Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Dont u think gyms would be better without the a/c??

Its stupid the idea of having a gym with an a/c if ur going to the gym to sweat and having an ac makes it so difficult to sweat ....i mean maybe if a gym wouldnt have an ac that means u sweat and u dont have to do that much cardio after all....i was thinking of that cuz i went to this gym in dominican republic and u see all these guys with low body fat % and when i ask him how many times does he do cardio he told 1 or 2 times a week with min sessions..and he told me that in that gym since its kinda open they sweat like crazy (i did too) so what do u guys think wouldnt it be way better if the gym just had fresh air and not an ac ???

Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haha, dumbass.

Yeah, lets all work out in 10000 degree temperatures, then, we'll be ripped to shreads.

Sweat doesnt mean fat loss, at all. it is the regulation if body temperature.
    but who was lift

whistler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lintford
    Haha, dumbass.
    Try and reply without that "ur stupid" mentality

GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heh no, but my gyme is a bit on the cool side, i belive he kips it 67 in there so i usually wear a sweatshirt to avoid my muscles from getting cold and strained.

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by whistler
    Try and reply without that "ur stupid" mentality
    why should he?
    Lintford's right; the OP is an ass.

WTF do you think they have air conditioning for? air conditioning's great. it significantly improves workout quality - i wouldn't want to work out at a place that didn't have it. it's not nice working out when you're very hot - it's good to keep cool.

My Business Is Serious InternetsUser's Avatar
    InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Air conditioning in a gym isn't "stupid" but if it is excessive it isn't helping anything. I prefer cooler temperatures to warmer temperatures, but when I'm working out I don't care much as long as I'm not overheating or anything. If I cool down too much I fall out of the "zone"

Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Scenario: your at the gym on a really hot day trying to bench press, there's no a/c, you've been working hard for half an hour already and your sweating you start your reps, you get overheated and lose energy, you try to push the weight up, you pass out, the weight falls on your face.

creatine is water retention, why do so many people take creatine if they want to sweat? water is about 80% of your body why do you want to lose it?

Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yah a/c is a good idea man, esp kuz when its hot people fatigue and get lazy and just want a place to cool down. i was workin out the other day in a pretty cool room and this guy was like holy crap its freezing up here aren't you cold? and i was like no bcuz i was sweating from doin some intense workouts

Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000) Sanj- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yea....great idea sport.
    wat

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rune44
    Scenario: your at the gym on a really hot day trying to bench press, there's no a/c, you've been working hard for half an hour already and your sweating you start your reps, you get overheated and lose energy, you try to push the weight up, you pass out, the weight falls on your face.

creatine is water retention, why do so many people take creatine if they want to sweat? water is about 80% of your body why do you want to lose it?
    exactly.
    why would you want to lose water? why would people on here be drinking 1-2 gallons of water every day if they wanted to lose it all?

a/c is a good thing to have in the gym - drop this fake hardcore mentality and grow up. no matter how hardcore you think you are, workout quality will be affected if there's no a/c and it's hot.

bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try having no ac in florida..you wouldnt make it out of the gym alive here.
    ronnie coleman is a lardass.
    benching max - 495
    bicepts curl - 225

Believe the Unbelievable! TeamInzer's Avatar
    TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000)
    wtf

Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100) Kano is not very well liked. (-100)
    another teen section classic
    Purple Drank
    4 oz. cough syrup w/codeine
    Bottle Sprite
    1 jolly rancher

Height: 5'9" Weight: 195lb BF12%

IF YOU MAKE RACIAL REMARKS AGAINST BLACK PPL AGAIN IN YOUR SIG, YOU WILL BE BANNED!
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WTF? What a stupid thread.

JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepSheep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Baddd idea, I couldn't imagine the gym without heat either now that its gettin cooler here. Wakin up at 430AM in the cold then goin into a cold gym, now that would suck.
    Weight: 202
    Bench: 315 x 1

Taking: OFF CYCLE

Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wish my gym had A/C. It's hot as hell in that place.
    ***BMBC***

Get HYOOGE or Die Tryin'

April '09...It WILL be done.

u guys...srsly... FatKidsOnMopeds's Avatar
    FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatKidsOnMopeds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    a/c sucks hard. can't get a sweat. there's a gym here i never go to for that reason, theres this huuuuuge fan in the ceiling i feel like im in a goddamn blizzard everytime i go in there.

