ansonhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best high-protein, preferably GF pancake/waffle mix...

I've had excellent experience with Nicole's Naturals, a GF pancake and waffle mix, but the protein is super low (>1g/serving) and I like to add power to the pancakes regardless. I don't want to just eat plain pancakes, but they're excellent, so I'm looking for recommendations. Here's Flapjacked (17g/serving)
    MetRX Protein Pancake Mix (12g/serving)
    ProCakes (20g/serving)

Any recs? What are the best for the price? I'm reluctant to buy anything without extensive research as they are pretty expensive. I cook these with a little bit of butter, an egg, and almond milk and eat them with protein 'frosting' (usually 1-2 scoops of Cellucor with water/almond milk and vanilla extract)

Thanks!

MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcAWilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you aren't celiac, avoiding gluten will do nothing for you.

But, blending together egg whites and bananas makes very good pancake mix. Google egg banana pancakes and you'll find a bunch of different recipes. Many of which are high in protein and gluten free.

jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ive made some good ones using eggs, almond pulp, and coconut flour, and banana
    ig- jwarrenfit

always respond to pms

Originally Posted by MarcAWilson View Post
    If you aren't celiac, avoiding gluten will do nothing for you.

But, blending together egg whites and bananas makes very good pancake mix. Google egg banana pancakes and you'll find a bunch of different recipes. Many of which are high in protein and gluten free.
    Not celiac, just on a diet that has me avoiding complex carbs- 150g/protein daily, 1540 calories.

Originally Posted by jwarrenfit View Post
    ive made some good ones using eggs, almond pulp, and coconut flour, and banana
    Sounds solid- I like the mixes but I should probably make my own to avoid high cost, etc.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ansonhunter View Post
    Not celiac, just on a diet that has me avoiding complex carbs- 150g/protein daily, 1540 calories.
    Why?
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Why?
    Honestly? I'm seeing a personal trainer and he gave me the diet. High in protein, no limits on saturated fat, good meat/fat, low carb/sugar, no alcohol. My goals are bodybuilding-oriented but I'm still in my cutting phase- down 5% body fat, 10lbs fat, up 3lbs muscle.

dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could blend protein powder into your favorite mix with a little baking powder for leavening. I'll bet that would be cheaper than the others you mentioned

Originally Posted by dalylink View Post
    You could blend protein powder into your favorite mix with a little baking powder for leavening. I'll bet that would be cheaper than the others you mentioned
    Like blend it with a generic mix or with the one I mentioned?

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    When you take the protein (which is what gluten is) out of a product, the protein level will be lower. Ironically enough, gluten-containing flours will have more protein than their gluten-free substitutes.
    Since you are avoiding gluten as a proxy for avoiding carbohydrates, substituting with gluten-free carbohydrate sources is counter-productive (having you avoid carbs seems to be the goal of your trainer, even though he is doing it by having you arbitrarily avoid gluten).

If you learn to eat rationally and logically, and possibly count macros, you will not have to avoid ingredients or certain foods based on rules made up by other people that are based on nothing.

Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    When you take the protein (which is what gluten is) out of a product, the protein level will be lower. Ironically enough, gluten-containing flours will have more protein than their gluten-free substitutes.
    Since you are avoiding gluten as a proxy for avoiding carbohydrates, substituting with gluten-free carbohydrate sources is counter-productive (having you avoid carbs seems to be the goal of your trainer, even though he is doing it by having you arbitrarily avoid gluten).

If you learn to eat rationally and logically, and possibly count macros, you will not have to avoid ingredients or certain foods based on rules made up by other people that are based on nothing.
    That's rational- I'm using a macro counting website right now. It feels like people fall into the no-gluten camp of banana/egg/whey mixtures or gluten and protein within that rationale. I'm interested in that application and where I would go from there.

andregodfrey21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    P28 buttermilk buckwheat pancake dry mix...28gs of protein per 2 pancakes.

Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ansonhunter View Post
    Honestly? I'm seeing a personal trainer and he gave me the diet. High in protein, no limits on saturated fat, good meat/fat, low carb/sugar, no alcohol. My goals are bodybuilding-oriented but I'm still in my cutting phase- down 5% body fat, 10lbs fat, up 3lbs muscle.
    I mean, if it's working and you enjoy it go for it, but there is no reason to avoid carbs/sugar within moderation granted you stay in your calories and his fat/protein mins.

For protein pancakes- the MetRX mix is friggin delicious.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like Kodiak Power Cakes. It's based off of the frontier pancake recipe and uses real ingredients, tastes awesome, and has a lot of protein. You can also find it at Target and Wal-Mart for cheap.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP do you know what gluten is?
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Give my recipe a shot?

Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    My protein pancake recipe;

I just use protein powder + eggs.. maybe some apple pectin. never turns out like rubber.. Hot pan and medium heat is important though.

I like to just make 1 big pancake, slather the toppings and fold it into triangles..
    1. 1 egg + 2 whites. (I prefer less yolks because I find that too many yolks makes it too eggy and ruins the taste) + 1 tbsp of fibre (optional) + 30g of protein powder (whey+casein mix gives the best results IMO)

2. Heat pan on high. Once a drop of batter cooks instantly on the surface, turn the heat to medium. Drop batter into pan

3. Wait till bubbles appear on the top and the sides come loose easily. Fold/roll and slide off pan.

Macros (estimated):
    CALS: 231 kcals
    FAT: 6.4g
    CARBS: 4.0g
    PROTEIN: 37.4g

^my pic and recipe.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    οΏ½ Jerry West οΏ½
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    I like Kodiak Power Cakes. It's based off of the frontier pancake recipe and uses real ingredients, tastes awesome, and has a lot of protein. You can also find it at Target and Wal-Mart for cheap.

I bought some of these at costco. Found that adding the 1 egg per serving was the ticket. They were a bit heavy as just mix and water, but with the egg, magnificent.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    I bought some of these at costco. Found that adding the 1 egg per serving was the ticket. They were a bit heavy as just mix and water, but with the egg, magnificent.
    Yeah, that's my preference too. They are phenomenal. I like to throw bacon bits in them while they're cooking.