Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Nixed Protein shake for for FOOD

after i left the gym I said let me try to see how it would be like if i ate a meal after my work out than chugging down a shake that gives me gas anyways, i swung by Boston Chicken and had 2 chicken breasts,rice, and stuffing. the next day when i woke up i felt more recovered than i would wth a Protein shake. i think im a stick to this routine for a while and see how my gains come.

TDurden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've noticed much better results on a similiar protocol (food not a shake). Got the idea from a previous post which stated that waiting for 40 minutes to an hour after working out to consume carbs and protein, allows you to get the highest possible spike in your GH and Test levels. Real food sure feels alot better that far from the workout.

Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by TDurden
    I've noticed much better results on a similiar protocol (food not a shake). Got the idea from a previous post which stated that waiting for 40 minutes to an hour after working out to consume carbs and protein, allows you to get the highest possible spike in your GH and Test levels. Real food sure feels alot better that far from the workout.
    you know its funny cause i ate about 45 minutes after i worked out, with traffic,and waiting on line for food and all. interesting anyone else with thoughts>>?

TDurden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Again for myself I noticed better results eating whole foods, (corn flakes, wheat bread, cottage cheese, yogurt, wheat germ, fruit, peanut butter and jelly) 40 minutes after my workout. I eat a big breakfast before I workout so this also helps, but I really beleive that waiting for 40 minutes to an hour gives your body the largest test and GH boost. Has anyone ever seen evidence to support this? I know have seen physical size and strength gains but higher test levels (annual blood test) as well.

Pblogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really like shakes personally most of the time.. but thats because I use them as a meal replacement. Sometimes whole foods do just feel better. Ussually I do a shake about 30 - 40 minutes after my workout, and then for my next meal about 2 - 2.5 hours later I have a good whole food meal.

I think whatever workes for you personally is great. I interchange.

better recovery

ive worked my legs, had me a nice meal of steaks , mashed potatos , greens,carrots and the next day fet more recovered then i would with a shake. today i jst worked my chest and biceps, ive trashed them in the gym today and hadme the same meal, with a shake before work out, so i'll see how my recovery is tommorow, other than that im feeling a lot better than i would with a shake, 810% to be exact.

Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Psycorower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only need to consume a post workout shake within 30 mins of cessation of exercise comes when high voulmes of cardio are involved. In this case consumption of 1.5g per kg body weight of CHO should be consumed within 2 hours and preferably within 20 mins if glycogen levels are to be returned towards normal within 24 hrs. Obviously high GI foods, easily digestible solids or liquids work just as well as one another. Also the addition of protein to the CHO consumed during the first hour further stimulates glycogen recovery (almost doubles the insulin response).

Protein intake is highly recommended within the first hour but is not NEEDED in the first 30mins or so. Protein as you very well know IS needed within this first hour though because BCAA make up about one third of muscle protein and during exercise these are broken down and excreted. Intake of BCAA at the time of muscle breakdown is the best insurance against catabolism.

It's better to be safe and try consume your shake, food or whatver within the first 30mins if at all possible, 40mins should be fine if just doing wieght training with no cardio but try not to leave it any longer than that.
    So, have you heard about the oyster who went to a disco and pulled a mussel?

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

There are two seasons in Scotland - June and Winter.

The great thing about Glasgow is that if there's a nuclear attack it'll look exactly the same afterwards.

bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always have a combination of whey/caesin shake an hour befroe I workout and during my workouts I take beverly amino's every five or so minutes. This keeps a constant supply of amino acids in my bloodsteam so muscle is not sacrificed for energy. Then after my workout, I generally have a whole food meal. Using this protocol, I have lost alot of fat and actually put on 3 pounds of muscle. To make things even better, I am dieting for a contests.