Cuttingrut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cuttingrut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cuttingrut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cuttingrut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cuttingrut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cuttingrut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Just got told I've gone 'fat'. Women who lift, a little help please!

Hi
    Relatively new here, so hope I posted this in the right section. I've been having a few days of questioning my training AND my diet, primarily because of 'what people say'. Stupid to care i know, but honestly, its just one of those moments.
    I'm working on that long, slow road of gaining muscle and losing fat...together and so far I've felt I'm getting results. Basically, its split workouts 6 days a week, steady state cardio three days and 30 minutes interval cardio for the other three days and sunday's a complete rest. Also, since I go low carb all week, saturday night to sunday night is my carb up. Almost hooked to it, since my lifts don't go up without it lol
    I've made strange observations:
    Gained an inch on my waist (26 inches) since I began heavy squats, BUT my abs are more visible and my core literally feels hard.
    Thighs gone up by .5 or so, BUT higher quad definition AND my butt has 'risen' a haha
    Chest same if not a littleee smaller
    Almost an inch gained on the hip so its 34.5 or 35 somedays, though could be my butt just trying to get into shape
    Arms are the same as before BUT appear bigger and more ripped than ever before.
    and all this while my weight that was 53kgs before may be 54 kgs or 55 (max) by now. I'm not sure, since my refeeds leave me heavier for DAYS and I only return to normal by saturday and...then its a refeed again but last saturday it was 53.5 :s
    Anyway, I was powerwalking today and a woman I know, came up to me and said her trainer 'observed' how my legs have gone pretty big and started consoling me in a weird way saying how this is a good weight for me however i better not move up a kg to 55 :/. and the day before a male friend said how my legs have definition now, AND a trainer said I've got good legs now. But regardless, I feel almost demotivated. Am I being delusional and actually just getting fat and assuming its 'muscle'? Must I do more cardio or eat lesser?
    My daily intake is 1200 calories made up of salmon, eggs, sometimes a glass of milk, cottage cheese, almonds, almond butter, and vegetables like spinach, cucumbers, cabbage etc.
    I'm focusing more on major lifts for now, like chest presses, squats, leg press etc, but of course I add in accessory exercises and machines like rows, pulldowns etc and body weights like push ups.
    Is it time to switch to plyometrics, weightless lunges, squats, and cardio circuits?
    Because honestly, I really like lifting heavy...i just don't know how big is too big.
    i've been 170lbs before, and going back to that...if you've lost weight you'll know how you'll always be haunted by that 'fat demon', and the memories lol

MrsMaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you wont be building muscle on 1200 cals a day.
    http://www.4hotels.co.uk/

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would go here and read errrrything: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150759963

It sounds like you could see even better results by training and eating a little more effectively. I think you're doing too much cardio and not eating enough, esp if you want to gain muscle.

littlekitty13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I doubt you are gaining any muscle on 1200. If anything it is your muscles swelling from possible DOMS. I went through a similiar phase last November with p90x and insanity on 1200 cals.
    Also I can understand your fears of successfully losing a lot of weight and to only put that weight back on can scream failure. I've been there, it's also a vicious cycle.
    I ran into posts by gokaleo.com, pretty awesome woman btw. According to BMI charts she's obese but according to fittests and bodyfat percentage she's muscular and pretty damn fit.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^Mirin' dinosaur

OP you need to eat more than 1200 cals seriously. Eat more, do squats, deadlift, bench, rows, ohp and you'll be fine.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 195x1
    OHP: 105x4
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Lulzy Ham tees and workout gear - cafepress.com/hamtoons
    *Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron

*SPONSORED CHAMPION LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172333623
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is no gaining anything on 1200 calories...those are cutting numbers.
    Online Nutrition Coach
    http://www.iron-kim.com/

Over 40 bb of the week - http://www.bodybuilders.com/kimberly-lachance.html

National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Over35 Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159462681