sleepless.john has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How often is too much?

I was reading up some of the FAQ's on the forum, and one of the threads said that if you work out too much you will develop plataeus. What does this mean in context of working out? Like, supposing I worked out 6 out of the 7 days in the week, how will that effect me? And how many off days should I take?

James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10) James.Unit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    not looked at the links... but its simple... ur body grows/recovers when it rests...

the secret is getting the right balance for urself...

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sleepless: you will get Plateaus in Bodybuilding REGARDLESS of what you do!

it is the nature of the beast: the body is NOT capable of infinitely steady linear progression....there will be peaks and valleys and plateaus, just the way it is......

that is why I harp on people who come on here and worry about "no progress" for relatively short periods of time: if you are in this thing for life, as many of us, progress is measured over long stretches of time......

Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ustein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    plateaus are part of the game, I myself don't like working out 6-7 days a week, I will go for 4 day routine at the most. but do what works for you best, trial and error are about the only ways. just make sure you are getting proper rest for each muscle group

Would it be adventageous to go running on the days off?

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sleepless.john
    Nothing wrong with a little cardio.
    However, running long distances will likely impede your muscle and strength gains.

Aahh, with reference to the plateua thing. I thought it was some medical term that I was unaware of. I didn't know it was used as a metaphorical sense in this case. Sorry ^^;

jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sleepless.john
    Cardio 3 days a week would be good. I wouldn't overdo it though. Probably better to limit it to 45 minutes or less.

I was planning to run around my campus, which is around 2 miles. So two rounds around the campus should come out to about 4 miles give or take.