olympia before like Arnold and the person being beat (Coleman) had a long streak of 8 unlike zanes 3.
    cudnt have put it any better

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jay is the first of the "always gets 2nd" type guys to break through into first and he stopped Ronnie from breaking the record for most wins so he will actually be remembered very well in the future.

Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy
    Jay is the first of the "always gets 2nd" type guys to break through into first and he stopped Ronnie from breaking the record for most wins so he will actually be remembered very well in the future.
    Well i also think ronnie will come back to get the record next year, so he wont have completly stopped ronnie in my mind. Wont know that till next year though.

hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The Masterpeice
    agreed

mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000)
    idiot
    HONEY!

raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agree.

Rich Gaspari almost came close, but Jay has actually done it.
    Ansew to the few pms I've gotten since popping back on-line...

NO I never got full amount back from 'him', still owed for FAKE t3 and wu fee... More than a year on I can't be bothered to carry on chasing it up.. Unfortunatly word is he is on another bb community forum still selling

hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I don't know who placed 2nd to larry scot, or to lee haney or frank zane, etc. I however do know every1 of the mr olympias. Jay will have to be remembered as long as there is bodybuilding. People can easily forget or never hear of 2nd and 3rd place winners, but not the champs...

AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To thread starter: You are so right! In all honesty I dont see the fascination with Jay.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Rich who?? Lee who??(how many thought Labrada)

Rich i think is somewhat remembered, because he was one of the first people to be ridiculously conditioned, and he has a company, but i agree about lee labrada, which is a shame, because he was really a great bodybuilder.

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah i mean imagine going down in history as yet another guy that tried and tried and was never good enough to win.....

Now Jay is going to have to settle for being the guy that fought and fought and made becoming Mr.Olympia his dream and main goal in life, unwilling to set his mind and heart on anything else until he got that title, and not only did he eventually get it....he got it through beating the current and best ever Mr.Olympia Ronnie coleman!!!

Something that everyone in the industry said was impossible to do.....

Your right......being a consistent first place loser is much better than earning the legacy of being a guy that had the heart, drive and determination to get his dream and totally shock the entire industry.....you musta been thinking long and hard about this one!!!!

I never said it was better, you must not have read my post very carefully. And thats my opinion, none of us are ifbb judges, or historians, so mine is just as good as yours.

the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500)

Question

jay cutler has got the 2007 mr.o won imo.mso thats 2 titles.

its up to jay if hes hungry enough to win more after that.

ps-victor could be the flex of this decade,not winning a mr.o,but coming so close.

Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not everyone in the world is proud to be a loser like yourself

HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

exactly.....he finally broke through. lets be honest winning the O once IS STILL WINNING THE O ONCE! your already cemented into history. anybody can talk sh*t, but few can wave a sandow in there face and say.....
    Attached Images

Can you guys not read? I didnt say which jay would prefer it, obviously he wants to be the best, thats why they compete. His legacy and the memory of jay cutler has nothing to do with jays thoughts or preferences. Yeah, i bet flex WANTED to be remembered as the best bodybuilder to not win.