TallGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How many years to get a bodybuilders body?

Hi,
    I just started weight training again after a 6 month hiatus. My previous experience with working out has been on and off for the past 4 years.

This is my year, 2003, to get serious.

I'm 5'9", 31, about 137 lbs, lean, and need to gain alot of muscle. I have also read alot over the years about nutrition, weight training, routines, etc. for years and have read and re-read every Muscle and Fitness, Oxygen, and other magazines/books on the subject. I've had a few personal trainers thruout the years as well. So, while I don't know everything about the sport of bodybuilding, I do know what works for me and consider myself pretty well versed in most aspects of it.

Anyways, I want to direct this question towards the seasoned fitness gals and ask them how long have they been training? How long did it take to see your body mature with the musclulature you would consider as a bodybuilder?
    I know the answers will vary depending on your starting knowledge of the sport and whether it took you awhile to figure things out (diet, training, what works for you, what doesn't work for you, etc.). But, on the average, if you were very knowledgeable about weight training and don't have much bodyfat to lose, how long would it take you to get to the point in your muscular development where you are now, considering you would be diligent and committed to the sport???

Thanks a bunch!

RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

It does take a lot of time and effort. It takes a few years. It is really worth the wait though in my mind.
    I see dead people, but unfortunately I see more stupid people than dead people.

TallGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Thanks Redhead

Thanks for your input. I figured it would be at least a few years of committed work and it really is a lifestyle.

I just had wondered, when I looked at all the female fitness models in Oxygen magazine, how long it took them to look like that. Alot have had a background in gymnastics, so really, they've been at it since they were young.

I wanted to know how long it would take for someone like me, who doesn't have any athletic or gymnastics background, to look like that, if I were to be committed to the journey.

Alot of times people in this pursuit get too hard on themselves for having a low energy day or an extra cheat day, but I think it's important to remember, that if you are doing this for the long haul, it's ok. You just have to get right back on track, because you'll be in this gig for at least a few years before you can even think about just doing it for maintenance.

Any other input for you other fitness bodybuilders - amateur or veterna - would be appreciated.

Donna

RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedheadHardBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation You're welcome and no problem TallGirl

Most of the girls with in the fitness world with gymnastics in there background have been doing that since they were little girls.
    I see dead people, but unfortunately I see more stupid people than dead people.

thibrnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

genetics first

i started out working with weights and hiring a personal trainer and reading all the mags too, but one thing you need to know, that i didn't realize till i went to college to study fitness is that alot of info you get from muscle mags is VERY misleading. I thought i was knowledgeable about fitness till I took my first sport physiology class.....put me in my place.......
    Of everything to remember is that your progress will be predetermined primarily by your genetics. Unless you use certain supplements, i.e. steroids your potential is set.
    Personally, if I could give any advice it would be to seek out a well educated fitness professional to guide you. Good Luck

P.S. not to be negative but alot of fitness models take alot of unhealthy supplements, not all of them but enough to make you question the whole scene......