ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10) ventodimare is on a distinguished road. (+10)

treadmill with or without incline?

Hi,
    everywhere it is said that running on a treadmill with a certain incline (3% or more) increases the effort and the benefits on your: calves, butts, quads, hamstrings and core. I'm referring to cardio sessions at a steady pace, around 75% heart rate (not hiit or interval training).

My trainer says that running uphill is totally wrong and that I should do my cardio steady 75% with 0% incline.

Again, I am confused here.
    Is there anybody who can shed a light on this?

Cheers

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ventodimare View Post
    Hi,
    everywhere it is said that running on a treadmill with a certain incline (3% or more) increases the effort and the benefits on your: calves, butts, quads, hamstrings and core. I'm referring to cardio sessions at a steady pace, around 75% heart rate (not hiit or interval training).

My trainer says that running uphill is totally wrong and that I should do my cardio steady 75% with 0% incline.

Again, I am confused here.
    Is there anybody who can shed a light on this?

Cheers
    Lol trainers *derp face*
    Ofc it increases the effort of all the muscles, I mean its easier to run on flat surface rather that on the incline?? If you run at 10% incline it's much more difficult. Go for it if you want, nothing wrong with it, actually running uphill you'll tend to land on the front/middle of the foot rather than on the heel (which is good).