ZZ Top has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The a/c has its ups and downs. It depends on the person, if your the kinda person that actually likes to get a sweat going on then the a/c really sucks. If your the kinda person that doesnt need to sweat to get pumped then lifting without a/c sucks, it just depends on the person
    While one man's affraid of looking inferior, the other man is busy making mistakes and becoming superior...

amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amt87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just loving the idea of having to wring my towel out, before moving on to the next machine and wipe another puddle of some guys sweat.

Don't you just love the it's not a cardio work out unless your dripping and lets just leave the puddle to motivate who ever comes along next guys

theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why all of the sudden is this guy a dumbass? Theres a big myth that a lot of people believe sweating makes you lose weight or become ripped. Now a lot of the more experienced people on here know thats not true... but obviously he doesn't, is it really a big deal? I mean just tell him that it's not healthy an has no benifits an leave it at that. That what the forums are for... asking questions.

theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lintford, since every time someone makes a thread asking a question some people consider stupid, or its a topic been explained a lot an you either call call them a dumbass or ****tard or whatever, or tell them to use the god damn search button, I decided to look up some of the thread you made when you first joined:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=634683 -creatine thread asking how much you should take, hmm coulda searched?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=634681 - oo another creatine thread asking how much you should take an what you should take with it... coulda searched?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=631290 - overtraining thread where you saying hurting the next day is good...

So instead of jumping all over these noobs, calling them names, help them like all the other people helped you when you were a noob.

JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my friend has his own gym at his palce I went there once. no fans or A/C... cmon he can afford a gym but not a $20 fan? LOL well my point is my workout SUCKED!!!! I was sweating so ****ing much I had to rest so much between sets it wasn't good at all!
    Last edited by JellyBeans; 09-29-2006 at 04:14 PM.

Suckin down another meal -Nostalgia-'s Avatar
    -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nostalgia- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by theblaztoo
    why all of the sudden is this guy a dumbass? Theres a big myth that a lot of people believe sweating makes you lose weight or become ripped. Now a lot of the more experienced people on here know thats not true... but obviously he doesn't, is it really a big deal? I mean just tell him that it's not healthy an has no benifits an leave it at that. That what the forums are for... asking questions.
    I agree. Simply answering his question politely would have been far more mature. However, it seems most ppl here would rather take the route of bashing the new people around.
    *RANDOM INFO*

Favorite exercises - DB Press, Deadlift

Current supps -

ON 100% Whey
    NO Shotgun
    Vitmin Multi-Vitamin

bump for lintford to reply

cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cooper... has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lintford was right here mate. noobs keep asking dumb or the same questions over and over, so instead of typing out another answer [that he's done 100 times] they are told to search.

its in the thread rules up top of the section, noobs have gotta stop asking stupid questions to which they could figure out the answer themselves

cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How do you people not sweat just because the A/C is running? Do they have it cranked to 40* or something?

There's no half-way successful gym in existance that doesn't have central air. A/C doesn't mean freezing cold temperatues. It's useful for regulating air temperature and keeping the humidity down.

Registered User tatortotajigalo's Avatar
    tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)
    hmmm....you live in maine?
    Owner of Southern Style Trucks - Houston, Texas.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

Killa Cris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Another great thread brought to you by the Teen Section.

I wouldn't want to be in a building without a AC, why the hell would I lift in one without it?

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No man. Sweating=dehydration and body temperature regulation. But come on dude, do some research. How old are you?
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500) halftrees is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by theblaztoo
    Lintford, since every time someone makes a thread asking a question some people consider stupid, or its a topic been explained a lot an you either call call them a dumbass or ****tard or whatever, or tell them to use the god damn search button, I decided to look up some of the thread you made when you first joined: So instead of jumping all over these noobs, calling them names, help them like all the other people helped you when you were a noob.
    What is your point theblaztoo? That Lintford was at one point inexperienced? So what? You were, I was, and everybody was. Everyone is a dick to noobs when they first join the forums, its like a rite of passage for em, its good for them! Its kinda like beating your kids for being bad, if you never do it they'll become total douchebags.

My two cents...